Phantis Forums

What's wrong with this?

Ziaka

You're right Irlande. PAO game was attended by 10,900, and the rest went to the other games.

Another statistic. Chalkidona, a team that has a good chance of playing in the UEFA Cup next season has an average attendance of 675 fans per game.

The attendances at the other matches were 1007, 918, 2226, 1483 & 3818.

These really are poor, considering there is so much still at stake: Title, Champions League, UEFA, Relegation.

Is the reason for this - cost, the risk of violence or that virtually all matches are available in the comfort of your own home?

The reason of this is.......... Big businessmen, who are involved in Greek Football.....think only to their own advantage....... instead of thinking more generally and try to promote in the market a clean product named Greek First Division.....

Around 15 years ago ....a game like PAO - Levadiakos or PAO- OFI attracted around 75.000 spectators......

Well it could be also the TV with so many live coverages....... , but I think that the product is not good and and clean.......that's why it's not bought.

Another statistic. Chalkidona, a team that has a good chance of playing in the UEFA Cup next season has an average attendance of 675 fans per game.

That's a shame. :tdown: Hopefully, if Chalkidona makes the UEFA Cup, which I think they will, can raise the average attendance to about 2,000........... :la:

how on earth is it possible that, in a country where there are so many guys crazy 'bout football, there are so little spectators???

I don't understand, greek fans are one of the most fanatic I've seen in my life but they cannot make it to the stadium?

Has it to do with football on tv? the entrance fees? distance?

My father used to tell me how families used to go watch the games. Fathers would bring thier kids and they would make a day of it. Thats what I am used to here in the States.

But I have been to games lately where honestly, the atmosphere is FAR from being that of the family. Along with the fights that go on outside of the stadium... inside there are definitely fights and then there is the burning of chairs etc... Do you want to bring your 10 yr old children to these games?

I wouldnt. So instead of bringing in a typical family of four people, you bring in none. Now say there would have been 1000 families. Thats 4000 extra people. Thats the facts.

how on earth is it possible that, in a country where there are so many guys crazy 'bout football, there are so little spectators???

They are not crazy about football, they are simply determined to see their team win whatever the means, mostly, but not exclusively, intimidation. So that the inmates have taken over the asylum providing, between bouts of extreme mental disorder, the shock troops that protect the interests of the president and the club, in this order.

Why anyone in his right mind would put self and, God forbid family, at harm's way escapes my mind.

The last time I went to see a match with my family was Greece-England with Daniil as a coach. Even though the match was of no interest whatsoever, Beckam was pelted with all sorts of objects and a few projectiles, including the phosphorescent ones, landed within 3-4 seats from me.

In the end, we have a situation in which each and every club is eager and willing to destroy the sport and the league, provided their club wins a distinction they have already rendered meaningless.

Archived