Phantis Forums

Aris in Europe 2022-2023

Soprano76

Before the post of yours from above, last time someone had posted was in January the 1st.

Ever since then, Aris actually lifted up the game and was more less very good in playoffs, playing cat-mouse with Aek and Paok whole last season.

On the topic, good display, some good additions to the team, I hope we just don't overplay with transfers, however strange it might sound.

• Like it 1

Hello Rey, nice to hear from you. Because the opponent was weak there is not much to say other than congrats on doing what the better team is supposed to do. Aris has set a high bar, group stage, so getting disqualified before that will be disappointing. Next matchup will be interesting given the opponent. It should be an interesting season with all the new faces on the squad.

• Like it 1

On 7/25/2022 at 4:13 AM, Mitsos said:

Hello Rey, nice to hear from you. Because the opponent was weak there is not much to say other than congrats on doing what the better team is supposed to do. Aris has set a high bar, group stage, so getting disqualified before that will be disappointing. Next matchup will be interesting given the opponent. It should be an interesting season with all the new faces on the squad.

Hi Mitsara.

Thanks. You too.

Considering unprepared Oly and Paok, we are good so far. Also looking at transfers of Aek, we should be good this year, too.

I agree, time will tell only. You know that I am a big critic when they deserve to be criticized. In last night's match I only didn't like finishing and 6 yellows when we were a 100:0 score up all the time. But when you see what Vieirinha and his mate have done this night, our Diop was even smart.

In 2022 all over, the team is well coached, with this Kary the fox managing this. Hope Marinakis doesn't pressure us to steal Burgos from us.

Only the minus is still good relation with Olympiakos, but when you look where we were several years ago, and where we are now, I really don't have the right to say anything evil nor to be ungrateful.

• Like it 1

On 7/27/2022 at 8:48 PM, Soprano76 said:

Up 1-0 at HT, need the W for country co-efficient

As a fan originated from Bosnia, I care less for Greek co-es. But I understand you of course, and nothing personal, as I do also understand that with higher co-es, even Aris European opening matches can be lesser and later in a season start, but still I enjoyed when Oly flopped and so did Paok tonight. I feel full tonight.

Sure, Bosnian club being eliminated by a Maltese club, and same that Velež eliminated Aek last season for example, makes me think deep, but...but truth be told - Balkanian people hardly change, we are slow in the start, unprepared, always easy going, late and lazy at something we do, while teams from Malta, Faroe isl., Israel, Kazahstan want to compete, set up perfectly the start of their seasons, are hungry, etc., and competitive very much to most of clubs on Balkans these days.

Edited by REY
  • Like it 1

Same lackluster performance as in the road games against Molde and Astana.  Truth be told, you can't expect to make so many transfers and expect them to be a cohesive unit.  Good luck next week.

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, Mitsos said:

Same lackluster performance as in the road games against Molde and Astana.  Truth be told, you can't expect to make so many transfers and expect them to be a cohesive unit.  Good luck next week.

In almost all of our away matches in Europe past 4 years, we looked slower than our opponents in most parts of each match, more error prone, unprepared, conceding easy.

I agree, the new additions also have needed time to gel and while they make bad decisions on the pitch, the opposition punishes.

But to always lose like 2:0, 3:0 away and expecting us to improve the situation and be intensive for 90 or 120 mins at home to level the goal difference, is too much for the boys, and we have been always eliminated.

Will be tough extremely in the home one.

Looks like Doukoure and Dabo are to much orientated to attack to be decent D/CM and intercept something. Dabo disappointed me with a lack of fight Sasha had.

I think with Sundgren leaving, we lost stability back there, although there is an attacking flair. Opposition usually exploits our right side of defense.

Ivić killed us with good tactics of sending any sort of pass from central mid to their attackers in the space between Fabiano and Brabec and that is their weakest point of partnership,because they looked like amateurs in 3, 4 situations.

In 95% I have agreed with Burgos' selections, but this time to bench Camacho and Palma at the same time, where one of the places Mateo Garcia took from the start, was a mistake.

Edited by REY

On 7/28/2022 at 9:38 PM, REY said:

As a fan originated from Bosnia, I care less for Greek co-es. But I understand you of course, and nothing personal, as I do also understand that with higher co-es, even Aris European opening matches can be lesser and later in a season start, but still I enjoyed when Oly flopped and so did Paok tonight. I feel full tonight.

What a joke your team is. I mean, PAOK are awful from all aspects but OARIS is just a laughing stock. Gray is your third top scorer in Europe after playing just 4 games? :laugh:

Anyway, never mind. At least your season isn't over yet. You still have the two games against us!

PS. What a joke that Conference League is, right? Anybody could get the last 8, right?

• Like it 1

Aris were eliminated by a team that was better, plain and simple.  I'm curious to see what happens now with transfers, departures, as well as with the coach.  The world of Aris is always interesting and not in a good way most of the time.

• Like it 1