Phantis Forums

Giorgos Karagounis (retired)

Ziaka

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure about the Itallian club except only if that Iatlian club name is AEK! :P Ofcourse once again there is rumors that Demi has proposeda contract to Karagounis to come to AEK. I will welcome him. I think he will be a good a addition to the team. :tup: :tup:

he will be a great addition to the aek team. not sure it would be a good move for his career though, given the choice of playing in italy or greece i think he'll opt for italy.

Defenetly not a great move to come back to Greece if he gets offers from Italy but yes great addition to AEK. The advantage that AEK has is that Kara is very good friends with Demh.

• 3 months later...

Greek midfielder Georgios Karagounis (30) has rescinded his contract with Benfica. Many Italians clubs were tracking him and now these clubs are free to deal with the player. Karagounis will choose the best offer.

Good player sad to see him leave Santos tried his best to keep him but karagounis decided for family reasons to move back to Greece.

did well for us all the best to him, btw at least we have Kosta still at the club who is one of my favourite benfica players.

• 5 years later...

Karagounis is going to be one of the most glorious players in Greek football history.

He has done what no one else has.

Leader of one of the best PAO teams, with awesome European runs and results in the early 2000's.

Euro 04, Euro 08, WC 10, Euro 12

Inter, Benfica, back to PAO, now EPL with Fulham.

He has more in his tank than anyone gives him credit for.

I am a Fulham FAN! :tup:

I wish you a quick comeback to the NT Kara. :gr:

PS: Shame on Panathinaikos, another mistreated legend. :nono:

PEACE

Triffili you are so right ,what a shame ,but PAO management has always treated great players like that.

They need to learn respect, but that means PAO management needs a metamorphosis. The latter will never happen as long as you have factions leading this proud club.

• 3 months later...

Karagounis scored 10 minutes from time to spare Fulham an early exit from the FA Cup at the hands of Blackpool: From the BBC

An excerpt from the article:

Fulham manager Martin Jol:

"[Karagounis] has been in the team over the last three games and I told him he could play 60 minutes today because he played the other games.

"I had to leave him on and I think he's not only a legend in his country, but he's a warrior for us.

"If you've seen him on You Tube, he probably did it [scored goals like today's during his career at Inter Milan, Benfica and Panathinaikos] eight or nine times before, and he's capable of doing that."

• 2 months later...

has been praised left and right by fulham fans and the english media.  played a great 80m minutes leading fulham to a 1-0 away win at spurs.  fulham lie in 10th place.  so far, kara has features in 17 league matches (13 as a starter).  glad he is representing us well in england!!

• Argy changed the title to Giorgos Karagounis (retired)
  • Nikitas locked this topic

Archived