Phantis Forums

Friendly: Malta - Greece (17 Nov. 2022, 19:00 EEST - National Stadium, Ta' Qali)

Dutch Eagle

3 minutes ago, Omonoia9 said:

FOUNTAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexandropoulos had his shot blocked, which had Bonello out of position for the second shot by Fountas

Edited by Omonoia9
  • Like it 1

Guys...I don't care if players on both sides were mailing it in before the 1 month break. I don't care if its "just a friendly". I don't care if the ref was a ma1aka. Bottom line is, If you let minnows Malta score two against you, its disastrous.

Edited by AEK RE GAMOTO
  • Like it 1

Greece were missing Tsimikas, Vlachodimos, Mavropanos some of our key players but we have to be beating Malta. They didn’t play well until the last 15mins. Bakasetas coming of at half really hurt us. He is really proving his worth to the team. Poyet should have introduced Alexandropoulos sooner into the match. The penalty Malta was awarded was a pen but Greece should have been given one to on an identical play. Let’s hope the team are more focused next match because Hungary are playing some great football recently.

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Greece were missing Tsimikas, Vlachodimos, Mavropanos some of our key players but we have to be beating Malta. They didn’t play well until the last 15mins. Bakasetas coming of at half really hurt us. He is really proving his worth to the team. Poyet should have introduced Alexandropoulos sooner into the match. The penalty Malta was awarded was a pen but Greece should have been given one to on an identical play. Let’s hope the team are more focused next match because Hungary are playing some great football recently.

Yup. Hungary did just tie Luxembourg though so looks like they mailed it in too

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, PaokCT said:

Yup. Hungary did just tie Luxembourg though so looks like they mailed it in too

Ya. I saw the highlights Luxembourg equalized in the 77th minute. They looked decent.  Luxembourg have been improving they had a good world cup qualification in a difficult group with Portugal & Serbia. Greece better show up at Hungary they beat Germany and also smashed England 4 nil in the NL.