Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2022

pash

Balde allegedly has a clause in his contract that renders him a free agent upon relegation, but who knows how anyone would know that for sure. Unless contracts are really easy to steal these days.

On a similar note (and I will note that this is the same team that just said they are financially secure enough that they do not need to sell anyone even if they're sitting in the second division):

https://inpaok.com/733237/zitise-na-fygei-o-narei/

No need for Berbatov style signings but bringing in llayers like Marco Rente & Andre Ricardo seem like wish wash signings. Hope I am wrong but I dont feel confident about the squad that is being put together so far

Nasberg might be arriving before the start of training camp after all, as it seems he won't be attending their next matches. I wonder if we paid extra to get him before 8/31.

-edit- and immediately after I post that, contradictory reports come out about the team dragging their feet. Oh well!

Edited by pash

Kotarski seems to be sold to the team he was loaned to, who then sold on to us? Not sure why this is happening, unless they have a buy-out and knew we would pay slightly more. In which case it was a clever arbitrage on their side.

This may also be nonsense but I guess we'll see: https://inpaok.com/733562/thelei-aougkousto-i-fenerbachtse/

If we're buying 30 year olds, then we're failing at our supposed new strategy. Either Boto is as good as his reputation suggests and we're setting ourselves up for the future, or he isn't and he'll be fired.

Anyway, our new guy has scored in what is hopefully his last game with his current team:

On 6/18/2022 at 3:56 AM, pash said:

Kotarski seems to be sold to the team he was loaned to, who then sold on to us? Not sure why this is happening, unless they have a buy-out and knew we would pay slightly more. In which case it was a clever arbitrage on their side.

It may have been one of those loan clauses where if he plays a certain number of games then the loaning club is required to sign him.

• Like it 1

Schwab is in Thessaloniki and is negotiating his future with PAOK. PAOK has offered him 1+1 contract with a clause that the 2nd year of his contract will be automatically extended if he plays at least 30 minutes in the 70% of the teams official games. Schwab is demanding 2-year contract without any clauses.

Apparently we are paying PAS Giannina 300K for the player.  Not a bad signing to have as a back up until Michailidis returns from his injury. Still think that we need a top class CB to go with Ingason though.

300k is chump change for a decent backup. Hopefully he surprises me and outcompetes some other players.

I will say that I also prefer signing Greeks over no-name foreigners, so I guess there's that.

-edit- here's a highlight vid of Kargas:

Edited by pash

21 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

Rangers put in a bid for Colak but was denied

Can understand the tactics. Colak demolished Rangers almost on his own in the CL qualifiers last season. Must squeeze some millions more.

It looks like Schwab has re-signed, for two years. Earlier posts online were claiming that in order to secure the two year contract, he agreed to lower his wage demands (which I would note are not that high to begin with, considering who he replaced). Some much-needed stability going into the new-look PAOK, in my opinion.

Schwab signing is good news, as long as he is not paired with Kurtic and does not play 60 game per season.

Kargas is closed and was told to show up for practice on Friday. Dantas loan is also done deal and is travelling to Thessaloniki tomorrow.  I have a feeling these two will be officially announced tomorrow or Friday. Also, Kotarski is supposedly to sign with PAOK on Friday. We are also apparently close to signing Khaled Narey.

On 6/22/2022 at 2:35 AM, pash said:

Might be contingent on Augusto being sold? We have a ton of midfielders now ...

You would think someone will move on from the midfield with Augusto on paper seeming the most likely. Coming off a good season and entering the final season of his contract. 

As it stands we have 6 midfielders for 2 positions: Kurtic, Augusto, Tsingaras, Schwab, F.Soares and soon to be Dantas. That's not counting El Kaddouri and Quagliata who are attacking mids, so something has to give you would think. 

• Like it 1

And Ricardo, if Lucescu keeps him. It would be just like us to crash and burn out of the qualifiers and be saddled with 35 players for this season.

Which we all know will result in another championship!