Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2022

pash

The Kargas contract is supposedly for 3+1 years. He should be signing any minute now, and attending the afternoon training (which I believe begins in two hours). How's that for some around-the-world accuracy?

• Like it 1

I would agree. I remember people being excited about him. He's 25 so just barely squeezes in under Boto's "young enough to make a name for himself" philosophy.

The thing is, isn't he a CF (and not a winger)?

Kotarski's deal appears to be for about 2mm (paid to his current club), according to some Italians. Plus some sort of bonus potential. Haven't seen anything yet about the length of his contract or his renumeration.

4+1 for Kotarski. Signing should be announced any minute.

Kargas cost the team 250K.

Donis is an interesting case. Under normal circumstances no Donis of any kind should be linked to PAOK again. However, he is represented by Rogon (Koutsiolakos). The same firm represents Tsolak, Murg and Pelkas. This whole thing smells of a deal that involves all those players. Donis is probably thrown in as part of the overall deal.

One of the fan sites was quoting a Turkish site last night saying the Turks were trying to swap Colak for Pelkas. As far as "the internet" says, though, Pelkas wanted to stay abroad (can't say I blame him)? I don't get why we would play ball with this agent against our will, though. Got to be something in it for us.

He'd definitely be a better winger OR attacking midfielder than anyone else we'd get, I would say.

Biseswar apparently is signing for one more year, with the intention (as quoted by the websites) being to keep him as an off the bench option. I very much doubt that is correct - Lucescu will start him until forced not to.

Kotarski officially announced! Hoping the kid comes in and makes the position his own. Paschalakis for all he achieved and his spectacular matches, always had errors in him and was never the solid number one we needed. Let's see how Kotarski goes, remebering he is only 22 but the fans in Greece are fickle and a mistake or two and they'll be all over him. Best of luck to the lad.

Edited by paokarag4
  • Like it 1

Good vid too. They're killing it with these announcements.

I think Kotarski is supposed to be a five year contract btw. They must really like him.

-edit- I was wrong, it's a four-year contract

Edited by pash

Allegedly Boto and Lucescu have decided to keep Colak. Rangers kept low balling the team. Personally, I am fine with staying with Oliveira and Colak for this season. Gives Koutsias a slightly increased chance at making the leap as well.

So I was looking at the players that were brought to preseason, and was thinking it's kind of odd that we have so many attacking midfielders. So I put together a quick squad list, operating under the assumption that everyone we signed this year will stay. And by sheer coincidence, I came up with 28 players (Lucescu's magic number). Assuming we make it to the group stage (and the rumors of us increasing the squad size are true), then it seems we truly are nearly fully stacked here. If Balde comes, it'll be because Colak leaves...and of course we're still looking for that starter-caliber winger. Am I missing anyone? Perhaps Panagiotou or Tsaousis make the team as well?

3     GK     Z Zivkovic     Kotarski     Talichmanidis   

5     CB     Ingason     Michailidis     Nasberg     Kargas     Koulierakis 

4     FB     R Soares     Lyratzis     Sastre     Vieirinha  

2     DM     Tsiggaras     Kurtic    

3     CM     Augusto     Schwab     Dantas   

6     AM     F Soares     Biseswar     Ricardo     El Kaddouri     Konstantelias     Quagliata

2     W     Lamprou     A Zivkovic    

3     ST     Colak     Oliveira     Koutsias   

28   total (9 Greek)

Out: Mihaj (rumored sale)     Taylor     Ninua     Murg     Jaba

B team?: Balomenos (GK), Panagiotou (CB), Tsaousis (LB)

Incidentally, transfermarkt updated at some point with Vrakas returning from loan and going to the B team. I remember Blackhawk wondering what the point of the B team was if we were just going to ship him out - I guess the team agreed after all.

Even when we had wingers last year, we still played Biseswar there. I have a feeling Lucescu sees this as a feature, not a bug.

El Kaddouri will be injured any day now so at least that'll open up some space!

Seems like the Colak sale is indeed going through. Rangers will pay 2.5 million plus 500k in potential bonuses, so we are roughly making our money back on him. Since the club has known Colak was likely to be sold, apparently they've been working on his replacement so we shouldn't have to wait too long.