Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - January 2023

Blackhawk

PAOK's problem is that is cannot grow. There seems to be an awful tendency to bring in people who we were sold or left a few years ago. Stoch, Mak, Akpom, Lucescu just to name a few. Now we are also being linked with Prijovic. If you want to grow as an organisation you need to let go of the past and find new players and people who will bring you to the next level.

On 11/5/2022 at 5:26 PM, pash said:

Wouldn't surprise me if this guy is who we get. If you'll recall the rumors in the summer...

https://inpaok.com/749670/foularei-xana-gia-martins-o-paok-vids/

Possibly, but considering that after we did  not sign him he failed to find another team to play for. Would appear to be a "palto" that nobody wants. 

• 2 weeks later...

Boto allegedly has already met with that Martins fella, as they're both in Portugal. I am not clear on if Martins is a true free agent (some sites say he is) - I would assume we simply can't sign anyone until the transfer window opens up though, right? Which means he'd miss out on the Cyprus training camp. Assuming he does end up signing with us.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, PaokCT said:

The rumor mill on twitter is circulating this morning. Teams like Arsenal, Chelsea, and Man City are being linked with Konstantelias. I don't buy it. We all saw what happened with Tzolis. 

Tzolis, while talented in his own right does not compare in terms of ability to Konstantelias. Konstantelias if he continues as he is tracking will be sold for double what Tzolis was sold for, which means those sort of clubs would be the ones willing to stump up that sort of $ for a 19 year old. 

I don't think he gets sold this transfer window, I think the sample size is too small for the money we should be demanding for him which IMO should be 15-20 Million. It would be great if we kept him for another full season and we get to enjoy him as a player for a little longer.  

Most importantly he needs to keep performing and not end up down the same path as other young Greek players who have fizzled out and never reached the heights they were capable of. Ninis and Fetfatzidis being the most notable amongst a group of plenty who never kicked on.   

• Like it 2

And yes we signed him till the summer of ‘24. I bet Konstantelias might be the one that will be benched in order to field Taison.

I think Konstatelias should play as he has the future. I hope my feeling isn’t right and Giannis will play and score his first goal in a competitive match. It would be a reward for his hard work the last weeks. 

New signing, right winger. Got to be for our B team, right?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cnewblnow_S/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.transfermarkt.us/hicham-kanis/profil/spieler/355375

-edit- contract until 2027, staying on loan at Panserraikos until the end of the season

Edited by pash