Phantis Forums

2022-2023 Nations League: Kosovo - Greece (5 June 2022, 21:45 EET, Fadil Vokrri Stadium, Prishtina)

2 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Unlucky we could not get a 2nd goal a few good opportunities but we are winning and playing sound defensively. This is the type of match JVS would have managed to screw up. 

Exactly, until the final whistle I was still worried they were about to sneak a crappy goal through, so that is big that we controlled the ball instead of letting them bombared us for 30 minutes 

• Like it 2

1 minute ago, kolokotronis99tripoli said:

The threat of Tsimikas on one side and Baldock on the other is looking amazing.  Baldock + Limnios look to only get better in their connection. We did something today that I haven’t seen us do in ages. KEEP THE BALL. We were passing around establishing possession all things we couldn’t do against this very same team in previous campaigns. I know it’s only two games but it’s two games against two teams we’ve either lost or drawn to multiple times recently. The only change I would make is Tziolis for Masouras give the lil guy a chance and make our mid 3 Siopis Kourbelis and Bakasetas. Other than that I am excited for the first time in a while. 

Baldock was impressive if only he would have finished his chance it would have put the cherry on top. We are possessing the ball & stroking it around with much more confidence. With JVS there was a lot of kick and run. Limnios was fabulous again. Vlachodimos looking like one of the best goalies in Europe! We will top this group even with 6 one nil wins. Go 🇬🇷 

• Like it 2

1 hour ago, HellasLEAF said:

Can Greece quality for Euro through the Nations League?  Or is this mainly for fifa ranking.

What's the incentive for promotion.  Is qualifying only for Group A?

This is mainly for promotion to League B which Greece should get now. Last World Cup & Euros it was possible to get a playoff spot if you failed to qualify directly. For the 2020 Euro Greece would have had a NL playoff spot had we not drawn that game with Estonia arggg… 

• Like it 1

Winning our Nations League group would guarantee us a play-off spot for Euro 2024. So if we aren't able to qualify directly through the qualifiers (to be played in 2023) then we know we have a shot through the play-off tournament. Not to mention improving our ranking and allowing Poyet and the team to gel and gain confidence heading into the qualifiers. 

• Like it 3

1 hour ago, paokarag4 said:

Winning our Nations League group would guarantee us a play-off spot for Euro 2024. So if we aren't able to qualify directly through the qualifiers (to be played in 2023) then we know we have a shot through the play-off tournament. Not to mention improving our ranking and allowing Poyet and the team to gel and gain confidence heading into the qualifiers. 

Are you sure? I thought they made some changes and now you don’t get another chance to qualify for the Euros via the nations league.. I could be wrong but I thought that’s what I heard..

Just listened to Poyets post Game press conference and I love what I heard from him, he said the following 

“ I’m happy with the two victories and the six points and I’m  happy in this game in the second Half how his team controlled the ball but now he needs to work with the team to have pretty much a killer instinct to go for that second and third goal and put these teams away and that’s what he will be focussing on”

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kolokotronis99tripoli said:

Bro this app is amazing they got all the games haha!

Yes sir! Yeah for anybody that doesn’t know get the ViX app on your tv or phone or you can watch on ViX.com. It’s a Spanish streaming app and has all the uefa nations league games you can even watch the replays if you miss the game. Just go on where it says canales(channels) and click on the drop down box and click deportes(sports) and bam has all the live games and replays!! Your welcome !! Lol 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Redunk said:

Yes sir! Yeah for anybody that doesn’t know get the ViX app on your tv or phone or you can watch on ViX.com. It’s a Spanish streaming app and has all the uefa nations league games you can even watch the replays if you miss the game. Just go on where it says canales(channels) and click on the drop down box and click deportes(sports) and bam has all the live games and replays!! Your welcome !! Lol 

That’s awesome man thanks!!!

We played decent had good possession but didn’t create much chances but not complaining a win is a win. We got 6 points in first 2 away games and top the group just have to keep it up we should def win the group.  We aren’t giving up cheap goals like usual when we have a 1-0 lead that’s the difference. 

50 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Are you sure? I thought they made some changes and now you don’t get another chance to qualify for the Euros via the nations league.. I could be wrong but I thought that’s what I heard..

I thought so but it seems it is indeed unconfirmed but it appears the qualifying process will mirror that of the previous Euro. 

https://www.espn.com.au/football/uefa-nations-league/story/4678862/uefa-nations-league-2022-23-all-you-need-to-know

How will the Nations League affect Euro 2024 qualifying?

UEFA has yet to confirm the qualifying process for Euro 2024, though it is expected to be ratified in June 2022.

The expectation is that there will be 10 groups, with the top two nations in each group qualifying alongside hosts Germany. The remaining three places are expected to be decided by playoffs, with one qualification path allocated to Leagues A, B and C.

• Thanks 2

Yeah I thought the 4 group winners in group C will play in a playoff and winner in playoffs will get a spot in euro 2024. At least that’s how it was last time not sure if they will change it this time though. 

Ok first half, we didn’t do too much really but second half was vintage Ethniki, holding possession and even creating chances.

Poyet is spot on, we need to put teams away, it’s crazy what we miss when we are 1-0 up.

Big statement with the game management today, we have not done that since the 2004-2014 days.

I hope we can get more going from both wings, Limnios and Baldock were good but the left, surprisingly didn’t offer anything. 

Mantalos isn’t won’t ge able to go back to back games in as many days so I have a feeling Bouchalakis returns v Cyprus but would be amazing to see Alexandropoulos instead 

• Like it 2

12 hours ago, Redunk said:

Thanks!!

Bakasetas again!! Clinical finish from the edge of the box. Two very impressive goals to start qualifying for him. Shows his ambidexterity against NI he took the touch with hiss left and fired on the right, against Kosovo right then left. This guy is a weapon on the edge of the box.

• Like it 3

• Lazarus unfeatured this topic