Phantis Forums

ECL-QF-L1: Olympique Marseille - PAOK (07-04-22, 22:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

OlimpiqueMarseille.jpg.0542f980d6883812bafb46a7a20a8d9c.jpg  VS  PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg

MATCHUP:             Olympique Marseille – PAOK Thessaloniki FC
COMPETITION:    Europa Conference League – Quartefinal – Leg 1
DATE:                    07-April-2022
TIME:                     22:00 EEST (19:00 UTC, 14:00 CDT, 05:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Marseille – Orange Velodrome (65,421)
REFEREES:              Szymon Marciniak - Pawel Sokolnicki, Tomasz Listkiewicz (Poland)
TELEVISION:         COSMOTE Sport (Greece), Cytavision Sports (Cyprus), Stan Sports (Australia), Paramount+, TUDN.com (USA)

PAOK’s History against teams from France in European Competitions

2014-2015:  PAOK FC – EA Guingamp  1:2 – (22. Athanasiadis) - Att: 12,101 – Europa League (Group Stage – Round 6)
2014-2015:  EA Guingamp – PAOK FC  2:0 – Att: 8,783 – Europa League (Group Stage – Round 2)

2005-2006:  PAOK FC – Stade Rennais FC  5:1 – (3. Own goal, 37. Christodoulopoulos, 79. Giasemis, 82. Salpiggidis, 89. Giasemis) – Att: 1,012 – UEFA Cup (Group Stage – Round 4)

1992-1993:  PAOK FC – Paris Saint-Germain  0:3ff – Att: 26,500 – UEFA Cup (Round 1 – Leg 2)
Paris St. Germain wonthe game 3:0 on forfeit after the game at Toumba was abandoned in the 45th minute when PAOK fans stormed the field.  The score at that time was 2:0 for PSG. As a result, UEFA banned PAOK for 2 years from any European competition that the team would qualify for.
1992-1993:  Paris Saint-Germain – PAOK FC  2:0 – Att: 17,000 – UEFA Cup (Round 1 – Leg 1))

1982-1983:  FC ochaux Montbeliard – PAOK FC  2:1 aet – (95. C. Dimopoulos) – Att: 17,000 – UEFA Cup (Round 1 – Leg 2)
1982-1983:  PAOK FC – FC Sochaux Montbeliard  1:0 – (78. C. Dimopoulos) - Att: 30,000 – UEFA Cup (Round 1 – Leg 1)

1973-1974:  PAOK FC – Olympique Lyon  4:0 – (25. Paridis, 61. Paridis, 37. Alsanidis (p), 80. Sarafis) - Att: 30,416 – Cup Winners Cup (Round 2 – Leg 2)
1973-1974:  Olympique Lyon– PAOK FC   3:3 – (44. Aslanidis, 50. Terzanidis, 81. Sarafis) – Att: 26,500 – Cup Winners Cup (Round 2 – Leg 1)

GAMES:  9   WINS:  3   TIES:  1   LOSSES:  5

1982-1983: PAOK – Sochaux:

1982-1983: PSG - PAOK:

1982-1983: PAOK - PSG:

2005-2006: PAOK – Stade Rennais:

2014-2015: EA Guingamp – PAOK:

• Like it 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to ECL-QF-L1: Olympique Marseille - PAOK (07-04-22, 22:00 EEST)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to Ecl-Qf-L1: Olympique Marseille - Paok (07-04-22, 22:00 EEST)

What a great away day that was in Guingamp. We played terrible (no surprises there) and deserved to lose but it was a fantastic singing battle with their supporters.

Hopefully the players just enjoy this one and turn up.

• Like it 1

• Blackhawk changed the title to Ecl-Qf-L1: Olympique Marseille - Paok (07-04-22, 22:00 EEST)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to ECL-QF-L1: Olympique Marseille - PAOK (07-04-22, 22:00 EEST)

Looks like Mitrita has recovered from COVID and should be included as part of the squad. Don't think he'll start, the 11 picks itself in Europe I don't expect any surprises. The only position where there maybe a change is left-back with Sidcley for Vieirinha. 

As for the game itself, it will be tough no doubt. As per the game with Gent and perhaps more importantly in this match, if we can bring the tie back to Toumba without trailing we will be in a good spot to give qualifying a good shake. 

Marseille strikes me as a confidence team if they get into a groove early with their fans up and going plus some of their quality they can score quite freely. If we frustrate them early, their fans may become restless get on their back and we can hopefully take advantage.

They have quite a volatile fan-base so they are either in full voice or baying for blood there's no in-between. Something we are somewhat familiar with 😂

17 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Marseille strikes me as a confidence team if they get into a groove early with their fans up and going plus some of their quality they can score quite freely. If we frustrate them early, their fans may become restless get on their back and we can hopefully take advantage.

I agree. We will need to stop them from getting into their rhythm. We will need to be good defensively, including our midfield. I would not start Biseswar and Vieirinha. Keep them on the bench and throw them in the end if we need to catch up with Marseille.

My lineup for tomorrow:

------------- Paschalakis -----------
Lyratzis - Ingason - Crespo - Sidcley
--- Kurtic -------------- Tsiggaras --
Zivkovic --- Augusto --- El Kaddouri
------------ Akpom -----------------

• Like it 1

That is a lively group. I am not so sure Lucescu won't start Vieirinha or Biseswar, but I'd go with yours. Throw on Schwab in the second half once our midfielders tire to help wear Marseille down. I hope Zivkovic has a field day tomorrow.

I've informed my boss that I'll be unavailable for the last two hours of the work day. Gonna be slathered in juices from a gyro as I stay glued to this game.

I am 100% certain Lucescu will start Vieirinha and Biseswar. As for Zivkovic he owes us one good game. He has been quite poor lately. Hopefully he will have a good one tomorrow.

On the good side, Marseille will be missing their top scorer Milik, so that will be one less headache for our defensemen.

I think there might be a little more than 3k. The French said that any PAOK fan with a ticket in other areas will be moved to the away section. Setting off for the airport now!

ΧΙΛΙΟΜΕΤΡΑ ΚΑΝΑΜΕ ΠΑΛΙ
ΓΙΑ ΤΗ ΜΑΣΤΟΥΡΑ ΜΑΣ ΤΗΝ ΠΙΟ ΜΕΓΑΛΗ
ΠΑΟΚ ΕΚΔΡΟΜΕΣ ΝΑΡΚΩΤΙΚΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑ
ΕΤΣΙ ΜΑΘΑΜΕ ΑΠΟ ΠΑΙΔΙΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑΑ
ΔΙΚΕΦΑΛΕ ΜΟΝΟ ΓΙΑ ΣΕΝΑ
ΝΙΩΘΩ ΤΗ ΖΩΗ ΜΟΥ ΣΤΑ ΧΑΜΕΝΑ
ΠΑΟΚ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕΟ
ΟΠΟΥ ΚΑΙ ΝΑ ΠΑΙΖΕΙΣ ΘΑ Σ'ΤΟ ΛΕΩ
ΠΑΟΚ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕΟ
ΓΙΑ ΣΕΝΑ ΘΑ ΤΑ ΣΠΑΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑ ΚΑΙΩ
(ΠΑΜΕΕΕΕΕΕΕΕΕ!)
ΧΙΛΙΟΜΕΤΡΑ ΚΑΝΑΜΕ ΠΑΛΙ
ΔΙΚΕΦΑΛΕ ΜΟΝΟ ΓΙΑ ΣΕΝΑ
ΠΑΟΚ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕΟ
ΠΑΟΚ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕΟ
(ΧΕΡΙΑ ΜΟΝΟΟΟΟΟ!)
ΧΙΛΙΟΜΕΤΡΑ ΚΑΝΑΜΕ ΠΑΛΙ
ΔΙΚΕΦΑΛΕ ΜΟΝΟ ΓΙΑ ΣΕΝΑ
ΠΑΟΚ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕΟ
ΠΑΟΚ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕ ΟΛΕΟ

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, pash said:

Nothing less impressive than a Frenchie who's trying to fight

Apparently a lot of AEK fans travelled to Marseille to help their French brothers in the fighting activities.

Around 3,300 PAOK with officially obtained tickets are expected at the game. There will probably more PAOK fans that obtained tickets through other means.

As expected Vieirinha and Biseswar starting.

Here is the starting lineup:

------------- Paschalakis -------------
Lyratzis - Ingason - Crespo - Vieirinha
--- Kurtic -------------- Tsiggaras ---
Zivkovic ----- Augusto ---- Biseswar
------------- Akpom -----------------

6 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

I'm working at the office today in the center of Rotterdam. The fuzz before the Feyenoord-Slavia game here must be like that in Marseille today and Thessaloniki next week. Wish I were there.

I am watching the Feyenoord - Slavia game. It's 1:1 in the 60th minute. That Feyenoord team is nothing special. I think Slavia will come out of this game with a positive result. I think I would prefer Feyenoord in the semifinals.

Our Lineup:

Πασχαλάκης, Βιεϊρίνια, Κρέσπο, Ίνγκασον, Τσιγγάρας, Κούρτιτς, Ντούγκλας, Μπίσεσβαρ, Αντρίγια Ζίβκοβιτς και Άκπομ