Phantis Forums

Ooops....A Family Leader in Sicily says.......

nightsurfer

I m not a national PAO fan.....but an international PAO fan...... due to fact that I m a 3enitemenos.....and PAO has given us a lot of joy...during all these past years.....

So I do not know in fact this team...as good as many of you.......but I think the key player of that 95-96 team was Borelli........and Borelli wanted absolutely to leave for Spain...... another outstanding player in my opionion was Donis of that team.....

now why he wasn't kept is another question......

Never ever Donis had the same impact ....as he had with PAO...... as he fit very well to PAO's system.

Nightsurfer:

Vardi made a lot of money from PAO's poreia in the Champions Leage in 1996. But he didn't spend any of it on building the same team stronger. That same year Juve won Champions League and what did they do? they brought some of the best players in the world like Zidane.

I am not saying Vardi should have bought Zidane but knowing that Borelli and Donis were leaving he should have spent some of that money for good replacements. Why didn't he buy Giannakopoulos for example? He didn't buy anybody. The performances deteriorated and he fired Rocha instead.

There was a lot of things behind the scene at that time. I remember in one of his last interviews as coach of PAO, Rocha said: 'kati ftaei apo mesa'. There was something wrong inside the team and he knew it.

If you ask me, Vardi struck a deal with Kokalis to sit at home so that Oly can dominate. It was all planned and Vardi is the reason.

tote file mou o kapetanios efere

ton limberopoulo pou an 8imase kala tou areze kai epeze stin kalamata epitelikos, episis efere ton nasiopoulo pou ipoti8ete kai ontos itan o grigoroteros elinas epi8etikos kai ekane papades distixos mono se opoia mikri omada kai an epe3e,

i omada etsi i allios itan iperektimimeni kai o apoklismos proora apo tous souidous katastrepse tin psixologia

I agree on one thing at the moment. Vardi did bring Lymberopoulos. Not at that specific season, not sure when it was. Look at Lube now!

But yes, tin vromia tin ekane o Kapetanios...Alot of money was coming in, there was alot of media attention on PAO, something had to give. We dont know the full story but we know moreless the key points. There was alot of money to make from that one poreia and obviously that was what Vardi was in for. But just so we dont seem so fickle, we should give him credit for putting together a team in the first place to make it that far.

And not that I want to start an arguement Juve has never bought big...except for Nedved. When Zidane came he didnt have Superstar Status.

i omada etsi i allios itan iperektimimeni kai o apoklismos proora apo tous souidous katastrepse tin psixologia

Apo tous Norvegous tis Rosenborg Trondheim......kai ustera ston epomeno giro..sto UEFA apo tin Legia Warsov........ (Pantos opos thimame)......

Ekino to kalokairo...... milousane gia na agorasoune Aeroplano...pou na pigenoun stous Evropaikous agones........... Mbori kai na pirane kai ta miala aera ... pios 3eri ?

Apo tous Norvegous tis Rosenborg Trondheim......kai ustera ston epomeno giro..sto UEFA apo tin Legia Warsov........ (Pantos opos thimame)......

Ekino to kalokairo...... milousane gia na agorasoune Aeroplano...pou na pigenoun stous Evropaikous agones........... Mbori kai na pirane kai ta miala aera ... pios 3eri ?

Ti aeroplano na agorasoune autoi oi kaimenoi?...Ka'na Jakovlev 8a pairnane..ap' auta pou peftoune ena thn hmera sth Prwin Soviethkh Enwsh.

Etsi akvrivws pou les htane Nightsurfer...kardiakh prosvolh sto 92 apo th Legia me ton Alexoudh na xanei 2 tet-a-tet sto teleutaio 10 lepto otan eixane vgei olh h Legia mprosta. To 8umamai kala ka8ws htane mia mera prin mpw fantaros thn Korin8o.

Me thn Rosenborg, allh stenaxwria ekei. 1-0 nikh sto OAKA me ton Warzycha na xanei penalty sto 0-0 alla kai ton Wantzich na exei aposovhsei 5-6 tet-a-tet twn Norvigwn. Enas PAO pou den eixe kan fysikh katastash gia parapanw apo 45 lepta kai tous Norvighous na vrhskontai se full forma!!! Pantws kai sthn Norvhgia eixame thn eukairia na prokri8oume ka8ws gurw sto 60 sto 1-0 uper ths Rosenborg pernaei o Warzycha twn termatofulaka mono pou prolave o amuntikos twn Norvhgwn na diwksei thn mpala prin persasei thn grammh.

Sthn paratash pia, oute mpala den mporousame na tous paroume kai fagame alla 2.

Pantos gia na milousane....gia Aeroplana tha pi oti ta ikonomisane ekini tin xronia....

To provlima htane.....oti h Rosenborg htane stin anodo ekines tis xronies.....kai h arxi htane otan perase ton PAO.......ystera ixe alla poli dinata 4-5 xronia sthn CL..... kai tora vriskete se ptosi...

Alla opos elega....to provlima htane oti h Scandinavi htane mesa se full saison to kalokairi....kai h Ellhnes paisane to proto tous paixnidi gia vathmous.....xoris protathlima sta podia tous....

Etsi kai tin patise kai h AEK ystera me tin AIK Solna....... sto simerno podosfairo....otan paisis mono me 80% tis fisologikes dinamis sou.....para poli diskola kairdisis kai apo omada tis Islandias.... (To Kalokairi)

File mou user75:

Ti mas les twra!!!? oti o 'keptanios' einai axi idioktiti tou Panathinaiko mas!?

He brought Limberopoulos so what? He had to bring good players and make top signings from Greek players to keep people like you happy. But where it really mattered, he failed. He failed to support the team and the players when he was most needed. He failed to strengthen Rocha and the team after 1996 poreia.

For me, Vardi will always be the main reason that Kokalis took all the liberties in Greek football. And as long as we have him in charge, this katastasi will not change.

Oh, and forget about the protathlima this year too. It belongs to kokalis. PAO will NOT win the protathlima for another 2-3 years. Not while Vardi is hiding from the proskinio. I will change my name to Elizabeth if I am wrong.

Archived