Phantis Forums

Nikolaidis and the NT

nightsurfer

Yesterday late night (CET) when I switched on the radio...... I heard fragments of complains of one auditor...., that Demis is exaggerating in the NT and his tasks with the management of AEK.....

It looks that auditors were upset.....because while he was watching the game against Liechtenstein.....he said .. " I like this player (Liechtenstein ?)... I will buy him for AEK"

Does anybody of you know what exactly happened in the NT...... ?

Nightsurfer,

There are two different subjects

1) Some players are unhappy with Demis' behavior. I do not remember the specifics, but the gist of it is that he does not behave as if he is concerned with the team and instead of trying to get healthy and contribute, he behaves as an executive on travel (God knows where the truth lies). What Rehaggel said about Demis was said, I believe, before the Lichnestein game.

2) All this is quite unrelated to Beck and what Demis said/did not say/did concerning Beck except, possibly, in the sense that 2) can be seen as reinforcing 1) above.

Finally, there is one more point:

Demis will play soccer with team mates who will be his employees in a few weeks

or who will be asking AEK for money due. The relationship between Demis and them has ceased being a relationship of equals and I am afraid this cannot but cause problems.

First we have kavourogiannis benching Antoni, our most valuable player.

Now we got a player who is an owner, behaving arrogantly?

Add that to the last two bad performances of the NT, and the injuries...

Otto needs to work "his magic", we have a week to go :(

PEACE

It is Rechagel's job to take care of this "situation"

If Demis is not involved and focused, he should stay in Greece.

Otherwise he becomes a distraction

Looks like Otto will have to call Phill Jackson for some advice :)

Hope he takes care of it quickly!

PEACE

The miserable, manipulative Greek press managed once again...to make problems out of nothing......

The Greek press may be miserable, manipulative and a few other things but I believe that in this particular case you may be overlooking a thing or two.

1. I doubt that the "problem" is a pure invention of the press because of Otto's little speech.

2. If there are players in the squad that resent whatever they resent, the situation may not be Nikolaidis' fault but, nevertheless, Otto has a problem to solve.

3. The little that I know about professional athletes makes me believe that many are of the I-I-I variety that is offended easily, including reasons invisible to the naked eye. Nikolaidis' behavior is setting him apart from the rest of the team, it makes him appear as a foreign body. Athletes in a squad are known not to like each other but, nevertheless, must share a common purpose that trumps, at least temporarily, all other concerns. Nikolaidis' behavior is probably perceived as incompatible with the common purpose theory.

4. I would consider it very likely that Nikolaidis, most likely AEK's next president, is the object of envy, resentment, even hate among his formerly equals.

Anyway, enough said, let these who have problems, solve them as best as they can

• 3 weeks later...

Nightsurfer,

There are two different subjects

1) Some players are unhappy with Demis' behavior. I do not remember the specifics, but the gist of it is that he does not behave as if he is concerned with the team and instead of trying to get healthy and contribute, he behaves as an executive on travel (God knows where the truth lies). What Rehaggel said about Demis was said, I believe, before the Lichnestein game.

2) All this is quite unrelated to Beck and what Demis said/did not say/did concerning Beck except, possibly, in the sense that 2) can be seen as reinforcing 1) above.

Finally, there is one more point:

Demis will play soccer with team mates who will be his employees in a few weeks

or who will be asking AEK for money due. The relationship between Demis and them has ceased being a relationship of equals and I am afraid this cannot but cause problems.

Can somene enlighten my what Rehaggel said about Demis??

For what ?

It's just old cheese . And it was said and written from the medias..., The Greek Medias, after the friendly games against Poland and Lichtenstein...., where nobody was solidarising with our NT...and the majority was bashing it (fans) . Though it was only 20 days ago.

Archived