Phantis Forums

New Information From the AEK Camp

Dava-G

Im not an AEK fan, but am i the only one who is feeling a little optimistic for AEK.

I seriously feel evrything will be ok soon.

And as for the players leaving, a new team can be made, its not that hard to be competitive in greece.

Did Chiotis also put his "Prosfygi"....or has any other team an offer on him ????

You know now with what Goalkeepers we played the last years.......our field players have shown their values in Portugal.

(The best Goalkeeper among the three that we got , Lyberopoulos is not wanted)

Giafto mhn mou milate gia megalous Proponites (Dumitrescu excluded, although he is not big) pou perasan sta teleuta xronia apo AEK...... akoma kai h Nixterides exoune kalitera matia......

Sportaction is reporting that Lymbe is off to PAOK... makes sense anyway. Has not been paid and PAOK are in the CL.

Kojak... Yes players can leave, but when almost ALL your players leave it is very difficult to build anything back in any short period of time.

Besides, how do you buy or pay more players, when you dont have any $$$$?

It is already July and we dont even have a coach... forget about the financial issues that have not been resolved.... Now they are saying stuff must be resolved before the end of July. Not many players will wait around until that time to "see what happens". There are footballers. They have a life span, of good soccer, of about 7 years.

We will be playing with 15 kids this year.

I would not hang on big names........ important thing is that Demis can bring the financial issues as good as possible under control.....

Eventhough we would play without any big names, the saison could be exciting.

If you start without big names, but have hungry young players, who give everything on the pitch..and the first positive result come....then the AEKtzides will love the team, who has nothing to lose.

We say now Kapsis, Katsouranis, Tsartas, Lakis, Zagorakis......

Well in the championship, you did not see this determination, which has been shown in Portugal.....

Kapsis did not play 3 consecutive games in a row.....he was always injured....suddenly in Spain he does 6 superbe games (one error), without missing any game....... that's really strange. I came to the conclusion...that our players took it easy a bit the last saison....(without giving them the whole blame to them)......

So why should I miss them ?...... Important thing is that they don't go for free.....

Demis is a keen person.....eventhough the big names will go...., he will bring young players in , who could show fresh football and some surprises beating the "big names", who doesn't seem much better.

Nightsurfer,

I would not hang on big names........ important thing is that Demis can bring the financial issues as good as possible under control.....

Can he get financial control? What happens if he cannot? I dont know if alot of the young players will wait around to find out.

Eventhough we would play without any big names, the saison could be exciting.

If you start without big names, but have hungry young players, who give everything on the pitch..and the first positive result come....then the AEKtzides will love the team, who has nothing to lose.

I agree that names are just names. Once Dusan left, there was a major attendence increase, then slowly it tapered off again to the point where it was back to normal at the end of the season.

We say now Kapsis, Katsouranis, Tsartas, Lakis, Zagorakis......

Well in the championship, you did not see this determination, which has been shown in Portugal.....

That is completely correct. The national team had an entire country (and world) with it to perform and succeed. Last year, AEK nation was not united and was not supporting the team. Sure these guys are paid professionals (oops, actually they are just professionals and not paid), but they also need motivation to play - day in and day out. The proper "family" environment feeds the success of a team and community as seen with the national team.

Kapsis did not play 3 consecutive games in a row.....he was always injured....suddenly in Spain he does 6 superbe games (one error), without missing any game....... that's really strange.

You mean Portugal, right? Think back 2 years ago when we was shutting down Batistuta and Ronoldo and having a great year with AEK. That is what got him to Portugal, not his injuries. As you know, injuries are a part of the game. Doesnt make a players any less good. Besides, all of our other defender were hurt all season as well... so players were being rushed back into playing condition. Not properly taking their time.

I came to the conclusion...that our players took it easy a bit the last saison....(without giving them the whole blame to them)......

So why should I miss them ?...... Important thing is that they don't go for free.....

I agree they took it easy. I am just going to paste in my response from above... with some modifications. Last year, AEK nation was not united and was not supporting the team. Sure these guys are paid professionals (oops, actually they are just professionals and not paid), but they also need motivation to play - day in and day out. The proper environment feeds the success of a team and community as seen with the national team.

Demis is a keen person.....eventhough the big names will go...., he will bring young players in , who could show fresh football and some surprises beating the "big names", who doesn't seem much better.

My friend, I agree that Demis is Keen. He is smart and was an excellent footballer. I wish we would have him this year to play for us. But I dont know about his management qualities. Does he have an eye for talent? Can he scout well enough to bring in the proper young players? The next Katsouranis? Will he take it on himself to "coach" and "mentor" these players when all of his "big name" players have left... when those players, whether you like them or not, do command respect from younger players... who will have the charisma and experience to pass on their football knowledge? An Example from last year I read that Russev explained how great it was to learn from Tsiartas and Zags... ok he could be kissing up, but at the same time I dont think so. My friend, you have played organized football. You as a former player, understand all these types of small, yet very important, parts of the team.

I highly doubt our fans will pay to watch Gamma ethniki level football in the alpha division (if we are there)... or go to OAKA to watch D ethniki matches... No one buys tickets, then we go further down the financial spiral.

Yeah I meant Portugal....., but I was thinking about his error agianst Spain... :)

No, I do not want necessarily that they go down........ as far as I m informed the Greek State offered AEK a very long standing plan to reduce the costs....in a way that AEK is still functioning.

Did you read today.....FIFA gave green light to AEK being able to do international transfer.

I suppose that Demis has some rich people behind him..... and he said that as per Monday he wants to pay some players............... so if AEK Managemetn pays those players (with borrowed money)...... then if they go to foreign clubs....the transfer money will be bigger than the outstanding wages...... this means that at the end.....there will be some money left to buy other players.....

And as far as I m informed...... Demis has a certain players list.........

What I want ....is that Demis continues to play.....because I still rate him as the best Greek Striker at the moment...and it was really a bad luck that he was injured during the EC Tournament....... I mean I saw him play in March.....and I wrote there that Demis was European Class then.... he can't forget football in 4 months....

And please, please God...... no Xiotis any more......... I hope a good Goalkeeper will join us...... I mean Katergianakis is free now....

Dava......today anyway they don't know to play ball ..with only few exceptions.....today if you can run for 95 minutes...., you can play in every premium league......this is unfortunately...a fact...

But at the end ...you will love AEK 2004 / 05 too.....mark my words , I know what

I m telling you.....

Dava......today anyway they don't know to play ball ..with only few exceptions.....today if you can run for 95 minutes...., you can play in every premium league......this is unfortunately...a fact...

Nightsurfer...

This I know.... AEK had been this way for many years.... When Pathiakakis and Toumbakovic and Doudou were coach... that is pretty much all that we did. We pretty much had 11 players running for the whole game.

I will always love AEK. No matter what year. I am just not that comfortable with what is going on in our family right now. Unless you have some "insider" information that we all dont know about, I am pretty skeptical. I will have to see some positive results....

Boys...things will be better because you follow your heart. With Demis, you can fall backwards with your eyes closed and he will catch you...you trust him.

Beleive me....follow your heart. I trust he will lead us. We cant get worse. We may not win titles immediately but we will do the right thing off-field and hopefully flow onto on-field.

Trust in your team and your supporters you stand by your side.

UNfortunately, Im not getting a warm fuzzy feeling from this whole situation.

I trust Demis as a player100%. Asa president he will have to gain my trust. I cant give it out freely.

I dont like to be so negative, but unfortunately I am. Hopefully, I am totally wrong.

the only thing that worries me .....is the post of the Goalkeeper......

There goes a really good opportunity....

Greek international goalkeeper Fanis Katergiannakis has agreed to join newly-promoted Italian side Cagliari.

The 30-year-old Fanis Katergiannakis was the third choice goalkeeper of Otto Rehhagel at Euro 2004 and will fly on Monday to Italy and sign a two-year contract with the Italian side.

Katergiannakis was a free agent after his contract with Olympiakos Piraeus ended in June.

Archived