Phantis Forums

Greek Cup-Final: PAOK - Panathinaikos (21-05-2022, 20:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

Drink a lot of Malamatina and/or beer --> head spins

But on a serious note: this is the reshuffle after knowing who wins the three European cups and qualifies through the League (it doesn't make a difference now as all remaining finalists are qualified) and Russia out. 

There are rumours that the Ukraine-teams will play their League in Turkey and their European matches in Poland. But if that is not the case there might be another reshuffle which probably won't effect the Greek berths.

• Like it 1

Been up since 4:30 am to get the bus from toumba at 5:30.. I always thought Greeks were experts in disorganisation and chaos but it might all be an act. You should see the organisation of these boys. It’s like a restaraunt/club in here with a full stocked bar. Cups, straws, ice, beer, vodka, gin, whisky, rum, about 5 different fruit juices, coke, Fanta, sliced limes and lemon, Tonic, bar snacks, sandwiches, water… even sugar in a jar with a spoon for cocktails 😂 

I take the ill judged aspersions all back as this magic bus next level stuff, it really is. 

Then I was brought back down to Earth when we found out the bus driver forgot to fill up with petrol before we left toumba 😭 haha unreal man, he had one job!!! 

Anyway, this tour of Greece is fantastic. Beautiful scenery, driving past Mt Olympus, stopping off at Thermopoli etc. 

I was really nervous about the game earlier on but very relaxed now.. can’t imagine why 🫠

Μόνο ΠΑΟΚ 🏴‍☠️

• Like it 3

I'm already impressed. I took the ferry to Thassos last summer with my cousin and watched her - a genteel local girl! - nearly get into a fistfight with the guy who was directing cars onto the boat. I guess PAOK fans are truly a cut above.

Can't wait to see a man in a kilt standing somewhere in the crowd, hefting a broadsword

5 hours ago, DunfermlineAthleticPAOK said:

Been up since 4:30 am to get the bus from toumba at 5:30.. I always thought Greeks were experts in disorganisation and chaos but it might all be an act. You should see the organisation of these boys. It’s like a restaraunt/club in here with a full stocked bar. Cups, straws, ice, beer, vodka, gin, whisky, rum, about 5 different fruit juices, coke, Fanta, sliced limes and lemon, Tonic, bar snacks, sandwiches, water… even sugar in a jar with a spoon for cocktails 😂 

I take the ill judged aspersions all back as this magic bus next level stuff, it really is. 

Then I was brought back down to Earth when we found out the bus driver forgot to fill up with petrol before we left toumba 😭 haha unreal man, he had one job!!! 

Anyway, this tour of Greece is fantastic. Beautiful scenery, driving past Mt Olympus, stopping off at Thermopoli etc. 

I was really nervous about the game earlier on but very relaxed now.. can’t imagine why 🫠

Μόνο ΠΑΟΚ 🏴‍☠️

Football, Greece, Thessaloniki, Toumba, travel to Athens...passion and chaos, how I would like to be there to feel all those emotions...hope you can be sharing and reporting that disarming experience and all your feelings. Celebrating till dawn, next to the White Tower!

Edited by bluevertigo
  • Like it 1

With Lucescu, one more time at OAKA to win another Cup!

With PAOK, Lucescu, 2 times, 2 titles. A Portuguese proverb: “There is no Two without Three”. Here we go for the hat-trick of Cup titles! In Athens, at historical and mythical OAKA. Let’s go.

2014/15, OAKA, Oly-Xanthi 3-1 with Lucescu (against Vítor Pereira, the “tactician” of my Porto!)

2016/17, Volos, PAOK-AEK 2-1 with Ivic (against Jiménez)

2017/18, OAKA, AEK-PAOK 0-2 with Lucescu (against Jiménez)

2018/19, OAKA, PAOK-AEK 1-0 with Lucescu (against Jiménez)

2020/21, OAKA, Oly-PAOK 1-2 with García (against Martins)

• Like it 1

Starting lineup

------------ Paschalakis --------------
Lyratzis - Ingason - Crespo - Vieirinha
------ Augusto ----------- Kurtic ------
Zivkovic ------ Soares ------- Biseswar
---------------- Akpom ---------------

• Like it 1

An awful display by a bunch of players who could barely control the ball. EPO made the wrong decision with this referee. Sure, he has officiated a CL final but he has no experience with Greek football. The reason for the initial delay was because he got scared.

This may be the last time I go to a match in Greece for a long time. PAO fans started on the police initially for no reason, then our clowns got jealous and did the same. The police are also completely incompetent. No search before the game. No control. No brains (throwing tear gas IN the stadium). My father (who is an old school PAOK fan) was totally disappointed. So am I but at least I got to cross 'going to a final with dad' off the bucket list.

• Like it 1