Phantis Forums

Demis Nikolaidis

Cerigo

It's great to be back on Phantis. As an AEK supporter I still have a soft spot for Demis. I noticed that he was on the bench (but not used as a sub) in Athletico Madrid's first game against Sevilla but in the second game he does not even appear on the teamsheet. Is he injured? Does anyone know what's happening?

i think that he is still slowly getting back into shape.

against armenia he played a great game...had a goal disallowed, hit the post and had one cleared off the line.

a few more games in spain and he will start tearing it up like old :nw:

watch him put a few past northern ireland in october :D

Guest Thryleon

yeah i'm hoping that he has a big game against armenia tonite, not only for himself but because our ethiniki needs him!!

a fit and in-form demis makes our NT twice as strong!!

I disagree, you have a fair point, but we have capable strikers in the form of Vrysaz, and Haristeas. Having Nikolaidis doesnt make us any stronger, and if both players were to play out the game, then it would not make a big difference to me.

well you cant be as cocky to say name another player because i could name a few.......

lybe, PAPADOPOULOS, choutos

but i agree that he deserves a spot and i guess my interpretation of the game was off a bit from what the stupid announcer said.

he is a great striker and is good for greece, and usually plays his heart out except the last game i saw witch was sweden, but i think he is our most attacking threat out of charisteas and vryzas, so unless he is out of form he should be there

When Ntemis came in ... he was the most dangerous Greek Striker.. kai ta ekane Ano-Kato.... he hit once the post....via the hand of the Goalkeeper..... and twice has he dribbled the whole defence out..... in the first time... his backpass was blocked by an Armenian... in the second phase he was a little to selfish.....

he dribbled out everyone.... Vryzas was standing 6 meters of the goal... and would have been ready to kick in..... but Ntemis prefered to dribble one more time and was successful.... but then kicked out.....

And all this NOT having more than 45 minutes championship in his feet..........

Imagine he would have had more practice........... !!!!!!!!!

1) Prota na vlepete ta Match...............

2) Ystera na skeftieste..... alla xoris gialakia............

3) Kai sto telos na milate...........

Guest Thryleon

u have to be joking with your comment thryleon.......

demis brings a lot to our attacking formation, something that we have lacked in previous matches.

i cannot believe how quickly people forget what demis has done for the ethniki in the past and how much of a great player the guy is....

Actually im not. Demis is a hard working striker and you guys have a lot of faith in him. Now you are asking me if im joking when i "DISAGREE". I dont think the forward line is any stronger with him and thats my belief, but i dont think its weaker either. If Demis had come from any team but AEK you guys would think the same. To me our greatest Forward is Charisteas. Now i dont think playing Charisteas and Demis at the same time is a good idea and this seems to be shared by Otto, and Vryzas is definately the type of poacher finisher that you need to play with them. Our strongest forward line (at the moment) Charisteas and Vryzas, our second strongest forward line is Demis and Machlas.

Now i dont think playing Charisteas and Demis at the same time is a good idea and this seems to be shared by Otto, and Vryzas is definately the type of poacher finisher that you need to play with them. Our strongest forward line (at the moment) Charisteas and Vryzas, our second strongest forward line is Demis and Machlas.

Wasn't it Demis and Xaristeas against England at Old Trafford last year?

They seemed to play well together then.

Guest Thryleon

As it turns out, you Aektsides are just trying to make me look like an idiot when i write things, by pulling apart what i am saying. Why not just read, listen and accept that as my point of view? Or doesnt it matter to you that i may be making sense and you cant see passed your own one eyed point of view? Id probably be the same if Demis came from Olympiakos, and that is saying something, but you have to admit Charisteas is a top notch player and far more capable of taking the next step. I am a bigger supporter of Machlas than Vryzas, but you have to admit, Machlas golden years are finished, and he will have to work hard to get back to where he was, while Vryzas is peaking at the moment. How quickly we forget who scored two goals in our game against Northern Ireland over there eh?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived