Pot 2

Israel, Bosnia, Finland

Pot 3

Armenia, Albania, Romania

Pot 5

Anyone except Slovakia, Cyprus

My guess at our group:

Croatia, Serbia, Ukraine, Greece, Lithuania

I really hope we don’t get Serbia they are playing really well. I don’t think Serbia and Croatia can be drawn together into the same group? 

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, J1078 said:

Wow what a terrible draw for us. We have no chance in hell of coming out of this group.. 

Netherlands

France

Ireland

Greece

Gibraltar  

Terrible draw! One of the toughest groups along with Italy & England Ukraine group.

• Like it 1

Group D Croatia wales Armenia 

Group E Poland Czech Albania

Group H Denmark Finland Slovenia 

Group I Switzerland Israel Romania 

Group J Portugal Bosnia Iceland 

These would have been way better groups for Greece as pot 4 team 

• Like it 1

This is the result of the low rankings. Being in Pot 4 the odds of getting a terrible group are so high. No way in hell will we qualify directly. Will be a fight with Ireland for the 3rd spot. 
The only hope of qualifying will be via the Nations league playoffs. But even then we will need to beat 2 teams. 
12 teams 3 groups of 4. Won’t be easy. Teams from groups A, B and C. 
it’s imperative that Greece take 3rd spot in this group if they can’t get 1 or 2. 

with no World Cup, then a hard Euro Qualifying we will probably drop in rankings making the next World Cup qualifying even harder. Being in the lower pots. 

The results over the last few years with Ange & JVS at the helm have put us in this spot. Ange screwed up our Euro 2020 campaign losing at home to Armenia? JVS got a few results most notably a draw vs Spain and beating Sweden but he was unable to defeat Slovenia in NL group and the draws in World Cup qualifying to Kosovo & Georgia not only took our ranking down but cost Greece a chance at a wcup playoff. 
Poyet has come in and done a solid job so far but now he will need to get everything right in this group for us to get 2nd place. I think France will take 1st. Holland is a great team but they have had some terrible campaigns recently missing out in euro 2016 & 2018 World Cup. Koeman will be taking over after the wcup and he is a terrible manager. Greece can come up with a win vs Holland. We show up for games vs the bigger nations and it would be good to play them right of the bat. My concern is we don’t slip up vs Ireland who we should beat twice based on their form over the last few years under Stephen Kenny. 

As much as I want to be positive guys let’s be real we are not coming out of this group this is one of the worst draws we could’ve got. Ireland will even be a tough out for us.. We’re gonna have to fight them for third to be realistic. Netherlands and France can score at will we are not the defensive shut down team that can suffocate offences that we were years prior. Our best bet is for Turkey to qualify through the euros and that way the best second place team replaces them in the nations league. This is realistically our only and best chance of qualifying for the euros..

• Like it 1

12 minutes ago, J1078 said:

As much as I want to be positive guys let’s be real we are not coming out of this group this is one of the worst draws we could’ve got. Ireland will even be a tough out for us.. We’re gonna have to fight them for third to be realistic. Netherlands and France can score at will we are not the defensive shut down team that can suffocate offences that we were years prior. Our best bet is for Turkey to qualify through the euros and that way the best second place team replaces them in the nations league. This is realistically our only and best chance of qualifying for the euros..

J1078 definitely a tough draw. Good points by you.  I just wanted us to avoid France at all costs. They have way to much quality and are top favourites to win the wcup again.  Let’s hope we can pull off a win with Holland they are a great side but in the last Euros the Czechs dominated them in the knock out round. Let’s see how they do at the World Cup & as I mentioned Koeman is taking over the helm. 
At least Greece have the playoff and at this point in time we would play Turkey in Greece. Georgia vs Kazakhstan is the other semi final at this time. 

1 hour ago, Ellada2004 said:

J1078 definitely a tough draw. Good points by you.  I just wanted us to avoid France at all costs. They have way to much quality and are top favourites to win the wcup again.  Let’s hope we can pull off a win with Holland they are a great side but in the last Euros the Czechs dominated them in the knock out round. Let’s see how they do at the World Cup & as I mentioned Koeman is taking over the helm. 
At least Greece have the playoff and at this point in time we would play Turkey in Greece. Georgia vs Kazakhstan is the other semi final at this time. 

If Turkey advances via the euro which is a strong possibility considering their group who would replace their spot in the nation leagues playoffs? Do you know?

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

If Turkey advances via the euro which is a strong possibility considering their group who would replace their spot in the nation leagues playoffs? Do you know?

That’s a good question. Luxembourg finished 2nd in there NL group I’m guessing they will? I agree Turkey have a good chance of landing second behind Croatia or wales 

2 hours ago, HellasLEAF said:

Oh wow.  Our run our decent draws is over.  This is a brutal draw.  They must qualify now via the Nations League route!

Definitely a tougher draw especially with France landing in our group. Holland are a big team but I believe Greece will beat them one of the two matches. They can slip up as they did in World Cup qualifying they lost to Turkey and had draws with Norway & Montenegro. Greece just need to have our key players healthy. If we do I think we will give Holland a battle for second. France are to much to handle & have to much talent all over the pitch. Need them to take max points from Holland.

• Like it 1

^^^

Yes we will definitely battle for 2nd but I don't have us beating out Holland.  It is possible and we will push them but I wouldn't bet myself.  I'm just not personally optimistic on that.

The Nations League route is path of least resistance/best odds now.  Hopefully by next draw Greece can continue to clean up their ranking - pot 4 was never favourable.  Ireland in there as well and Greece 4th?  It's probably the toughest group in the Euro imo. 

• Like it 1

Far out man... seen the groups form I wanted to avoid group B and C... and of course we get drawn to B... 

As much as I want to hope I can't see us finsih first or second with this opposition, even if we do something with France or Holland, Rep Ireland, who may not be in great shap, but they will be hard too... this is basically a Euro 24 group stage draw so massive test. 

As others have mentioned, our solid defense is no more so whilst I have seen some posts on Social Media about Mavropanos owning some big names, I sadly dont see that at all when Cyprus can open us up a few times.

Super good that we have the UCL play offs, if Turkey qualifies directly then it gets super interesting for us.

Keen to see Holland and France at the World Cup and what we are facing, I havent seen them play since the Euros.

As for seeding, we threw everthing away in the dud years of 2015-2020. our Euro 2016 group was so good, even Euro 2020 group we wasted.

Edited by Alphonse
  • Like it 1

30 minutes ago, HellasLEAF said:

^^^

Yes we will definitely battle for 2nd but I don't have us beating out Holland.  It is possible and we will push them but I wouldn't bet myself.  I'm just not personally optimistic on that.

The Nations League route is path of least resistance/best odds now.  Hopefully by next draw Greece can continue to clean up their ranking - pot 4 was never favourable.  Ireland in there as well and Greece 4th?  It's probably the toughest group in the Euro imo. 

For sure. At least Poyet got us the NL playoff spot or else things would be very tricky. Greece being a Pot 4 team is totally ridiculous but as I said in an earlier post the past managers since Santos have had a big part in our low ranking. The last wcup group was difficult enough as a pot 3 team and this draw was even harder. Let’s hope we get more wins and improve our rank for the next World Cup draw. 
As it stands Greece vs Turkey & Kazakhstan vs Georgia would be the League C playoff path. It would be a tough match with Turkey but at home I think we would get past them. I would worry more about playing Georgia they are on a very good run and have some very dangerous attacking players. 

8 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Far out man... seen the groups form I wanted to avoid group B and C... and of course we get drawn to B... 

As much as I want to hope I can't see us finsih first or second with this opposition, even if we do something with France or Holland, Rep Ireland, who may not be in great shap, but they will be hard too... this is basically a Euro 24 group stage draw so massive test. 

As others have mentioned, our solid defense is no more so whilst I have seen some posts on Social Media about Mavropanos owning some big names, I sadly dont see that at all when Cyprus can open us up a few times.

Super good that we have the UCL play offs, if Turkey qualifies directly then it gets super interesting for us.

Keen to see Holland and France at the World Cup and what we are facing, I havent seen them play since the Euros.

As for seeding, we threw everthing away in the dud years of 2015-2020. our Euro 2016 group was so good, even Euro 2020 group we wasted.

France was ok last campaign they actually had 2 draws vs Ukraine who are a tough side but inexplicably tied Bosnia. The problem is if they want to turn it up and are in the mood they will be hard to contain with Mbappe & Benzema. Holland in attack do not boast the same explosiveness as even JVS stated on a Greek interview. He said they are better in defence than attack. 
Our Euro 2016 group was a gimme as I’ve said so many times but Ranieri didn’t have the team prepared and we lost those 3 matches. In our Euro 2020 group Greece should have had 2nd in the bag over Finland & Bosnia but another poor start & and losing to Armenia at home ended up costing us.

Our schedule lines up nicely actually

Gibraltar v Greece: 24/03
Greece v Ireland: 16/06
France v Greece: 19/06
Netherlands v Greece: 07/09
Greece v Gibraltar: 10/09
Ireland v Greece: 13/10
Greece v Netherlands: 16/10
Greece v France: 21/11

If we can have at minimum 7 points after our first 4 matches I would take that. Ending at home with Netherlands and France is huge

• Like it 3