Phantis Forums

2022/2023 Super League Season

Clover13

What a start to the new season undefeated first 5 matches!   This is definitely PAO best team since 2010,  its been more than a decade since PAO has been in the championship conversation.  This team has the talent,   But lets not get ahead of ourselves its a long season.  Anyway its about time we have something to look forward to watching come game day.

Edited by Clover13
  • Like it 1

• 1 month later...

PAO just keeps rolling along.....gotta hand it to the coach as he is still able to get the team prepared and get the results despite injuries. He's done a great job juggling the players and seems to be able to get a little something extra out of every player. Brutal game against Lamia which looked more like a rugby match but still got the result.

• Like it 1

20 hours ago, DiogenesLight said:

PAO just keeps rolling along.....gotta hand it to the coach as he is still able to get the team prepared and get the results despite injuries. He's done a great job juggling the players and seems to be able to get a little something extra out of every player. Brutal game against Lamia which looked more like a rugby match but still got the result.

Well said,   Hopefully the bench can keep contributing.    Speaking about the match against LAMIA,  that was brutal and unsportsmanlike hopefully they pay the price and get regulated.   We don’t need teams like this anywhere near the top tier.

• Like it 1

8x8 It's very impressive, though a bad stretch can undo all this. I'm hopeful this will be PAO's season. We may still finish on top of the league but there the playoffs too.

Still, the team needs 2-3 more quality players that can be starters. The bench is contributing but this may not be enough for a long season.

I have to mention... I was a young man when we were discussing building the new stadium, though the years, decades really went by. Now they say by 2026....    Leoforos makes a difference as a home field compared to OAKA. With a modern stadium the team can do even better. I assume its income will increase which is good to buy better players. Although I'm afraid that the chasm between the handful of the very rich teams and the rest is getting wider. It's obscene that a team can buy 1 player for more money that most teams budgets for several years.

• Like it 1

• 8 months later...

This was a great season, considering where the team was last year, and how thin its roster, with the smallest budget than the top competitors. It didn't win a title in the end, losing to a better team: AEK.  We can't replay the past, but Aitor's injury was too big to overcome.... a couple more wins could have given PAO its first league title after a decade+

But it returned to Euro play again after 5 yrs. A lucky draw gives hope that the euro games can be extended if they pass through to next stage. However, Greek teams, and most out of the top handful cannot compete any longer for euro titles. The best or even medium-caliber players cost so much now. Mbappe alone costs as much as the whole Greek league teams spend a year!!

• Like it 1