Phantis Forums

Traianos Dellas (Anorthosis)

Ziaka

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Protathlitis

I would haved to think thAT given Dellas' showing in Euro Roma will have to think about playing him especially since samuel has gone to real. before this tournament i didnt know much about him but now i consider him to be one of the best defenders in europe and therefore the world, his composure, size, marking and aerial ability makes him a great player.

Praise has to go to the rest of our defence with Kapsis doing brillianlty, bar a few mistakes, him and dellas have been the best defesive pair apart from nesta and cannavaro. seitaridis and fyssas have been absolutley superb.

Our defence has been world class this tournament and in my opinion the best of euro 04.

any thoughts?

i agree, our wing backs have been superb (except 4 venetidis, who was shocking against Russia), as well as our central defenders + long may it continue.

Incidently, Portsmouth have been linked with Dellas, but i reckon he should stay at Roma, who would have seen how good he is now.

Dellas makes way for Ferrari Sunday 4 July, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matteo Ferrari has spoken of his imminent switch to the Stadio Olimpico, where Greek international Traianos Dellas could make way.

“Until the whole contract is signed, sealed and delivered I really can’t say much,” commented the Parma defender (pictured).

Representatives from both clubs and the players’ agent have publicly stated that only details remain between Ferrari and a Roma jersey, where he will reunited with former Gialloblu boss Cesare Prandelli.

Newspapers and supporters asked him if it was a daunting task to step in for Walter Samuel, who has completed his

• 2 weeks later...

Galatasaray Target Greek Euro 2004 Hero Traianos Dellas

CihanNews: 7/16/2004

ISTANBUL (CIHAN) - Galatasaray have shortlisted Roma's Greek defender Traianos Dellas as a prime transfer target, the Turkish daily newspapers report on Friday.

The experienced Greek defender, who helped Greece to win the Euro 2004 championship, is likely to solve the defensive problems of Galatasaray who will celebrate the 100th anniversary of their foundation in 2005.

The Lions are planning to make a transfer bid for the 28 year old Greek player who had not made many first team appearances for Roma last season.

However, Galatasaray will have to make a good offer for the Greek player whose value has soared following Euro 2004. Dellas scored the winning goal against the Czech Republic in the semi-final of the competition.

Galatasaray have so far this summer completed the transfers of Brazilian midfielder Flavio Conceiçao from Real Madrid and of Cameroonian defender Rigobert Song from French side RC Lens.

1st those news reports are only from Fanatik

and are as credible as Oly's Protathlitis :lol:

going to Gaysaray would be the worst move for anyplayer of the year. no offense but Dellas could play at a major club, not the turkish leage. If hes going for 2nd level leagues (greece, turkey, portugal, holland) he should go to PAO or Olympiakos or Porto. At least he gets the Champions league.

If hes going to Turkey i think Besiktas or Bahce Ciflik would be better for him.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"Under an always steadier snow storm the game’s pace slowed down once again until emotions peaked on 72 minutes when Roma defender Trainos Dellas incredibly hit the back of the net in a clumsy attempt to clear a Gusev cross."

Anybody see this goal he put in himself that added Roma's loss to Dyn K?

Obviously the great ones have their day off ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dellas to Barcelona??

-----------------------------------------------------------

Barcellona: piace Dellas della Roma

Mer 29 Dic, 8:07 PM

Traianos Dellas è diventato uno dei punti fermi della Roma ma non ha ancora ricevuto offerte dalla società per il rinnovo del contratto in scadenza nel prossimo giugno. Il suo procuratore Maurizio Tonicchi parla di numerose offerte giunte per il giocatore: “Proprio oggi sono di ritorno dalla Spagna ed ho portato a casa un’altra offerta interessante per Traianos. In quel paese il giocatore ha molto mercato. Ci sono già giunte diverse proposte serie e le stiamo vagliando” .

Tra le squadre interessate a Dellas c’è il Barcellona. Il difensore in passato ha detto a più riprese che il suo desiderio è di restare nella capitale: “Dellas è innamorato di Roma, stiamo usando la comprensione che è giusto avere verso la società giallorossa che ancora non ha un progetto ben definito per il prossimo anno. Potremo aspettare ancora un po’ ma non all’infinito. Desideriamo avere un segnale tangibile da parte della Roma che il giocatore rientri nei piani, c’è la totale disponibilità ad ascoltare le proposte, l’ho ribadito a Baldini durante gli auguri natalizi. Lui sa quanto il giocatore gradirebbe un rinnovo con la Roma. Non andrà mai via dalla capitale di nascosto o facendo cose strane, se accadrà lo farà a testa alta” ha aggiunto il manager. La Roma è quindi avvertita: se vorrà trattenere il difensore campione d’Europa nella capitale dovrà affrettare i tempi. Tonicchi ha concluso: “Stiamo alla finestra, a noi fa comunque piacere che alcune squadre si siano fatte avanti ed abbiano fatto offerte interessanti a Traianos per i prossimi tre anni” .

------------------------------------------

Barca want Dellas but i think that Baldini talks of renewing his contract(?)

- soz its in italian but i got it off another forum (www.roma-addict.com - under the transfer section).

For me Dellas can play to most of the teams around the world...

i.e. if we take premiership teams not only he can play but for mw would be by far the greatest defensive player in the league!!!! (Bearing in mind all the useless goats who play there....)

Even in Spain would be one of the top center backs... I mean the guy has played in Campionato and actually he had quite succesfull years within a team where competition is always high (Cafu, Samuel etc etc...)

• 3 weeks later...

For me Dellas can play to most of the teams around the world...

i.e. if we take premiership teams not only he can play but for mw would be by far the greatest defensive player in the league!

its funny you would say that file, look what sportime is reporting today :

http://www.sportime.gr/html/ent/005/ent.52005.asp

arsenal has laid out an offer to roma for dellas ! leverkusen also in the hunt for trianos !

interesting stuff.

1 million pounds. what the hell 1 million pounds doesnt buy anything. Hes one of the few performing players for Roma and thats not enough money. He proved hes worth a lot more than that crap. they will probably make him sit the bench too to be asses. Arsenal blow, even their maimoupedo Henry couldnt score on this guy in the euro and they make such bids....

Arsenal is insulting Roma and Greek players like always.

FORZA CHELSEA

FORZA TOTTENHAM

Guest Protathlitis

I dont think Roma WANT to get rid of him. Ive watched every game I can of him for roma this season and hes easily their best defender.

Watching the way he makes tackles is amazing, For someone so big hes got to be the best tackler in the world behind nesta

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.goal.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews...=47345&idSez=20

The Greek player has attempted to convince the Giallorosso management to retain his services in these past months, however silence has been the only answer he received in exchange.

His manager Maurizio Tonnicchi will meet with Barcelona, Betis, and Deportivo emissaries this week to evaluate the various proposals these Liga sides have prepared for him.

Here was one player who showed that he can play with the best of them, was patient enough to sit on Roma's bench without complaining, was 100% loyal to the team and he was treated like rubbish!

Traiane, you deserve better than that! Buena suerte en Espana, mi hijo! :tup:

• Argy locked this topic

Archived