Phantis Forums

PAY YOUR RESPECTS

Pay your respects genlemen, one of the worlds greatest footballers of all time decided to end his career at the end of this season....

http://www.sportaction.gr/news_detail.cfm?...=30&parent_id=0

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:nw: :nw: :nw:

Thanks for everything Robbie........

Eric the king and Robbie were by far the worlds greatest footballers!!! :nw: :nw:

I'll never forget when he missed that penalty kick in the 94 world cup. :lol:

That was one of my worst football days ever..... Italy loosing the World cup to the disgusting Brazilians!!!! :tdown:

Auful!!!!

But then again no good team ever won a penalty shootout!!!

FORZA ITALIA!!!!! :tup: :tup: :tup:

And I will not forgett the following:

I think it was in France 98......Italy was behind...(I don't know against whom..it could have been Nigeria)......we were counting the last minutes of the game.....he comes in the penalty box area from the right flank........and he targets consciously...the arm of the opponent player.....the ball goes to the arm.....not the arm to the ball...... but the referee contributes....and gives the penalty....... 1 : 1 .........later in the last seconds...they even won the game........

A really good player, right up there with Meazza, Rivera and Paolo Maldini as one of Italy's all-time greats.

PS. As for that penalty, it reflects badly not on Baggio but on FIFA who decided to drag a team across an entire continent and have them play 120 minutes of football, at 12:00 noon, under the hot S. California sun. :angry:

Archived