Phantis Forums

ECL-QR2-L1: Levski Sofia - PAOK (21-07-22, 20:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

Levski.jpg.6b8cc486f6bae1bd6658f913c90ed7ca.jpg      VS PAOK.jpg.eac3e66277014251e608760b3738c379.jpg

MATCHUP:              PFC Levski Sofia – PAOK Thessaloniki FC
COMPETITION:     Europa Conference League – QR2 – Leg 1
DATE:                    21-July-2022
TIME:                     20:00 EEST (17:00 UTC, 12:00 CDT, 03:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Sofia – Georgi Asparuhov Stadium (25,000)
REFEREES:              Jeremia Piguard – Aurelieu Dronet, Laurent Coniglio (France
T
ELEVISION:         Novasports2 (Greece, Cyprus), Diema Sport 2 (Bulgaria)

PAOK’s History against teams from Bulgaria in European Competitions

1983-1984:  PAOK FC – Lokomotiv Plovdiv  3:1 – (44. Kostikos, 68. Skartados, 76. Dimopoulos C.) – Att: 35,000 – UEFA Cup (Round 1 – Leg 2)
1983-1984:  Lokomotiv Plovdiv – PAOK FC  1:2 – (42. Dimopoulos C., 48. Georgopoulos) – Att: 18,000 – UEFA Cup (Round 1 – Leg 1)

GAMES:  2   WINS:  2   TIES:  0   LOSSES:  0

• Blackhawk changed the title to ECL-QR2-L1: Levski Sofia - PAOK (21-07-22, 20:00 EEST)

Player list for the game. We have the option to make 2 changes 24 hours before the game.

Λίστα Α: Φιλίπε, Μπίσεσβαρ, Ίνγκασον, Κάργας, Κοτάρσκι, Κουλιεράκης, Κούτσιας, Κούρτιτς, Λάμπρου, Ρικάρντο, Λύρατζης, Μιχάι, Μουργκ, Ντάντας, Κουαλιάτα, Σάστρε, Σβαμπ, Ράφα, Ντόουγκλας, Μπράντον, Τσαούσης, Τσιγγάρας, Βιεϊρίνια, Α. Ζίβκοβιτς, Ζίβκοβιτς

Λίστα Β: Μπαλωμένος, Γκορντεζιάνι, Γρόσδης, Κωνσταντέλιας, Κουλούρης, Παναγιώτου, Πανίδης, Ταλιχμανίδης, Ζίλο

• Blackhawk changed the title to Ecl-Qr2-L1: Levski Sofia - Paok (21-07-22, 20:00 EEST)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to ECL-QR2-L1: Levski Sofia - PAOK (21-07-22, 20:00 EEST)

Lyratzis may have hurt his ankle, but even if he's out, Sastre should be more than enough here. Will be interesting to see how many youngsters actually play on Thursday. I'm guessing Biseswar will play all 90 minutes.

• Like it 2

3 hours ago, pash said:

Lyratzis may have hurt his ankle, but even if he's out, Sastre should be more than enough here. Will be interesting to see how many youngsters actually play on Thursday. I'm guessing Biseswar will play all 90 minutes.

Biseswar , El Kaddouri, and a random appearance by Muslimovic will all play 90 

• Like it 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to Ecl-Qr2-L1: Levski Sofia - Paok (21-07-22, 20:00 EEST)

Here is the pre-game press conference. I'm only about 15 minutes in, but paused to link this as he gave us an interesting tidbit - both Koutsias and Konstantelias will be with the A team for the whole season. Not surprising for Koutsias, a bit surprising for Konstantelias (who I feared would be sent back into the abyss).

-edit- one other tidbit towards the end (not related to this game - sorry Blackhawk) - it seems Tzimas moved to PAS Giannina in order to avoid being converted into a fullback. I.e., this is his last chance to significantly improve in his current role and next season be considered with fresh eyes.

-edit 2- squad list just announced:

Edited by pash
  • Like it 1

7 hours ago, pash said:

. - both Koutsias and Konstantelias will be with the A team for the whole season. Not surprising for Koutsias, a bit surprising for Konstantelias (who I feared would be sent back into the abyss)..

Just to stay little bit off-topic as far as Koutsias is concerned. It's all nice of Lucescu come out give support to Koutsias, but there is a good chance that Koutsias might not be a PAOK player after August 15. There is a 2 mil buyout option that expires on that date. If he has couple good games in the meantime I see some German team forking out that money for him. PAOK needs to give him a new and improved contract right away!

• Like it 2

Levski coach during his press conference mentioned that 5 starters have injury issues and only one of them has a slight chance of playing tomorrow. Hope it's true but sounds to me like a lot of BS. We'll find out tomorrow.

As far as PAOK is concerned, after the Lyratzis injury Sastre would be the logical replacement, but why do I have the feeling that Lucescu will start Vierinha as RB.

With that in mind here is my projection for a starting lineup:

--------------- Kotarski -------------
Vieirinha - Ingason - Kargas - Soares
------- Augusto ------- Schwab ----
Zivkovic -----Dantas ----- Quagliata
--------------- Koutsias -------------

I too believe it's a mistake. Not necessarily because of Vierinha (slow/old), but you are really sending a bad message to Sastre that might alienate the player without the season even starting yet.

• Like it 1