Phantis Forums

What are your expectations

Kostas

Where does the team go now?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Where does the team go now?

• We go after the Championship next season.
    • After a year or two, we will dominate, we go CL next year.
    • We rebuild long-term. In 5-10 years, we will dominate.
    • AEK will become healthy financially, but will neverdominate.
    • This move will fail. AEK eventually will be no more

now that the team has moved on to the next phase of its history, what do you expect to happen?

i am interested to so much in fortunetelling, than the fans expectations. this shows me under what kind of pressure demis will be working.

Technically the Article 44 issue can still turn all the good mood around in a single strike. But somehow I feel that from now on everything will go fine.

Also the football ground has to strat and this will seriously affect the teams income and chances.

I would not have a problem if it took 5-10 years for AEk to come back to the cutting edge of Greek teams but somehow I feel that provided all things go well in 2-3 years we can be back to the top.

i defninitely feel that after the financial crisis blows over, the key is the construction of the Arena.

after its completion i thinkit will be uphill.

if the philosophy of the team will be to build a team with a minimum of cost, by developing young players, then it will probably take closer to 5 years.

I think, (only because of knowing the Greek League) that if Demis finds some good scouts, he can easily man the team with good young talent from smaller Greek Teams maybe even with lower cost than maintaining an accademy.

And this is what AEK has been doing too.

On the other hand nothing is better than using also a good, new, and well organised accademy, also maned both by children who just come in to train and scout recruits from all around Greece. That way AEK can jump right back to a decent squad with lower wages, and hope for 1 or 2 really good players every 2 or 3 years from its academies of some more players that can be exchanges for players from other teams.

I hope that Demis, and his Demis' "Team" aquaintences include the likes of Eggen Gerrard or some othes like him to recruite fast and effectivelly.

The second option expresses my expectations.

Next year either PAO will repeat or OSFP will make a comeback while we improve to either 2nd (optimistic) or 3rd (more realistic) place.

The year after that, we should be in a position to compete for the top. :)

I feel that it will take 5-10 years. This AEK. Nothing ever goes as expected and we always have problems in our organization. Maybe another player will come out of the woodwork and we will owe more money to him...

I think the financial debts will take a while to clean up. The stadium is on the way, but that will take time as well. As far as scouting, first you need to find the right people (that does not always happen the first time around). Second it takes time to harvest the crop after you plant the seeds. And sometimes the plants dont grow!

I am very skeptical, though I really hope it takes alot less time.

Well Demis has a plan in action to stabalize the club off-field. Now we could lose a lot of players and struggle to have a competitve squad. Who knows? The fact remains is that Demis requires European competitions as part of his plan to eat into our debts.

I think its imperative that we attempt to finish Top 2 next year in order to make CL.....

for the good of Greek soccer AEK should always compete for top, i believe. Several players might be lost for the forthcoming year but building a team on a low-cost system of players may still be enough to take AEK to the top of the league. Signing players for lowly wages is a way.

Or the academy but it will mean that the Demis board will be aiming for the period of 5-10 yrs from now on. You would not expect a 14 year-old to come and dominate the Ethniki, do you?

But i believe the solution and resurrection is close! :tup:

I think that in the position AEK is in, I believe that the best solution is for AEK to recooperate the next 5-10 years. This way, they can relieve some debt off their shoulders and start again. I think this is the best solution! :tup:

ti 5-10 xronia? poios 8a protagonistei stin ellada mexri tote to aigaleo kai i kerkira?

imarton eipame oikonomia alla oxi kai etsi.

diladi o paok xalase polla xrimata fetos?

mi sas parami8iazoune me makroxronia sxedia to aigaleo apo to 0 se 3 xronia pige uefa, ean eixai tin fanela tis aek 8a xtipage CH. LEAGUE.

Ego pisteuo oti i AEK 8a einai aneta mesa stin 5ada, ean exei kales epiloges 8a einai 1-4, me kakes 3-5, analogas me to poso kales einai autes.

Archived