Phantis Forums

ECL-QR2-L2: PAOK - Levski Sofia (28-07-22, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

4 minutes ago, kolokotronis99tripoli said:

This ref is horrible 

But we are 100 times worse.

Vieirinha has 100 years experience but still thinks he can turn the disicion back. Fouls where they are not necessery. 

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Bad coaching bu Lucescu. Needs to have 2 forwards the way Levski is playing. Useless posession in the game. 

Around the 60th minute he will throw in Beseswar and Vieirinha.

Post game Lucescu twice said the team was not ready/ prepared for these last two matches. What were they doing? Unbelievable 

2 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Bad coaching bu Lucescu. Needs to have 2 forwards the way Levski is playing. Useless posession in the game. 

Around the 60th minute he will throw in Beseswar and Vieirinha.

Post game Lucescu twice said the team was not ready/ prepared for these last two matches. What were they doing? Unbelievable 

What do you say.  I have posted earlier that I don't really care if we miss out on Europe once in every few seasons.  It's the financial hit and the missing out on UEFA coefficient points that hurts.  Let's see what happens but all the ingredients are there for Greece to really move down the rankings.  I hope the other teams can qualify and accumulate some UEFA coefficient points but I am not optimistic.

As for the team not being prepared ... did Lucescu really say that ?  That's his job and everyone else at the club.  The worse thing is we thoroughly deserved to be eliminated.  It's not like we were better in any way.

The problem is that the entire organisation is a mess. I am not going to say Savvidis should leave the team like @PAOKSYDbut where is he? He should at least be coming out and managing expectations.

Players do what they want. If I don't turn up for work one day and decide to stay home for weeks, then my employer will freeze my pay. For some reason Leo Jaba is allowed to chill on the beaches of Brazil while still receiving a salary.

The players also have no discipline. What is Augusto doing, flying in like that? Why is Vieirinha, with his experience, talking back to the ref?

The transfers are clearly mediocre. I am not saying these players can't come good but they were clearly not good enough to get past a below-average team like Levski Sofia.

Unfortunately we have shot ourselves in the foot yet again. After working so hard to move up the rankings, we will now spiral back down. It's another wasted season, which will surely be rebranded as a year of "rebuilding". We have done more rebuilding these past years than US-contracted companies in the Gulf.

After the game I considered the prospect of having to sell players to make up for the loss but then I realised we don't really have anybody worth selling!

• Like it 2

It shouldn't matter if Savvidis is there or not.  The man knows nothing about football and I'm sure he'll freely admit that.  That's why he hires people to run the club that are in theory meant to know about football.  The sole thing Savvidis is meant to do is fund the club and he does that.  He is limited as to what he can do regarding transfers due to FFP regulations.

The elimination in Europe is 100% on the footballing department, manager, coaches, scouts, transfers.  No ifs or buts.  Even taking into account our limited budget due to FFP we should be able to comfortably beat a team like Levski Sofia.

I am not sure how we can easily improve without increasing the wages budget so it's a catch 22.  The transfer budget is there (from the sales of Tzolis and Giannoulis) but the wages budget is not.  Ideally we'd be signing "Zivkovic" quality players at a minimum and you would see the squad improve considerably but the budget just isn't there.  And you can only attract players of a certain quality with the budget we have.

I think now all we can do is wait a few months at which point we can assess whether the transfers from Boto were actually half decent.  He too is constrained.  It's one thing attracting and purchasing players when you're working for Benfica or Shakhtar and it's another when you're working for PAOK.  That is the reality.

• Like it 2

4 hours ago, Bananas said:

It shouldn't matter if Savvidis is there or not.  The man knows nothing about football and I'm sure he'll freely admit that.  That's why he hires people to run the club that are in theory meant to know about football.  The sole thing Savvidis is meant to do is fund the club and he does that.  He is limited as to what he can do regarding transfers due to FFP regulations.

The elimination in Europe is 100% on the footballing department, manager, coaches, scouts, transfers.  No ifs or buts.  Even taking into account our limited budget due to FFP we should be able to comfortably beat a team like Levski Sofia.

Doesn't matter. If you have a business then sometimes you need to be there to oversee operations. Otherwise it is just a free-for-all.

Savidis job is to put in money! Thats it. 

He is not doing that!!!! 

Its clear he is making money from paok. 

Go on attack me but its true!!! 

Communust bullshit talk tough deliver F***en bananas!!!!!

• Haha 1

PAOKSYD you should apply for a job at PAOK as a financial consultant and you can show Savvidis and the people that run the financial side of things how they can get around FFP rules.  If you need a reference, I am happy to provide one for you.

• Like it 3

I dont need to work champ! Hence maybe why im not a fan of this savidis save us bullshit!

If you believed the FFP bullshit then you dont know Greece.  

Greek lie agapi. They spin bullshit not to pay! 

Savvidis is a tightass and has lied alot. 

The cheap journalists of Thessa who feed us the bullshit we argue about are not people we should listen too. They are cheap whores