Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2022

pash

The Narey saga may finally be drawing to a close, as "predictions" abound as to his possible arrival at 11am tomorrow.

No ETA on Soteldo, though. I wonder if PAOKSYD likes this player??

5 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

If you believe the bullshit stories that come out of the sports press of the xwrio that is thessaloniki then i dont know what to say. 

But if someone actually added up how much money was apparently pumoed into the club by Savvids in those articles it would probably add up to 300m euros. 

Brandon Thomas signed a 1 year contract this guy probably was on 200k euros in Spain dont tell me we lose 10m euros a year its all white lies. 

Here's a tip - how about you do the work.  Go and find out the truth whatever that is.  Until told otherwise with credible evidence - not just kafeneio experts and guesses I'll stick with what's been reported.

2 hours ago, pash said:

The Narey saga may finally be drawing to a close, as "predictions" abound as to his possible arrival at 11am tomorrow.

No ETA on Soteldo, though. I wonder if PAOKSYD likes this player??

His stats were quite good last season.  It's "only" the 2nd division in Germany but that is probably better than 80% of the Greek league.

Mak did all right by us, and he also came from the 2nd division! It seems the player is eager to join us so who knows, maybe it'll work out. He's not particularly expensive from what I see, so this isn't a tremendous risk IMO

I miss the days of Mak on the right and Rodrigues on the left.  Mak in some european games where teams don't just sit back scored some rippers.  Thinking of Dortmand and Brondbe.  I'd be happy if Narey is as good.

9 hours ago, Bananas said:

His stats were quite good last season.  It's "only" the 2nd division in Germany but that is probably better than 80% of the Greek league.

Having lived in Germany, I can confirm that the German 2nd division is not good at all. 

Gaitanidis' contract expired and he appears to be heading to Slovakia as a free agent. A shame, I thought he looked great during that one preseason we had him. Seems to have lost his mojo after those injuries.

• Like it 1

The signings made two seasons ago, last season and this season are all a joke! 

We havent made any decent singnings in 6 transfer periods! 

We keep blaming coaches and the city we are from, we blame journalists, we blame marinakis, we blame novasports but the fish stinks from the head. 

Time for Savidis to move on. 

Thank you for an amazing 10 years but your lack of interest since the gun incident and the lack of investment is not fair on the club.

12 hours ago, Athens4 said:

I know you shouldn't judge after just one game, but Brandon Tomas could barely move.

Well we plucked him straight from the sunny beaches where he was vacationing. Desperation move after we lost our two starting forwards. He should have never started in the game after only practicing with the team for couple days. Same goes for Narey.

Yeah and he only had one and a half day practice with the team. Konstantelias was the only other player that created something in the few minutes that he played.

The other problem with Lucesco is that he is playing players out of their positions. Qiagliata is a "dekari" and he wastes him on the wing. Instead he plays Dantas as dekari, even though he is a midfielder.

AEK supposedly signed quality players last season also and didn't make Europe so I'll wait to see on that one.  Aris too early to call.  In fact, everything is too early to call.  The only thing we can say with certainty is once again we were not prepared properly for our UEFA qualifiers.  One day (and it could even be this year) all of the Greek teams will fail to qualify for the group stages and then EPO might wake up to themselves.

As for our transfers, none of them excite me but it is what it is.  I don't think anyone on this forum is impressed by them.  You keep flogging a dead horse.  But your solution ... for Savvidis to leave is just plain bizarre.  That's what I would want if I wanted to ruin PAOK.  Give me a list of billionaires ready to part with their money that are willing to buy and fund PAOK and I am happy to contact them.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 3