Phantis Forums

ATHLETICS IN THE OLYMPIC GAMES

paokg4

Apart from Weightlifting Greece will have success in Athletics. I'm looking forward to seeing Kenteris and the rest of the greek athletes in Athletics. I'm also looking forward to the atmosphere in stadium when greece gets a gold medal in athletics.

I can't wait.

I cant say Greece wont win any medels, but i would have to say the the US will dominate the track once again, just becuase of the size of there Olympic team.

I think a similar thing will be shown in the pool, with Australia and the Netherlands dominating like they did in Sydney 2000.

This is not to say counrties like Greece and many others wont win medals, but is hard to say that anyone will acctully out "tally" the Americans

No way will Greece come close to America etc as far as medals....

but we have high expectations, whether that is good or not. We won what 13 medals in Sydney? I heard something like 25 is the goal in Athens, which is thinkable since we have home field advantage, but I don't think we will reach that many.

The home crowd advantage is always helpful and im sure Greece will do much better in Athens as evident with Australias performance when the Olympic were hosted by them. Obviously the american will get more medals then anybody but i would love to see a major upset and see a rot hot favourite been beaten by a part-timer,lol

The home crowd advantage is always helpful and im sure Greece will do much better in Athens as evident with Australias performance when the Olympic were hosted by them. Obviously the american will get more medals then anybody but i would love to see a major upset and see a rot hot favourite been beaten by a part-timer,lol. Like what happened in the speed skating in Salt Lake City

As far as track & field is concerned, it will be very interesting to see what kind of effect the alleged Balco doping scandal will have on the athletics events in the Olympics. Some of the big stars have been implicated in this scandal, and it will be interesting to see the results duirng the games.

Archived