Phantis Forums

Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)

Ziaka

Werder Bremen has received no bid for Angelos Charisteas, and the rarely used Greek striker looks set to stay with the German champion for the time being, the club's sporting director said Tuesday.

"We have no official offer, neither from Ajax nor from any other club," Klaus Allofs said, reacting to media reports that have linked Charisteas with a possible move to Amsterdam.

Charisteas scored three goals for Greece at Euro 2004, including the winner in the final against Portugal and France in the quarter-final.

Allofs said Bremen may consider letting Charisteas go if the club receives an adequate replacement plus an attractive financial offer.

"But these are just hypothetical considerations. We have no intention of releasing any players during the winter break not of signing new ones," he said.

Charisteas, who has scored five goals in 11 Bundesliga appearances this season, has been openly unhappy about his lack of playing time.

Hopefully a new opportunity will arise in the transfer period. :gr:

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Werder Bremen has received no bid for Angelos Charisteas, and the rarely used Greek striker looks set to stay with the German champion for the time being, the club's sporting director said Tuesday.

"We have no official offer, neither from Ajax nor from any other club," Klaus Allofs said, reacting to media reports that have linked Charisteas with a possible move to Amsterdam.

Charisteas scored three goals for Greece at Euro 2004, including the winner in the final against Portugal and France in the quarter-final.

Allofs said Bremen may consider letting Charisteas go if the club receives an adequate replacement plus an attractive financial offer.

"But these are just hypothetical considerations. We have no intention of releasing any players during the winter break not of signing new ones," he said.

Charisteas, who has scored five goals in 11 Bundesliga appearances this season, has been openly unhappy about his lack of playing time.

FROM- theworldgame.com

I HOPE ANG GOES TO AJAX, ANYWHERE BUT STAYING AT BREMEN.

HELLAS TOWARDS 2006

:gr:

Well I just saw this on goal.com

Ajax To Table Offer For Charisteas

12/15/2004 6:08:00 PM

EURO 2004 winner Angelos Charisteas is on the verge of a winter move to Dutch giants Ajax.

“In the next days we will look to strike a deal with Werder for Charisteas’ services,” said Ajax chairman John Jaake today.

Charisteas is currently Werder’s fourth striker, and his national team coach Otto Rehaggel has publicly asked him to leave the German club.

Ajax are currently third in the Dutch league, and were eliminated from the Champions League group phase.

Jesus, I know Oly fans are meant to be thick, but this...The guy was clearly joking!! Oly has agreed with Tevez though, who preferre to make his move to Europe instead of Corinthians.. At 16 million, its a bargain

didn't tevez just recently resign with Boca juniors

anywayz Charisteas is reportedly being seeked by Ajax

Looks like someone can add ex-Werder Bremen next to ex-Aris player. It's pretty much official now as he's flying into Amsterdam in the next few days to sign the contract.

I'm really happy for the guy and I wish him all the best in Holland and Ajax.

well this is a great move for Angelos i mean its an important time in his career he is at age 24 where he should be prospering and everybody will be watching him b/c of his Euro 2004 success

he will be getting lots of mins i mean they have spent 5 million euros i think

i mean at the latest he will be a regular starter next season for sure (only injuries can stop that hopefully he avoids them and greatness will be shown)

• Argy changed the title to Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)
  • Argy locked this topic

Archived