Phantis Forums

Friendly: Romania-Greece (25 Mar. 2022, Stadionul Steaua, Bucharest)

Omonoia9

15 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Tell me you guys noticed the minute Bakasetas came on our offence went to s%$#!, no flow and sloppy passes.

Definitely got sloppy. My only critique is he didn’t bring on Alexandropoulos. Hopefully next game Mantalos doesn’t see the pitch.

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, Ellada2004 said:

Definitely got sloppy. My only critique is he didn’t bring on Alexandropoulos. Hopefully next game Mantalos doesn’t see the pitch.

Yes he did

We looked good in the first half. Rota is better going forward than defending. Needed to play Alexandropoulos at least  in the beginning of the 2nd half. The guy has it all. As soon as Bakasetas came on in the 2nd half our attack became worse. The guy just doesn’t cut it. Pelkas did ok should’ve made better decisions in attack but he and Mantalos are much better than Bakasetas. I don’t know why he put Douvikas on the RW he doesn’t play there. 

I think once Manolas comes back, Tzavellas should be out of the team. Fortounis has been playing for Olympiakos B and is slowly coming back. Once he comes back Bakasetas should be out of the team aswell. 

Team did well, especially 1st half and it’s only our 2nd clean sheet in the last 10 matches.

I was impressed with Siopis. He’s in good form. Pelkas, Limnios were pretty good.

Unlucky for Giakoumakis to be given offside. Probably could have given him the benefit of the doubt in the absence of VAR.

• Like it 2

I was happy with Siopis performance this game, I just wish he had more long accurate passes in his game and vision as he would be a solid defensive midfielder for us. He’s a pitbull so he will keep bugging and pressing the opposition. Like the commentator said you need a midfielder like Siopis in your team. 

• Like it 1

Personally, I feel like we played like dogsh*t the entire game. We were lucky to have won. I still don’t care for mantalos and Bouchalakis those two couldn’t complete a pass to save their life (particularly Bouchalakis). 

I have a hard time taking anything positive from this game other than getting the W.

2 hours ago, Bardouuu said:

Personally, I feel like we played like dogsh*t the entire game. We were lucky to have won. I still don’t care for mantalos and Bouchalakis those two couldn’t complete a pass to save their life (particularly Bouchalakis). 

I have a hard time taking anything positive from this game other than getting the W.

Interesting take but I’ve seen us play worse. It wasn’t the best game either. What this game proved again is what a bad influence Bakasetas is to the team. When he came on we looked worse in attack. He was not involved either and when he was he ruined some opportunities. I don’t think he is a bad person but as a player he doesn’t cut it for Greece.

Without him I think we look like a better team. If we add Manolas, Fortounis and Galanopoulos to the mix with who played today like Mavropanos, Tsimikas, Alexandropoulos and Giakoumakis then we are on the right foot. Players like Bouchalakis, Mantalos, Pelkas and Hatzidiakos have a place in this team but I wouldn’t start them over the others I mentioned. 

• Like it 1

I am not sure Manolas will come back to the NT....not because he won't be called but because he might not want to without Sokratis and Siovas....imo neither should be considered anymore for call ups due to age and the better options available.

Hatzidiakos and Mavropanos should be the starting CB pairing. Siopis or Zeca (if he is still an option after his injury) have to play in front of Rota if he starts, to help him defensively....Idk if he will be any better than Bakakis in the long run and we should be looking at other options. I would add Kargas and Saliakas form PAS into the mix instead of Siovas and Sokratis if you're looking for more defenders.

Giakoumakis should be first choice striker so long as he keeps on performing with his club....he seems the real deal and a very savvy and versatile attacker with good timing and positional play. Pavlidis does a lot of the dirty work up front and doesn't really score very often for the NT but he is did score 17 goals so far this year for his club which is not too shabby...just hope he can bring that form to the NT on a consistent basis.

Alexandropoulos is an up and comer but not quite there yet as you can see with some of his mistakes....he can actually become the box to box CM we have been lacking, just needs some time as he is 20yrs old and that position has a bit of a learning curve.

Pelkas was quite active and left a good impression as did Limnios but their play lacks substance imo. As for Fortounis I wouldn't hold my breath....he always had the talent but no determination to go along with that and has been the biggest let down of all the players over the the last few years. Even if he fully recovers from his injury he never delivered in the big games so I doubt it will make a difference one way or the other.

Galanopoulos, while I like the kid, he seems to be made of glass and is always injured so you can't really count on him.

As for the game we had a good 1st half and in the 2nd half basically sat back and tried to counter which is always a bad idea imo....at least we got the win which for sure is the most important thing right now. The fact that Bakasetas didn't automatically start is another positive....I really don't mind him being on the team as long as the coach can see his limitations and can use him according to his strengths (slowing down the game, drawing fouls, passing the ball out to touch, killing pigeons in mid air with his shots, etc)

• Like it 1

10 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Interesting take but I’ve seen us play worse. It wasn’t the best game either. What this game proved again is what a bad influence Bakasetas is to the team. When he came on we looked worse in attack. He was not involved either and when he was he ruined some opportunities. I don’t think he is a bad person but as a player he doesn’t cut it for Greece.

Without him I think we look like a better team. If we add Manolas, Fortounis and Galanopoulos to the mix with who played today like Mavropanos, Tsimikas, Alexandropoulos and Giakoumakis then we are on the right foot. Players like Bouchalakis, Mantalos, Pelkas and Hatzidiakos have a place in this team but I wouldn’t start them over the others I mentioned. 

Our first half was very good and we could have been up 2 nil and in the end Greece got the win and kept a clean sheet which is great. Performance could have been better in the 2nd half but as Dean said when Bakasetas came on he hurt us with some poor passes and decision making. He warrants a call up based on his current club play but if he is to be a key part of our Euro qualification he has to perform much better as we can use Fortounis who is hands down a much better #10 or Alexandropoulos. I have confidence that Poyet will not build the team around Bakasetas unlike his predecessor if he keeps having these kinds off performances for the NT,

Everything has pretty much been summed up but just wanted to say, Mantalos did play well so not sure why people wouldn't want him there if you don't want Bakasetas.

For me Limnios was disappointing, got out marked quite easily, Pelkas was active and at least got himself in better positions but his finishing and final pass were always terrible, that needs to improve.

Giakoumakis easily number 1 up top

• Like it 1

12 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Our first half was very good and we could have been up 2 nil and in the end Greece got the win and kept a clean sheet which is great. Performance could have been better in the 2nd half but as Dean said when Bakasetas came on he hurt us with some poor passes and decision making. He warrants a call up based on his current club play but if he is to be a key part of our Euro qualification he has to perform much better as we can use Fortounis who is hands down a much better #10 or Alexandropoulos. I have confidence that Poyet will not build the team around Bakasetas unlike his predecessor if he keeps having these kinds off performances for the NT,

How is it that Baka.sek.as.gr pays like a ball-tearer for his club but chews like a cow for the Ethniki? He hasn't been given quality service to do something perhaps because it make no sense, unless blue and white aren't his colours or he isn't following through with packing his favourite socks for gameday or something. Then there is an even bigger problem 

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

• Lazarus changed the title to Friendly: Romania-Greece (25 Mar. 2022, Stadionul Steaua, Bucharest)