Phantis Forums

Transfer season 2004-2005

HOLLYWOOD

I thought i should start this topic early as oly forum have began theres...

I don't know if this will have anyone's interest, but Rene Henriksen finally talked to the danish press a few days ago, after ignoring them since Denmarks friendly game against Spain a while back. After that game he was heavily critizised for being guilty of the two goals the Spanish scored against us. Most people said he was too slow and that our national coach should put him off the team immediately.

As must Pao fans knows, after the playing the game for the national team, Rene spent the next three league games on the bench at Pao.

Anyway, Rene has been recalled to the squad (good our national coach didn't bother with the press' judgements) and he will play tonight for Denmark against Scotland in Copenhagen.

Rene said the following to the press concerning his Pao carreer (i'll use my own words, as i'm too lazy to translate directly):

The reason Rene spent 3 matches on the bench, was NOT because of the management judging him not good enough for the team, but simply because Shum thought he needed a break to clear his head after the danish press' attack on him.

He will not be leaving Panathinaikos in the summer! They are not planning to sell him and he has no intentions of leaving.

This is bad news for me, his to old... replace him for god sakes!!!!!

could someone plz list the players that arnt going to b with us next year???

I belive we need 2 new defenders 2 new midfielders n 1 striker...

Whats ur thought??

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe we might need a new goalkeeper as a backup for Halkias. I do not know how good Kotsolis and Tzorvas are as backups. PAO has always had a long tradition of good goalies.

Defensively, we are good enough. If Giourkas leaves , I think we should promote Oxyzoglou in that position. Central defending we have Goumas, Nassief, Kyrgiakos, Vyntra, Rene and on the left we have Munch and Pantelis. The addition of Katsouranis would be welcome though.

In midfield, we need a player like Lakis (or more simply , we need Lakis). Basinas, Michaelsen (I hope he renews for another year), Equi, Miltos, a healthy Lucian, Lakis, would get the job done.

Offensively we have firepower with Manoli, Michali, Dimi and Demba as backup.

My conclusion is that a good coach can do a lot with the existing material. All we need is a good coach (I am not sure Shum can pull it off in Europe) and an addition on the right flank, possibly another goalie.

I hope that LAMOIO (Konstadinidis) and Epalle take a hike from PAO... This is definently our first priority... :ph34r: :box:

Then we would definetly need a descend goalkeeper and a coach....

I am not so convinced about the idea of bringing Lakis (biggest hazogolis ever) but I strongly agree to sign Katsouranis (althou he has been discussing with the geys)...

Finally and most importantly we will need a playmaker (simply Gonzalez is not good enough and Sanmartean is made out of glass!) similar to Borelli, or Kounoupi or Asanovic.... We need a big name there. This has been always the problem with PAO squad...

Well, we need to sign Nikopolides..again.

We've already found a replacement for Rene in Morris, so, no trouble there. Kyrgiakos and Goumas are excellent center backs so, we need noone there as Kotsios is an ok replacement for them.

If Seitarides goes, Vyntra could play there but we need another player as well. Munch and Konstantinides can cover the left side.

So, defensively, perhaps we need a right defender, depends on Seitarides staying or going.

Now, Zutautas will probably follow Shum, and Basinas could try going aboard, so we desperately need a couple of REALLY GREAT defensive midfielders. My thouht is that Basinas should stay, cause he's the heart and soul of this team. If he does stay then we can invest in a player like Randomski or Katsouranis, I don't know. But we need to get a decent player there. If Basinas leaves, then we're in trouble cause it ain't gonna be easy getting a player to cover for him. Katsouranis is no match. Hell, there is no match in Greece.

We don't need a playmaker. We have two perfectly good footballers there. I'm just hoping Sanmarteans is lucky enough as to not get injured this frequently next year.

I'm sure we'll nail Lakis this year, which makes me very happy. Other than that, we don't need anyone else. Definitely play Oxyzoglou a bit more though.

So, it's not a matter of who's coming as of who's going. Epalle, Maric, Zutautas should go, Vlaovic, Warzycha are history, Nikopolides I'm still hoping he stays. So, I think we should probably invest in some youth to start from the bench, start building for the next couple of seasons.

Well, we need to sign Nikopolides..again.

Will Nikopolidis want to come back next season after spending most of this season on the bench? If Shoum stays on as manager, I have a feeling Nikopolidis will be gone by September.

If Shoum stays on as manager, I have a feeling Nikopolidis will be gone by September.

I dont think it comes down to Shoum. If Nikopolidis goes, and by looks of things he will, its will be because of Diokisi, or more centrally Zaec.

Lakis seems to be and along with Katsouranis on top of our List and rightfully so. Michaelsen is awesome, however he is ageing, so we need to look ahead.

Giourkas activity on the off season will also greatly affect how PAO will manage their transfers. As for Gonzales and Sanmartean, I believe we should be fine in their respective departments, however we do have a January transfer window to fall back on. You would think by than Gonzales will be showing us his full capabilities and Sanmartean to avoid injruies.

we need a bunch of players. a goal keeper, left k, right back, midfield right, midfield left, a back up anchor and hell maybe even a playmaker but thats too early to judge. if some aek players go free, we will go after katsouranis and lakis from what i hear and maybe okkas too. pao is also going after a czech keeper i think but im not positive in his nationality. i suppose they will try to sign amanatidis again if frankfurt goes down.

we need a bunch of players. a goal keeper, left k, right back, midfield right, midfield left, a back up anchor and hell maybe even a playmaker but thats too early to judge. if some aek players go free, we will go after katsouranis and lakis from what i hear and maybe okkas too. pao is also going after a czech keeper i think but im not positive in his nationality. i suppose they will try to sign amanatidis again if frankfurt goes down.

first, amanatidis is on loan from Stuttgart, as much as i know so he will be hard and expensive to purchase.

second, if pao needs a striker it definitely is not okkas, he showed he's a crap and no more should he play for any one of the big-three...

katsouranis and lakis would be good signings nad perhaps hiotis as keeper.

relying on sanmartean would be of no use as he is an injury-freak midfielder.

also a keeper has to be granted because in this year's games nicopolydis showed he's not up to the standards of European games...

Turk, Agritis and Salpingides are fine strikers, but we don't really need a player there. We have two powerhouse forwards and two pacey ones, so we're pretty much complete there. With the exception of Demba, who hasn't been given the time to prove himself, the rest of them are among the top players in the greek league, so it will be hard (and extremely stupid) to replace them.

Amanatides is an excellent player, and I'd love to see him in PAO, but I think he's smart enough to stay in Germany, cause they're fond of him there. He will be lost in Greece, and specially in a club like PAO that treats its players like s%$#!. He has to do a lot of buttlicking to stay alive. Oh, and I don't think he's on loan. I think he was released on a free transfer.

Oh, and concerning our goalkeepers. If Nikopolides does go, and I think he will, and that' all right with me cause he would be stupid to stay, we're left with Chalkias (an excellent goalie I think who will do fine), Kotsolis (who lacks confidence in himself), and Tzorvas (who's supposed to be a fine talent too). I think we're fine with them, why bring another goalie when we can invest in our own home grown talent? Have some faith to our youth academies.

Turk, Agritis and Salpingides are fine strikers, but we don't really need a player there. We have two powerhouse forwards and two pacey ones, so we're pretty much complete there. With the exception of Demba, who hasn't been given the time to prove himself, the rest of them are among the top players in the greek league, so it will be hard (and extremely stupid) to replace them.

Amanatides is an excellent player, and I'd love to see him in PAO, but I think he's smart enough to stay in Germany, cause they're fond of him there. He will be lost in Greece, and specially in a club like PAO that treats its players like s%$#!. He has to do a lot of buttlicking to stay alive. Oh, and I don't think he's on loan. I think he was released on a free transfer.

Oh, and concerning our goalkeepers. If Nikopolides does go, and I think he will, and that' all right with me cause he would be stupid to stay, we're left with Chalkias (an excellent goalie I think who will do fine), Kotsolis (who lacks confidence in himself), and Tzorvas (who's supposed to be a fine talent too). I think we're fine with them, why bring another goalie when we can invest in our own home grown talent? Have some faith to our youth academies.

Man, i would not rely on Tziorvas or Halkias in the CL. Yes, they may be well enough for Ethniki but not in the CL...

Perhaps PAO may loan Rustu from Barcelona! He's an excellent keeper on his day and he's sure to be better than Tziorvas, Halkias or Nicopolydes!!!

PAO has always had a fine tradition of goalies, thanks to our youth academy plus also our excellent goalkeeping coach Oikonomopoulos (he is one of the all time great goalies in greek footb all history).

When Vantzik quit, a lot of people did not expect Nikopolidis to be such a great replacement. Now , with him leaving , Halkias will be fine.

The u-21 national team has had a line of PAO goalies to go with. I remember when Nikopolidis was the goalie for them, followed by Halkias and Kotsolis a couple of years ago.

Kostsolis is talented, he just lacks confidence as Kilimanjaro (no offense ;) ). Tzorvas is a great talent. We will be fine.

As I said in my previous post , if we get a quick player on the right flank, we will be fine. This is under the circumstance that Basinas and Giurkas stay. I would like to see more of Oxyzoglou though in the new season.

what about agrytis or salpiggidis for a striker??? ;) ;) ;) B) B) B)

PAO made Salpiggidis an offer during the January transfer period, but he turned PAO down and re-signed with PAOK for less money than PAO was offering, because he is a "trellamenos PAOKTzis".

There are plenty of players coming off contract..which seems to be the only way we will ever sign anyone eg.

Jay-Jay Okocha

Esteban Cambiasso

Mario Melchiot

Nwankwo Kanu

Victor Agali

Olivier Kapo

Yildiray Basturk

im sorry we have no chance of signing those players.

Agali is crap anyways + no room for him

i dont remember pao making an offer to salpiggidis - but anyways good for him for staying with his favourite team, always a good decision.

Read this:

Brazil international Ricardinho has been allowed to leave Middlesbrough without playing a single senior game for the club.

The 27-year-old midfielder, who has 11 caps for his country, was brought in on a short-term contract from Sao Paulo during the January transfer window as cover for injuries and suspensions.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?...=297915&cc=3436

Do u think pao will try to go for him again?? he can play on the left and in the middle. i personally hope they do go for him again!! imagaine

Gonzaliz, Ricardinho,Basinas,Lakis as our midfield with sinmartien,michaelson,sapanis as our back up???

How Hecktick is that!!!

our central backs are fine..our goalkeepers are fine...munch can handle the left for now and we bought vytra and kotsios as replacements and back ups for seitaridis..morris can also play on that right hand side....basinas will probably stay with the club if we win the title...sapanis is staying, michaelsen probably has another year, sanmartean is good and so is eki..i see eki playing a big role for us next year as he will be more adapted to greek ball and will help us in europe...svouras should go so we may need another left footed player and epalle will stay...i say we buy another midfielder and i already know of a defender coming to pao....we are more then fine in the striker departemt if manoli dimi and michali stay, which i believe they will...vlaovic is gone, warzycha will take another role with the team, zuta should go along with maric and possibly even pantelis....all we are really in need of is another one or even two midfielders, and possibly a young stirker....defensively we are more then able...

Archived