Phantis Forums

2022-2023 Nations League: Greece - Kosovo (12 June 2022, 21:45 EET, Panthessaliko Stadium, Volos)

• 4 weeks later...

This is the game boys. We haven’t been in the driver seat in a group like this in so long. Hopefully Limnios is ok but regardless we have shown we can comfortably take care of them. 
Greece 9 points +5 goal differential 

Kosovo 6 points +2 goal differential 

the goal differential is huge meaning worse case scenario and I mean worse case we lose by a goal, we’ll still be first in the group. If we win this game by just a goal, we will be up 6 points with 2 games to go and a +6 goal differential to their +1. Basically meaning we’d have to lose our last two games badly and they’d have to win both games by a lot… doubt that is happening. LETS GET OUT THEIR AND DOMINATE AND SHOW WE DO NOT BELONG IN LEAGUE C PAME HELLAS

• Like it 2

Poyet speaking and saying this victory is bitter sweet as he’s happy with the result and the game overall but him and the team are in shock and sad with what happened to Liminos and said it doesn’t look good at all..

Edited by J1078

4 hours ago, kolokotronis99tripoli said:

This is the game boys. We haven’t been in the driver seat in a group like this in so long. Hopefully Limnios is ok but regardless we have shown we can comfortably take care of them. 
Greece 9 points +5 goal differential 

Kosovo 6 points +2 goal differential 

the goal differential is huge meaning worse case scenario and I mean worse case we lose by a goal, we’ll still be first in the group. If we win this game by just a goal, we will be up 6 points with 2 games to go and a +6 goal differential to their +1. Basically meaning we’d have to lose our last two games badly and they’d have to win both games by a lot… doubt that is happening. LETS GET OUT THEIR AND DOMINATE AND SHOW WE DO NOT BELONG IN LEAGUE C PAME HELLAS

Head to head results are the first tie-breaker in UEFA competitions, the Nations League included. So if we beat Kosovo here we will have secured top spot, promotion to league B and a play-off spot for Euro 2024. 

A draw would also have us in a decent spot, it would mean we could afford to lose one of our last 2 and we would still top Kosovo on our H2H record. 

The only way goal difference would become a factor is if Kosovo beats us 1-0. 

This is the full list of tie-breaking criteria

If two or more teams in the same group are equal on points on completion of the league phase, the following tie-breaking criteria are applied:

1. Higher number of points obtained in the matches played among the teams in question;
  2. Superior goal difference in matches played among the teams in question;
  3. Higher number of goals scored in the matches played among the teams in question;
  4. If, after having applied criteria 1 to 3, teams still have an equal ranking, criteria 1 to 3 are reapplied exclusively to the matches between the teams in question to determine their final rankings.[a] If this procedure does not lead to a decision, criteria 5 to 11 apply;
  5. Superior goal difference in all group matches;
  6. Higher number of goals scored in all group matches;
  7. Higher number of away goals scored in all group matches;
  8. Higher number of wins in all group matches;
  9. Higher number of away wins in all group matches;
  10. Lower disciplinary points total in all group matches (1 point for a single yellow card, 3 points for a red card as a consequence of two yellow cards, 3 points for a direct red card, 4 points for a yellow card followed by a direct red card).
Edited by paokarag4
  • Like it 3

As long as we don’t lose on Sunday we should be in good shape to top the group. If we lose by more than one goal then Kosovo  will have the tiebreaker I believe. 

man that really sucks that limnios has acl injury. So who’s going to replace him ?? 

7 hours ago, trotsk13 said:

Will he be back for the next qualifying round?

No for the nations league in September but most likely for the Euro Campaign. But even then who knows how his form will be and how long it will take him to get back into it.. It’s a tough injury..

• Like it 1

16 hours ago, Redunk said:

As long as we don’t lose on Sunday we should be in good shape to top the group. If we lose by more than one goal then Kosovo  will have the tiebreaker I believe. 

man that really sucks that limnios has acl injury. So who’s going to replace him ?? 

I was wondering this too. I really hope it’s Tziolis. The kid has class I just know it. Yes he had barely played but I’m tellin you linking up with Baldock he’ll be nasty. Other idea is a shift in formation to a 4 1 3 2 because let’s face it, Masouras and Mantalos suck on the wings anyways and 2 of our best players are strikers in Giakoumakis and Pavlidis. 

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Omonoia9 said:

You people will probably like this, but Cyprus blew a 2-0 lead to draw NI 2-2.

I saw that.. I’d would have like to see Cyprus get a win for there country and people…

• Like it 1

Line-up looks interesting, three changes..

Chatzi for Limnios was expected.

Pavlidis for Giakoumakis - Not terrible but I would start Giakoumakis

Bouchalakis over Mantalos - Why? He hasn't played well.

Masouras starts again - needs to show something this time. Tzolis should be subbed in if he is not producing at the half.

The rest is fine.

• Like it 1

GREECE

1 Vlachodimos(GK)

2 Baldock

4 Mavropanos

17 Hatzidiakos

21 Tsimikas

11 Bakasetas(Captain)

23 Siopis

5 Bouchalakis

16 Chatzigiovanis