Ziaka

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Toffees eye Greece star (SKY SPORTS)

Sunday, 04 July 2004

by Nadia Carminati

Greece international striker Zisis Vryzas is reportedly being monitored by Premiership outfit Everton, according to reports emanating from Italy.

The Fiorentina marksman has impressed greatly in Euro 2004 this summer as Otto Rehhagel's men surged into the final to face hosts Portugal.

As yet no offer has been forthcoming from David Moyes' side, with Tomasz Radzinski tipped to leave Goodison Park, although that could change quickly.

A couple of Serie A clubs, namely Bologna and Reggina, are reportedly interested in signing the tall forward, who has mainly been used as a substitute on the international stage.

Vryzas, along with a number of his Greece colleagues, have raised their profile significantly following their stunning progress to the European Championship final.

• 1 month later...

In other transfer news, Zisis Vryzas has been sold to Celta Vigo. “This decision was made on the last day of the transfer window,” revealed Euro 2004 winner Vryzas. “I’m sorry to leave Fiorentina, but now my objective is to get Celta Vigo back into the top flight.”

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I'd have to agree. The competition he's going to face in division 2 football in Spain will more than adequately prepare him for the world cup qualifiers. I think he's shown that he may not be playing on the biggest teams out there (Celta, Fiorentina, Perugia), but he has a workhorse ethic and I think Otto really appreciates that. Mind you, I could be way off the mark and maybe he uses him because he has no other options of his experience. Time will tell I guess.

• 2 months later...

good s%$#! i want him out of that division and into the top division of any country

but if his team moves up to la liga that will only make him better

the spanish 2nd division is probably the best 2nd division in the world....many of those teams could compete in our a katigoria even........yeah its still 2nd, but thats still a tougher league than most smaller countries 1st leagues.....and spending the last season in the italian 2nd division didnt do him bad :gr:

• 1 month later...

Yesterday Celta beat Sporting Gijon 1-0 - Vryzas entered the match in 77 min and helped that his team wins (1-0 Canobbio 90')

After 24 rounds Celta is third with 43 pts (first Cadiz has 46 pts) - now they hold the promotion spot but there are 18 more round to be played.

Zisis Vryzas is a first-team regular - has played 19 times this season + the only Celta's cup match (1-3 to Tenerife). He scored 4 goals and has a couple of assists, he is one of the topscorers for his team (only Canobbio-7 & Jandro-6 are better).

He is mostly starter (16 times + 1 cup match) & was substituted 9 times (3in, 6out).

They have a good team (Cavallero, Berizzo, Canobbio, Facundo Sava, Juan Sanchez) - and Vryzas is with his qualities and experience one of the most important Celta players this season.

• Argy locked this topic

Archived