Phantis Forums

Football (Soccer) - Men - Schedule

Ziaka

Here is the Men's Football (Soccer) Olympic Tournament Schedule.

GROUP A

11-AUG-2004: 21:00 GR: GREECE - Korea Republic (Thessaloniki)

11-AUG-2004: 21:00 GR: Mali - Mexico (Volos)

14-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Korea Republic - Mexico (Piraues)

14-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: GREECE - Mali (Thessaloniki)

17-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Korea Republic - Mali (Thessaloniki)

17-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: GREECE - Mexico (Volos)

GROUP B

12-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Paraguay - Japan (Thessaloniki)

12-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Ghana - Italy (Volos)

15-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Paraguay - Ghana (Thessaloniki)

15-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Japan - Italy (Volos)

18-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Paraguay - Italy (Piraeus)

18-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Japan - Ghana (Volos)

GROUP C

11-AUG-2004: 21:00 GR: Tunisia - Australia (Heraklio)

11-AUG-2004: 21:00 GR: Argentina - Serbia/Montenegro (Patra)

14-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Serbia/Montenegro - Australia (Heraklio)

14-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Argentina - Tunisia (Patra)

17-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Argentina - Australia (Piraeus)

17-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Serbia/Montenegro - Tunisia (Patra)

GROUP D

12-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Costa Rica - Moroco (Heraklio)

12-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Iraq - Portugal (Patra)

15-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Costa Rica - Iraq (Piraeus)

15-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Moroco - Iraq (Heraklio)

18-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Costa Rica - Portugal (Heraklio)

18-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: Moroco - Iraq (Patra)

QUARTEFINAL

21-AUG-2004: 18:00 GR: A1 - B2 (Piraeus)

21-AUG-2004: 18:00 GR: D1 - C2 (Heraklio)

21-AUG-2004: 18:00 GR: C1 - D2 (Patra)

21-AUG-2004: 18:00 GR: B1 - A2 (Thessaloniki)

SEMIFINAL

24-AUG-2004: 18:00 GR: A1/B2 winner - C1/D2 Winner (Piraeus)

24-AUG-2004: 21:00 GR: D1/C2 Winner - B1 - A2 Winner (Thessaloniki)

3RD PLACE GAME

27-AUG-2004: 20:30 GR: (Thessaloniki)

FINAL

28-AUG-2004: 10:00 GR: (Athens)

The games will be played at the following stadiums:

Athens - Olympic Stadium

Heraklio - Pankrytio Stadium

Patra - Pampeloponisiako Stadium

Piraeus - Karaiskaki Stadium

Thessaloniki - Kaftanzoglio Stadium

Volos - Panthessaliko Stadium

Thanks for posting the schedule!!!

well i was hoping Greece would be playing in Pireus, but they are not. So my tickets for the 14 August will not feature Greece. Well at least now i can look to get tickets for somthing else that night or maybe just take the night off as i will be going to beach volleyball that morning.

cheers

savas

p.s greece has a great draw in the football

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

drakos13,

I have updated the schedule. It depends what place Greece finishes in its group. If they win their group they will play their quartefinal game at Karaiskaki and if they qualify to semifinal, they will play at Karaiskaki again.

However if Greece finishes 2nd in its group, their quartefinal and possible semifinal games will be at Kaftanzoglio.

Cristiano Ronaldo, who we had a chance to see play for Portugal in the Euro 2004 against our NT, will be part of the Portugal's Olympic team taking part in the Olympic soccer tournament.

• 3 weeks later...

are there any other big name players playing that you know of outside of greece and portugal - i heard Chelsea's Tiago is also coming (italy, brazil, argentina serbia?)

Tevez (from Argentina, Boca Juniors ) !!!

Kily Gonzalez (Argentina, Inter)

Saviola? (Argentina, Barcelona)

Heinze (Argentina, Man Utd)

Ayala (Argentina, Valencia)

(I hope to cath the Argentina gama at karaiskaki tuesday)

Japanese Ono (Feyenoord)

Pirlo (Italy, Ac Milan)

aaaand Goran Lovre (S&M, Anderlecht) :tup:

Iraq stun Portugal

Hawar Mulla Mohammed is mobbed by team-mates after scoring

Iraq produced a stunning 4-2 victory against Portugal to top Group D at the Olympic football tournament.

A Haidar Jabar own goal gave Portugal a 13th-minute lead but Iraq levelled matters three minutes later through Emad Mohammed.

Hawar Mulla Mohammed put Iraq 2-1 up after 29 minutes before Portugal equalised on the stroke of half-time through Jose Bosingwa.

Second-half goals from Younis Mahmoud and Salih Sadir gave Iraq victory.

The game was marred by controversy and Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo was lucky not to be sent off in the first half.

He escaped with only a yellow card after a blatant elbow on Mahmoud in the 19th minute that opened a nasty cut above the Iraqi forward's eye.

from bbc

i cant wait for him to cry again when he loses the Gold Medal to Greece!! :D

LOL!! :lol: The latest goss from ET1's correspondent in Patra is that Cristiano Ronaldo went down to his hotel's bar the night before their game with Iraq, to have something to drink. Apparently, there was a Greek Euro 2004 Champions Flag/Poster somewhere nearby the bar, and he asked for it to be removed. :lol: Poor lad... he still cant get over the shock :P He is a sensation though, when hes getting the ball on his feet.

Christiano Ronaldo is not a sensation. Sure he has many talented moves, but other than that, he's just young and make a lot of mistakes, especially when Portugal lost to Hellas in the finals of EURO 2004. He had two clear opportunities to equalise for Portugal, luckily he screwed them up both :tup:

it seems nobody good at the big level will ever win these tournaments....italy lost today in kariaskaki.....and i was there.

i nearly vomited when i saw everybody there was a gavro........

i felt sick when they sang their ymno- and was surprised that there were few vazeloi there......................

ok - PAO fans dont go to these games - olympic football is atrociously bad to begin with- but the geys are ruining the olympic atmosphere instead of singing ellas ellas they do there stupid gayro chants...... i saw italy and mali in Karaiskaki and some good xanoumi lad brought some AEK banners.....too bad some stupid old gavro tried to kill him and ran after him........

ok - PAO fans dont go to these games - olympic football is atrociously bad to begin with- but the geys are ruining the olympic atmosphere instead of singing ellas ellas they do there stupid gayro chants...... i saw italy and mali in Karaiskaki and some good xanoumi lad brought some AEK banners.....too bad some stupid old gavro tried to kill him and ran after him........

Can't some people just put aside the Greek League and cheer altogether as one country? <_<

Christiano Ronaldo is not a sensation. Sure he has many talented moves, but other than that, he's just young and make a lot of mistakes, especially when Portugal lost to Hellas in the finals of EURO 2004. He had two clear opportunities to equalise for Portugal, luckily he screwed them up both :tup:

Well yeh, he is very young indeed, but hes playing very well for an 18-year-old. U dont get to see many 18-year-olds playing on tournaments like the Euro 2004 and bearing Manchester's No17 t-shirt. Of course hes still a kid compared to other experienced players, and hes got so much to learn.

Archived