Phantis Forums

2003-2004 Scorers

Kostas

below is our list of scorers for this season. i believe we had a very good season by Lybe, Lakis, and Katsouranis, who scored many of his goals late in the season.

its also interesting that okkas has the same number f goals as ivic and georgatos, wh both played far fewer games than him. also notice that tsartas had a very minimal showing compared to other seasons.

Translation: we miss Demis! :(

Going to disagree with you here Irlande...

Lybe.....all class what can I say....I mean he wasnt far off the top of the charts CONSIDERING THAT AXRISTO REFUSED TO PLAY HIM AT THE START OF THE SEASON. For that reason he should have been sacked alone....I will NEVER EVER LET IT PASS THAT LYBE PLAYED 27 MINUTES IN THE TWO DERBYS WITH PAO AND OSFP WHILE MALADENIS PLAYED 117 MINUTES.

Re ton Yiannaki.....How the hell can you be level with those guys.....seriously if we can those stats will be more damaging if we get game time next to these numbers....I will try and do so......

its also interesting that okkas has the same number f goals as ivic and georgatos, wh both played far fewer games than him.

Unfortunately in Greece we only look at Goals. We dont have even watch the players that give the assist and is considered secondary... alot of the time the assist is more valuable than the goal. Im not trying to protect either Okkas or Tsiartas, as I believe they should have scored more than they did this year... though I guarantee that I could write a solid arguement for both.

Both of these players probably had the highest number of assists on the team. Maybe add on one more player from the team and you have your top three assist givers. Geez, there was a run here at the end of the year where Okkas had 6 assists in a run of 5 games. I dont know how many assists from free kicks and crosses that Tsiartas had this year, though I can remember quite a few.

My point being that you can put the best striker in the world on a team, but if no one gives him a good pass... he cannot do everything himself. We tend to think scoring is black and white. It is not.

If you look football with a deeper eye.....then although Okkas didn't have a good saison,

he was very valuable for AEK with his play....., despite what TV consumers say....

With his dashes and sprints he always opened spaces into the opponent's field.....

I m sure if we finally get some leadership how Demis promises it, we get rid of the financial problems and we have a steady alternative home-ground till our own stadium is built........ then Okkas will show his real value.....if he still stays with us......

Okkas has exactly ...what AEK of 2003 - 2004 missed (beside the Goalkeeper problem).... : Intense Playing Rythm.....

And the above we can only get with young and hungry players, who have some talent.

I don't see any place for Kassapis and Borbokis...due to their ages.....and we could also beginn with the post-Tsartas area....

its also interesting that okkas has the same number f goals as ivic and georgatos, wh both played far fewer games than him.

Unfortunately in Greece we only look at Goals. We dont have even watch the players that give the assist and is considered secondary... alot of the time the assist is more valuable than the goal. Im not trying to protect either Okkas or Tsiartas, as I believe they should have scored more than they did this year... though I guarantee that I could write a solid arguement for both.

Both of these players probably had the highest number of assists on the team. Maybe add on one more player from the team and you have your top three assist givers. Geez, there was a run here at the end of the year where Okkas had 6 assists in a run of 5 games. I dont know how many assists from free kicks and crosses that Tsiartas had this year, though I can remember quite a few.

My point being that you can put the best striker in the world on a team, but if no one gives him a good pass... he cannot do everything himself. We tend to think scoring is black and white. It is not.

i opened this topic to only look as goals.

you want to talk about assists open a topic about assists.

i know the difference

I know what your saying nitesurfer but I think Okkas attitude was his main problem....the mere fact he faught with Ntoumi and was acting a smartass, the face he got involved with the Bajevic saga when there was no need...

Given the chance I would say sell him because in this time of cost-cutting, we obviously need to trim up a 31-man squad....he is still worth something and will probably excel in a different league away from the social politics of it all.

i opened this topic to only look as goals.

you want to talk about assists open a topic about assists.

i know the difference

Sorry if I offended you... I would hope you know the difference between the two.

I will try to limit my posts to the subject - like everyone else in this forum.

okkas is definitely not worthless. in some games he had a field day against his defender on the wing, it is not very easy to defend him.

his value and talent are not questioned. he came to the team at the wrong time, and that hurt him. his manager doesn't help either

Archived