Phantis Forums

Giorgos Karagounis (retired)

Ziaka

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Veron isnt really a threat, he will miss half the season with injury, and will never get into form, karagounis is fighting with stankovic for a starting place, after some excellent performances karagounis got his chance, and did well but an ankle injury got him out of the squad again, he is valued now at inter, regardless what they papers/sites say.

veron would start over karagounis simply because of his name...karagounis will have to win a spot back AGAIN now...hes got stankovic/veron/almeyda(if he stays)/emre/c. zanetti to fight against.....thats a pretty hefty load....even though veron has been through tough injury.. i wouldnt count him out..his spell in england wasnt great, but when he was playing italian football..he was absolutely magical...he seems more in touch with the italian style then the english...we will see how it goes...

veron would start over karagounis simply because of his name...karagounis will have to win a spot back AGAIN now...

I agree with that entirely word for word...however he is competing only with stankovic and veron(still a hard task)...emre/zanetti/almeyda(?) fight among themselves....eg...(Equi dusnt compete with basinas for a position in Pao's 11)

it's gonna be emre v cris zanetti because almeyda will call it quits if i'm not wrong!

and guyz, sorry to tell you but karagounis will rarely be able to sustain a place this year cos of veron...though not in ability, karagounis is not as reputed as veron or stankovi!!!

perhaps giorgio will opt for us, who knows ;)

Karagounis will become more valuable after his performances in Euro 2004 and looking at his age compared to veron there isnt much balance.

When u have Inters club president and owner saying (after some excellent performances against benfica and some Serie A teams) that he was maradona like and even called him Karamaradonis and the future is looking bright for inter, in the same sentence. I doubt he will be leaving.

Even though he might not start from the beginning he will gradually get into the squad, rip them apart and become a main fixture in inters squad. Mark my words.

• 2 months later...

Karagounis to Lazio?? Monday 30 August, 2004

Channel4.co.uk/sport

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter are on the verge of finally signing long-term target Aparecido Cesar from struggling Lazio.

The midfielder has been on the Nerazzurri wish list for some time and a deal seems to be on the horizon.

With just 24 hours left before the transfer deadline, the San Siro giants are keen to wrap up the move as soon as possible.

Lazio have been delaying his sale in a bid to get as good a deal as possible and reports claim an agreement has been reached.

The capital club, still struggling with debt, will receive

Wow, a move to Lazio eh? I guess we shouldn't be surprised by that however as Inter seem to have a glut at the midfielders position. If he goes, hopefully it'll be a move that will work out for him. I for one think it's a move that can't hurt him. If anything, he'll get heaps more playing time.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

karagounis played the full 90 minutes in inter's 3-1 win over bologne in the italian cup today...he destroyed the woodwork, assisted a goal, played a great match and was the top voted player of the match...good work karagounis..he is taking the chances given to him and hopefully we can see him alot more in the serie a league matches...

BRAVO GIORGARA!!!!

Nothing he can do will win him a first spot. He's proved it before. How many times hs he sat on the bench for a month. He gets put in once, he is the best player on the field, then the next game he's not even on the bench again for another month. If i was him i would go to the press and trash the coach, and the team. It would also draw attention to him from other clubs as well.

I watched most of the game. Glad to see Karagounis on the pitch and moving around. He played very well. Forza Giorgos. Just wondering what's mancini's future plan for giorgos.

I would also like to see him have more of a positive affect on the field during the NT's matches. Zagorakis was not on Bologna's line-up.

Karagounis to Benfica. I'd be very surprised if he decided to take on that move. After all, he's resisted all other moves to other Italians teams thus far.

I really have to say that Karagounis has handled himself with nothing but class the entire time he's been at Inter. Through all the ups and downs and through all the long absences from regular team football, you haven't once heard him complain or demand a transfer to other teams. Week in and week out the guy just practtices his heart out. When he gets to play, he shows everyone what sort of skills he has. He's proven himself to those who really follow football that he merits a first team position. On a team like Inter, where the names that sell jerseys are more important than the skill actually being produced, he's obviously being underutilized. I feel really bad for guy but proud at the same time for having the guts to stick it out. Bravo re Giorgo!

alot of things still boggle me with Karagounis

how Pao just let me go on a free transfer

how faithful he has been to Inter i mean how many players do u see that would relish an opportunity to play somewhere else with a guarantee on a starting spot and he coutinues to stick with his team but unfortunately for him its cost him some greatness i mean Maniche just doesn't play him and he is easily one of there best midfielders

they have been strong in C.L. but very inconsistent in Serie A this season

i don't know alot Greek players don't get wut they deserve abroad

alot of things still boggle me with Karagounis

how Pao just let him go on a free transfer

We ddin't just let him go. We offered him a 900K euros per year contract for 3 years but he rejected it to go to Inter for more. He gets 1.3M at Inter.

It's impossible to keep him with such an offer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Argy changed the title to Giorgos Karagounis (retired)
  • Nikitas locked this topic

Archived