Phantis Forums

2030 World Cup

PaokCT

I saw online that according to reports "Greece will join Saudi Arabia & Egypt in a bid to host the 2030 World Cup. It is believed the Saudis are willing to foot most of the bill with Panathinaikos & PAOK getting new stadiums as part of the bid which would also use Karaiskakis & OPAP Arena."

This would be a super weird pairing for WC hosts. I could see a Greece and Egypt WC using antiquity as a theme. Shoot even get Rome involved. 

• Like it 2

I heard about this a week ago. Greece I heard could stage the opening game. The Saudis are willing to throw a tonne of money around to land the World Cup so if Qatar got it I think this bid could be successful as well. Also Portugal & Spain have a bid and added Ukraine? The UK are planning a bid as well.

• Like it 1

42 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

Greece doesn't have the funds to finance the world cup on its own.  That is why Saudi Arabia is involved.

Greece was originally going to bid with Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria for this World Cup or the Euro 2028. I prefer one country host the world cup for the Euro the two country host system has worked out well.

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2022 at 8:37 AM, PaokCT said:

Looks like Ronaldo is going to Saudi Arabia. Rumors are that he’s going to be the poster boy of Saudi getting that bid. Imagine Ronaldo helping us get a WC after 2004 😂

With Ronaldo and the Saudis money looks like this bid can give the four country South American bid a run for their money. Saudis have close ties with Infantino. I am not a big fan of this multi country bid for the World Cup or Euros. Especially when it’s more than two countries hosting. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...