Phantis Forums

Greek Cup (2022-2023)

Blackhawk

EPO has this pretty much covered. If there was a team in the final from northern Greece it would be played in Volos or outside of Greece. The problem is political. The prime Minister of Greece Marinakis is at war with EPO because he wants to control it. As a result he placing obstacles to discredit the AEK/PAOK controlled EPO.

I don't understand how difficult it can be.

Two teams from the South: Athens (OAKA)
Two teams from the North: Thessaloniki (Kaftatzoglio)
One from from the North and one from the South: Volos

Why is it so difficult?

It's difficult because people are playing political games.

One of the biggest crooks in Greek football Beos is in charge of the Volos stadium and he is placing all kinds of obstacles for the game to be played there. If he does not give the ok, the game will not be played there. He got the control of the stadium as the mayor of Volos and it was given to him by the current prime minister of Greece Evaggelos Marinakis.

Kaftanzoglio is in such shambles that it is in no shape for a cup final to be played there. As it is AEK would not agree to play in Thessaloniki anyway.

OAKA is controlled by Marinakis through Avgenakis and those two are waging a war against the current EPO leadership, so that stadium is out of the question.

AEL FC Arena is privately owned and the owner agrees for the game to be played there, but the local government (probably on orders from the Marinakis government in Athens) will place obstacles for the game to be played.

What's left is Toumba and OPAP Arena. Unless they agree on a two leg final I don't see that happening.

I would like to see the final being played in Constantinople. Both finalists have roots in that city, and I am sure the Turkish government could use it as a propaganda tool against Athens, so they would probably give the ok.

Final option is not to play the final at all and use a coin toss to decide winner. 

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

and use a coin toss to decide winner. 

Love this idea, but where do we toss the coin? I don't think it should be in Athens, would Beos have us for a coin toss? And who tosses the coin? 

AEL FC Arena is a no go. The stadium does not have a license to hold games, but that does not stop Iraklis Larisa to play their Superleague2 game in that stadium. Speaking of licenses neither does OPAP Arena have one but that does not stop AEK from playing there.

EPO is now looking at Lamia and Agrinio as possible stadiums to hold the final.

When Harry Klynn was alive he once called Greece the only African country on the European continent. How true that statement was.

EPO trying to take the game to Cyprus agains but with no fans... arguably one of the dumbest moves any EPO has ever done which speaks volumes for how ridicoulos that would be

Latest possible venue for the cup is Zaglebie, Poland.

Final decision is supposed to be taken on Friday.

President of Superleague is doing everything possible to discredit the Greek Cup final, since it is not under his control.

• Like it 1