Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2022

pash

Pretty happy about the Sastre buy. Cheap and seems good. Will be good competition for Lyratzis. Wondering what that means for Taylor, however.

Did Crespo pack all his belongings, or did he just go on vacation? Still, I am very pro him not accepting any new offers. He might be good enough for the Greek league, but so is Mihaj. Invest in youth, dammit!

Paschalakis I was surprised he is leaving as his form has really improved and he is "good enough" right now unless we can't find better which is easier said than done.  I didn't realise the club had made him an offer that offended his ego.  Surely he wasn't asking 1 million ?  Even on his current contract - I think it's 600K or so - he is very well paid.  I would offer him half that.

Varela not much to say.  It's time to go.

Schwab - I hope he stays.

Crespo - I hope he stays.  Crespo is much better than Mihaj.  If Mihaj want to take the spot than my advice is play better.

Vieirinha, Biseswar - I hope they stay.  They still have much to offer if used correctly.

Sidclay, Akpom - nothing special really.  Very replaceable.

Mitrita - when he's on he's on.  But he's not always on and his wages are over 1 million in the US.  I guess he won't be staying.

Sastre - dunno.  He seems like 1/4 of a Matos.

The team needs to balance usefulness with wages. Mitrita at $1mm is definitely not worth it. He probably is used to all that sweet Saudi money at this point, sad to say.

I def don't think Akpom is worth buying based on this season - even if his wage is fine, 3 million is a LOT for someone with his proven level of output (which is to say, low level of output). Colak offers most of what he can do physically, and seems to be better as a target man. I think Colak + Oliveira is enough.

Even though the team is apparently going for youth, I hope they get a REAL Biseswar replacement. Too many player names bandied about that are box-to-box midfielders without any particular skill as a playmaker. El Kaddouri can't do it. Soares can't do it. That Uruguayan kid's highlights also show basically no playmaking ability. Very worried about that position.

In the Paschalakis case I think the main stumbling block was that Paschalakis wanted to remain the main goalie on the team, something that the team was not willing to accept. That was apparently reflected in the offer they made him in January, which he declined.

8 hours ago, pash said:

Even though the team is apparently going for youth, I hope they get a REAL Biseswar replacement. Too many player names bandied about that are box-to-box midfielders without any particular skill as a playmaker. El Kaddouri can't do it. Soares can't do it. That Uruguayan kid's highlights also show basically no playmaking ability. Very worried about that position.

Yes I'm worried about this position too.  Too many players described as a "number 10" but they are anything but.  This is why I am loathe to get rid of Biseswar (and Crespo for that matter).  It's not that they shouldn't be replaced - yes they are too old and can't keep up anymore.  It's can we replace them ?  We're not exactly the most attractive club in the world.  So until we do find adequate replacements, I'd like to hang on to them ... just in case.

Looks like Kotarski, the Ajax goalie who is on loan to Gorica will be one of the replacements for Paschalakis. His contract runs until 2023, so we will have to purchase him (between 1.5 - 2 mil).  

So far from what I've seen I love this pick up. I've watched a few highlight videos (which you can never be too sure of), but there are a few things that stand out :

- His ball control. He doesn't give up big rebounds. Unlike Paschalakis, he tries to catch the ball when diving for a save first, then if not possible he parries it away in a non dangerous area. Too many times Paschalakis got caught making a good save then giving up a rebound in a dangerous area.

- His reflexes seem just as good as Paschalakis. A couple times he made good 1v1 saves.

- His positioning to make said saves are fantastic. 

One negative is that he is only 6'1. A tend to prefer taller GK's who are at least 6'3.

8 hours ago, PaokCT said:

One negative is that he is only 6'1. A tend to prefer taller GK's who are at least 6'3.

But the biggest negative is he is from 020. I don't want this "Evreo" playing for my PAOK! 

Various news, rumors, fake news and wishful thinking by the always trustworthy Greek media:

- Quagliata, Nasberg and Kotarski are 99% signed and will be announced soon

- looking for no. 2 keeper that will replace Z. Zivkovic

- looking for acquisitions on left back, left wing, and a dekari

- still pursuing Limnios although Panathinaikos is also interested (could be manager's tricks)

- chances of Crespo and Schwab to remain on the team is 50/50

- Biseswar, Sidcley, Mitrita, Akpom are history

- will try to unload Taylor, Murg, Jaba through sale or contract termination

- will consider sale of Augusto and Mihaj if the price is right

Crespo and Vieirinha I can understand as they are useful for the dressing room and can also be used for easier games where starters are rested. Schwab and Biseswar, no. It's time to end this obsession (especially with Biseswar) and bring in new blood.

Allegedly Quagliata passed his medical exam, though I don't know how that is if he hasn't left Uruguay yet. Surely the team doctors would examine him in Thessaloniki.

inPAOK is predicting a new contract will be offered to Garcia.

Solid depth option.

I wonder how many players from the B team will be cut? Now that there's a never ending pipeline from the K19s, you'd think there would be fiercer competition for making the squad. Hopefully Garcia doesn't just stick with the same group out of a sense of loyalty.

There needs to be coordination between the main team and the 'B' team. For starters the 'B' team will need to play the same formation as the main team. If Lucescu plays 4-3-2-1, then Garcia needs to play the same formation. As far as I know Lucescu and Garcia did not even talk to each other last season. Hopefully Boto will change that.

Here's another nobody that the internet is saying we bought:

https://www.transfermarkt.us/andre-ricardo/profil/spieler/683498

Only six games last year? Jesus...maybe he's for our B team?

Surprised he has enough playing time for a 7 minute best-of video:

-edit- I wrote bought up there but he may be a free agent

Edited by pash

Ricardo is signed for 4 years and has been acquired for the 'B' team.

Who knows he might have the same agent as Rafa Soares and is part of the bigger deal.

BTW, Soares to sign for 3 years at 500K per season.