Phantis Forums

ECL-QF-L2: PAOK - Olympique Marseille (14-04-22, 22:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg  VS OlimpiqueMarseille.jpg.0542f980d6883812bafb46a7a20a8d9c.jpg

MATCHUP:               PAOK Thessaloniki FC – Olympique Marseille
COMPETITION:      Europa Conference League – Quartefinal – Leg 2
DATE:                      14-April-2022
TIME:                      22:00 EET (19:00 UTC, 14:00 CDT, 05:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Thessaloniki – Toumba Stadium Stadium (28,708)
REFEREES:               Danny Makkelie - Hessel Steegstra, Jan de Vries  (Holland)
TELEVISION:         COSMOTE Sport (Greece), Cytavision Sports (Cyprus), Stan Sports (Australia), Paramount+, TUDN.com (USA)

PAOK’s History against teams from France in European Competitions

2021-2022:  Olympique Mareille – PAOK FC  2:1 – (48. El Kaddouri) - Att: 45,182 – Europa Conference League – Quarterfinal – Leg 1

2014-2015:  PAOK FC – EA Guingamp  1:2 – (22. Athanasiadis) - Att: 12,101 – Europa League (Group Stage – Round 6)
2014-2015:  EA Guingamp – PAOK FC  2:0 – Att: 8,783 – Europa League (Group Stage – Round 2)

2005-2006:  PAOK FC – Stade Rennais FC  5:1 – (3. Own goal, 37. Christodoulopoulos, 79. Giasemis, 82. Salpiggidis, 89. Giasemis) – Att: 1,012 – UEFA Cup (Group Stage – Round 4)

1992-1993:  PAOK FC – Paris Saint-Germain  0:3ff – Att: 26,500 – UEFA Cup (Round 1 – Leg 2)
Paris St. Germain wonthe game 3:0 on forfeit after the game at Toumba was abandoned in the 45th minute when PAOK fans stormed the field.  The score at that time was 2:0 for PSG. As a result, UEFA banned PAOK for 2 years from any European competition that the team would qualify for.
1992-1993:  Paris Saint-Germain – PAOK FC  2:0 – Att: 17,000 – UEFA Cup (Round 1 – Leg 1))

1982-1983:  FC Sochaux Montbeliard – PAOK FC  2:1 aet – (95. C. Dimopoulos) – Att: 17,000 – UEFA Cup (Round 1 – Leg 2)
1982-1983:  PAOK FC – FC Sochaux Montbeliard  1:0 – (78. C. Dimopoulos) - Att: 30,000 – UEFA Cup (Round 1 – Leg 1)

1973-1974:  PAOK FC – Olympique Lyon  4:0 – (25. Paridis, 61. Paridis, 37. Alsanidis (p), 80. Sarafis) - Att: 30,416 – Cup Winners Cup (Round 2 – Leg 2)
1973-1974:  Olympique Lyon– PAOK FC   3:3 – (44. Aslanidis, 50. Terzanidis, 81. Sarafis) – Att: 26,500 – Cup Winners Cup (Round 2 – Leg 1)

GAMES:  10   WINS:  3   TIES:  1   LOSSES:  6

• Thanks 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to ECL-Qf-L2: PAOK - Olympique Marseille (14-04-22, 22:00 EEST)

Agreed. This is gonna be a wild game. A friend of mine decided to watch the last one (he knows about PAOK) and he went from not giving a damn to salivating at the thought of the return leg. Slowly I convert the xenoi

-edit- he knows *nothing* about PAOK, I meant to say

Edited by pash
  • Like it 1

Counting down the days for the match of the year! 

Season ticket holders get in for free & the remainder of tickets go on sale on Monday at 9am

With regards to milik, i reckon hell play... one report says hes out the other says hes in. Anyone have any solid info? 

Edited by PAOKSYD
  • Like it 1

We have as great an opportunity as we could have imagined in terms of making a European Semi Final. That said, this teams back ups are worth much more than our starters. This is not a done deal, and we are down a goal. That being said, it is time to fill TOUMBA UP TO THE BRIM AND MAKE THESE COCKY FRENCHMAN PAY FOR THURSDAY. Yes we have played against the likes of Dortmund and Tottenham in Europe before, and beating Benfica last year in the Champions League Qualifying stages was great too, but I do feel that this second leg is the biggest game in the history of PAOK. Yes, it is quite literally a third rate European competition, but in terms of the funds, coefficient points, opponent, and notoriety that this competition and subsequently our campaign has given us, this is our biggest game to date. The chance to single handidly lift Greek football out of the dark ages is upon us. PAME PAOKARA!!!

• Like it 1

I still think Marseille is the favorite to advance. It will take a major effort by PAOK to win and qualify. The ideal situation would be a repeat of the Midjylland home game where we scored 2 goals in the first 25 minutes of the game. The only problem is that the Frenchmen are much better team than the Danes.

There will be no French supporters at the game. I think that is a real shame for the genuine fans that want to travel and see their team. Once again the minority spoils it for the majority. The battle of the stands should be fought with voices and songs only. It's ok to give it back and forth and have some banter during the game. A line is crossed when you start throwing batteries, coins and flares at other people.

Οι πουρκουάδες μας έρχονται με απουσίες. Με μια γεμάτη Τούμπα είναι μεγάλη ευκαιρία να περάσουμε στα ημιτελικά. ΠΑΙΞΤΕ ΜΠΑΛΑ ΡΕ ΚΟΠΡΟΣΚΥΛΑ ΚΑΙ ΠΑΡΤΕ ΤΗΝ ΠΡΟΚΡΙΣΗ! ΘΕΛΟΥΜΕ ΚΙ ΑΛΛΕΣ ΕΚΔΡΟΜΕΣ!

3 hours ago, Athens4 said:

There will be no French supporters at the game. I think that is a real shame for the genuine fans that want to travel and see their team. Once again the minority spoils it for the majority. The battle of the stands should be fought with voices and songs only. It's ok to give it back and forth and have some banter during the game. A line is crossed when you start throwing batteries, coins and flares at other people.

Οι πουρκουάδες μας έρχονται με απουσίες. Με μια γεμάτη Τούμπα είναι μεγάλη ευκαιρία να περάσουμε στα ημιτελικά. ΠΑΙΞΤΕ ΜΠΑΛΑ ΡΕ ΚΟΠΡΟΣΚΥΛΑ ΚΑΙ ΠΑΡΤΕ ΤΗΝ ΠΡΟΚΡΙΣΗ! ΘΕΛΟΥΜΕ ΚΙ ΑΛΛΕΣ ΕΚΔΡΟΜΕΣ!

this is why I love the german supporter groups. for 99% of them it's about football and their communities.

I'm just hope our fans don't do anything stupid, like throwing things at the Marseille players or storming the field post-game regardless of the result. UEFA has already warned this season and they will be on high alert given what happened in the 1st leg. Would be such a shame if we come up with a historic win and we have to play a European semi in front of no fans.

As for the playing aspect, I get the feeling we are going to need to score twice to get this to extra time. Keeping a clean-sheet against this Marseille team would be seriously impressive, I think they will find a way to score. So we'll need to be on offensively and bang in a couple.

Agree with what Blackhawk said, I want to see us come out and press, really try shake them up and grab an early goal in the first 15-20. 

I am sorry, I just do not see it. This reminds me of the 2018 games vs Benfica. We went to Portugal, got a big result. People were confident. Then we come out and lose 1-4 at home. 

I hope we come out and win, and would be ecstatic if we do. I just don't want to see fans thinking the world is falling should we get undressed.

The biggest question for me: does the team have confidence going into this? If they're feeling like their fans, this could be a fun game. If instead we totally misjudged them and they spend the whole game passing back to our GK, then this is going to be a brutal watch.

• Blackhawk changed the title to Ecl-Qf-L2: Paok - Olympique Marseille (14-04-22, 22:00 EEST)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to ECL-QF-L2: PAOK - Olympique Marseille (14-04-22, 22:00 EEST)

It is finally time to rid ourselves of the 'Toumpa demons'. Whatever happened with Ajax, Schalke and Krasnodar happened. Tonight we turn over a new leaf. If not for that, then do it at least for revenge for how we were treated last week.

ΠΑΜΕ ΠΑΟΚ!

• Like it 2