Phantis Forums

2022-2023 Nations League: Greece - Cyprus (9 June 2022, 21:45 EET, Panthessaliko Stadium, Volos)

🇬🇷 played great one touch football and were really composed with the ball at there feet. 3 goals on the board & another clean sheet. Bakasetas another great goal & 2 assists. Poyet please keep it going. 

• Like it 3

9 Points after 3 games. I cant remember the last time that has happened for us. The finals comes down to Sunday a win and we dominate this group. It may be way too early to say this but this team has a different feel under Poyet, they look more confident, they are better defensively and as we can see they are still creating chances. This is the most optimistic i have been about this team in a long time. I fully understand the quality of teams we are playing but for the last 5 years we haven't been able to walk away with wins and look good doing it. I really hope this is the turning point for the Ethniki and we continue to improve while getting results.  for the amount of times i have spoken bad about Bakasetas i have to now give him credit for his play at late and he's acting like a leader out there and is on fire for the NT right now. Lets keep it going and end this on Sunday with a win at home against Kosovo

• Like it 4

5 minutes ago, J1078 said:

9 Points after 3 games. I cant remember the last time that has happened for us. The finals comes down to Sunday a win and we dominate this group. It may be way too early to say this but this team has a different feel under Poyet, they look more confident, they are better defensively and as we can see they are still creating chances. This is the most optimistic i have been about this team in a long time. I fully understand the quality of teams we are playing but for the last 5 years we haven't been able to walk away with wins and look good doing it. I really hope this is the turning point for the Ethniki and we continue to improve while getting results.  for the amount of times i have spoken bad about Bakasetas i have to now give him credit for his play at late and he's acting like a leader out there and is on fire for the NT right now. Lets keep it going and end this on Sunday with a win at home against Kosovo

Good points. Greece are beating the country’s we should be beating that’s been biting us in the arse for years.l and costed us a chance at qualification for the last wcup.  We know when we play the bigger football nations like Belgium, Spain etc we rise up and can get results. Let’s hope Limnios is ok. He and Bakasetas have been to of our best players this NL campaign.  So far Poyet has done a great job and he seems confident when he speaks at his news conferences about how he wants to build the team. 

• Like it 2

I pray Limnios is ok. He had been huge for us. Maybe Tziolis gets some play time at least. Alexandropoulos looked decent (not much going on at that point in the game but still). 2 wonder goals and a great poachers goal for Pav. I hope Giakoumakis doesn’t lose confidence from this tho. I still would be interested in a two man front line with Pav and Giakoumakis now that Limnios may be out and Douvikas didn’t really do much on the other side. Pretty much all the olympiakos Greek players are horrid. Masouras isn’t that good I’m afraid. Bouchalakis is garbage. That being said, it feels amazing to have Tsimikas on one side and Baldock on the other. We are constantly attacking on both sides it is a breath of fresh air. All in all, exciting stuff   But I hope Chatzidiakos is ok, worse case scenario Tzavellas alongside these other 3 should hopefully be enough to keep Kosovo from scoring (Ik he is old and washed but he did have some decent showings against Spain and Sweden not saying he should be considered a starter by any stretch but as far as back ups go we’ll take it). I’m hyped 

• Like it 2

29 minutes ago, kolokotronis99tripoli said:

I pray Limnios is ok. He had been huge for us. Maybe Tziolis gets some play time at least. Alexandropoulos looked decent (not much going on at that point in the game but still). 2 wonder goals and a great poachers goal for Pav. I hope Giakoumakis doesn’t lose confidence from this tho. I still would be interested in a two man front line with Pav and Giakoumakis now that Limnios may be out and Douvikas didn’t really do much on the other side. Pretty much all the olympiakos Greek players are horrid. Masouras isn’t that good I’m afraid. Bouchalakis is garbage. That being said, it feels amazing to have Tsimikas on one side and Baldock on the other. We are constantly attacking on both sides it is a breath of fresh air. All in all, exciting stuff   But I hope Chatzidiakos is ok, worse case scenario Tzavellas alongside these other 3 should hopefully be enough to keep Kosovo from scoring (Ik he is old and washed but he did have some decent showings against Spain and Sweden not saying he should be considered a starter by any stretch but as far as back ups go we’ll take it). I’m hyped 

The injuries suck especially to Limnios. Hopefully Hatzidiakos is ok and ready to play vs Kosovo. Masouras had an off game should have done better with his chance. He is lacking with his confidence lately. I would still give him more playing time. Bouchalakis slows down our attack so I prefer him on the bench as a sub. Overall the team is looking sharp. Another win on Sunday and will see a nice jump in our fifa ranking. N Ireland are one spot ahead of us and Ireland and Romania sit 47th & 48th. So we should vault ahead of them.

• Like it 1

Pavlidis should start over Giakoumakis. He’s a lot better and it was shown today. Never liked giakoumakis. He’s way too uncoordinated and looks like a donkey trying to go down a flight of stairs. That being said, maybe as a sub late in the game. That’s about it. Also, zero goals conceded in 3 games. We can put to rest all that Manolas and SokrAti talk. They’re not needed. 

• Like it 2

Nice to have positivity around the NT again.  

I have a good feeling about Poyet, and we have some good players maturing.

Maybe they can finally get back into a major tournament again.  

• Like it 2

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic