Phantis Forums

2022-2023 Nations League: Cyprus - Greece (24 September 2022, 21:45 EET, Georgios Karapatakis, Larnaca)

Dutch Eagle

Greece problem with small nations bit us in the arse again. The team came out and took Cyprus lightly. They were ready to play Greece were not. Mavropanos was our best player in the 2nd half he made some great challenges and read the game well.  

9 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Who’s number 20 on Cyprus. What a pussy. Goes down every contact. 

Kastanos, he did but you know what, we can use a player like him that runs and passes like a proper CAM, looked like Bakasetas was injured through the game, he was invisible and this is the risk with him, he is hot or cold.

That was such a frustrating game to watch, before Cyprus scored I really thought he were cruising, in control and our goal was a matter of time away, but then Cyprus cut us open twice, their keeper then made a great save on Pelkas and from there on in you wanted to shoot your tv screen.

Ive mentioned this before but I think we have an issue at CAM when Bakasetas is playing and NOT firing on all cylinders like today, I think we will look much better with Mantalos there on Monday.

When I saw the line up and saw Baka + Pelkas and Douvikas I was alittle worried but they latter two really showed how poor they are at national level and how on earth Alexandropoulos only gets something like 11-15 mins in a game we are struggling so much in midfield to build decent attacks is mindblowing.

The second half was dire, walking pace build ups, all be we were very unlucky with Foundas post and goal that should have stood 100%, it should have been 1-1 really.

I hope they work on their corners and freekicks, 95% if them are better for the opposition as we generally do nothing and give the ball away.

Team really needs to bounce back vs Northens Ireland and watching Bouchoulakis try open up Cyprus was murderous. 

• Like it 1

36 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Bouchoulakis try open up Cyprus was murderous. 

This X 1000, you mention other guys like Pelkas(I agree too inconsistent) and Douvikas(still young willing to give him time) but to me it is so bleeding obvious that Bouchalakis is not at the level it's crazy. Every time he tried to play a ball over 10 meters he would horribly miss the mark by a long way. I understand we are short in central mids, Bouchalakis should be a depth option but he really should not be coming on when we are chasing a score. 

Siopis, Zeca, Kourbelis, Alexandropoulos, Bakasetas, Mantalos are all better options. He should be no.6/7 in line, making it boarder line whether he makes the squads. 

On 9/25/2022 at 2:11 AM, paokarag4 said:

This X 1000, you mention other guys like Pelkas(I agree too inconsistent) and Douvikas(still young willing to give him time) but to me it is so bleeding obvious that Bouchalakis is not at the level it's crazy. Every time he tried to play a ball over 10 meters he would horribly miss the mark by a long way. I understand we are short in central mids, Bouchalakis should be a depth option but he really should not be coming on when we are chasing a score. 

Siopis, Zeca, Kourbelis, Alexandropoulos, Bakasetas, Mantalos are all better options. He should be no.6/7 in line, making it boarder line whether he makes the squads. 

You can’t fault bouchalakis if he doesn’t have the talent. At least he tries things with the long balls and is aggressive enough to give it a shot going forward. All siopis does is run and pass the ball back. I can do that too