Phantis Forums

2022-2023 Pre Season Training News and Games

Dutch Eagle

Just a trip to Greece last summer. With a layover in the UK that was the cause of much consternation.

I like how the sites get really excited about the team going to Holland. Like, why? We didn't win anything by choosing that country. We literally just held out some money and the businesses that are there said, "oh thank you, I will take this money and provide the service I normally do."

• Like it 1

• 1 month later...

The lads will gather June 21st. From June 27th till July 11th they will be overhere. First match ECL Q2 is on July 21st. Might be on or two days sooner as O Aris starts in the same round too and if we draw the same home-away dates. UEFA might change the date of reverse one of the matches.

• Like it 1

Allegedly three of our four preseason opponents are FC Groningen, AZ Alkmaar, and Standard Liege. Pretty good competition so far.

Also allegedly: the plan is for most of the new additions to the roster to be available before the team leaves Greece. This has been the plan for many season in the past though, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far these games and kick-offs are confirmed:

29-6 Go Ahead Eagles 20.00 EEST at SV Terwolde (Terwolde)

2/7 FC Groningen 16.30 EEST at WWNA (Wenum-Wiesel)

6/7 AZ 19.00 EEST at SV Wissel (Epe)

Standard Liège ??

We will face Standard on July 9th. No kick-off time confirmed yet.

The same day we will face second tier Top Oss (once again). Kick off 12:00 EEST. Probably a game for the soon to be non-starters. 

Sounds like Lamprou (who I completely forgot was still our player) will be joining the team for preseason. I would assume at this point that he's a known quantity and won't take one of those remaining slots. Guess we'll see.

Kotarski may be joining in the Netherlands, as he was recently playing with his (youth) NT. I'm not sure how the medicals/signings will work there (if he'll show up in Greece at all).

Zivkovic, Kurtic, Mihaj, and Lyratzis received extra vacation days since they played with various national teams and will not join the team tomorrow for the first practice session. Missing will also be Koutsias, who will join the national team for the Mediterranean games in Algeria.

Youngsters showing up at yesterday's practice were:

Tsioptsis, Balomenos, Marovic (all keepers), Zilo, Koulierakis, Panagiotou, Tsaousis, Tzimas, Konstantelias.

Missing from yesterday's practice was Jaba who asked for an extra week vacation. Rumors are that he is looking for a team in Brazil. I'd say let's close the Jaba chapter and tell him not to even bother returning to Thessaloniki at all.

Novasports has acquired the TV rights for our friendlies, though I'm not sure how that works with the last game being "behind closed doors." I am hoping international PAOK TV viewers will still get to stream these.

I should also mention - because I don't think we've talked about it yet - Lamprou is attending the preseason training at the moment. I wonder if Lucescu will give him another shot. He certainly had better stats for OFI last year than he did us (31 games, 5 goals, 2 assists, about 2100 minutes played). Personally, if we got rid of Murg I would be fine with him as a rotation option.

Here are the players heading to the Netherlands (so far). Murg has a week off for personal reasons (probably the same reason Jaba is off). Kotarski hasn't been announced yet and so wasn't named in the list, but obviously he'll be there too.

Ζίβκοβιτς, Ταλιχμανίδης , Μπαλωμένος, Μάροβιτς, Σάστρε  Λύρατζης, Τζίμας, Ίνγκασον , Μιχαηλίδης, Παναγιώτου, Κάργας, Κουλιεράκης, Βιεϊρίνια, Ράφα Σοάρες, Τσαούσης, Τσιγγάρας , Σβαμπ, Φιλίπε Σοάρες, Ντόουγκλας, Ντάντας, Ελ Καντουρί , Α.Ζίβκοβιτς, Κωνσταντέλιας, Κουαλιάτα, Λάμπρου, Τσόλακ, Ολιβέιρα

Edited by pash

First training sessions in Appeldorn today. Andrija Zivkovic did not travel to Holland as he came down with a fever. The fear was that he had COVID, but tests were negative. He will join the team in the next few days.

Lucescu has decided in advance that he will sub out everyone at half time and that this squad will play:

Ταλιχμανίδη, Τσαούση, Κουλιεράκη, Λύρατζη, Τσιγγάρα, Σβαμπ, Ελ Καντουρί, Ρικάντο, Κωνσταντέλια και Τσόλακ.