Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2022

pash

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized he's a free transfer. That makes me feel a little better, I guess.

Boto moving fast is great, though. Is it possible we'll actually have most of our squad set going into preseason?? Shocking

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

InPAOK claiming that the Uruguayan fella might be 1.8mm + a 20% resale. And...drumroll..the team is working on a loan + purchase option for Limnios. Yikes. Why??

Hmmm, I'd take Limnios on loan in a heartbeat (assuming he's interested).  He's played all season in Holland so he's match fit.  He's got "run" which we're lacking and we also need a proper winger out on the right.  He would definitely give us options in terms of rotation.  If we can get better cool, but he wouldn't be a bad option me thinks.

3 hours ago, Athens4 said:

Limnios is not good enough. I can see it is going to be another one of those seasons.

He would literally be our best player in the lineup if he came back that can’t be further from the truth. He was a regular starter with 8 goals and 2 assists playing on the wing in the Dutch league for a team that finished 4th. A Dutch league that is ranked 7th in Europe… come on guys get serious here 

• Like it 2

Yea to say Limnios isn't good enough, I would disagree with that statement. Is he good enough on a champions league team, no. But we are what we are. A team ranked 2-4 in Greece. Management and ownership is not putting eggs in the champions league basket. We are not buying players to try and qualify for the CL. Savvidis is fine making a profit while continuing to be dominated by Olympiakos. For that, Limnios is very good. He would come in and be a starter on the wing right away.

• Like it 1

If you think Limnios is not good enough for PAOK you guys are crazy ha ha.  What if Zivkovic is out of form or injured, are we going to rely on Jaba ?  Limnios is a work horse who helps defend and wears down his opponent - that's his style (think Campos).  He's the anti Rodrigues so to speak.  He'd be a good signing.  Not awesome, not a "bam" but definitely solid.

• Like it 1

12 hours ago, pash said:

Every team needs average players. I just know that we can do better with our backups. 🤷‍♂️

First of all, Limnios played LW for FC Twente 27 times in 35 total games with the team. So he is actually not Zivkovic's position. Second, Which backup would go start on a top 4 team in Netherlands and be second on their team in goals? 

• Like it 1

16 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

First of all, Limnios played LW for FC Twente 27 times in 35 total games with the team. So he is actually not Zivkovic's position. Second, Which backup would go start on a top 4 team in Netherlands and be second on their team in goals? 

Well said, guys this isn’t Greek Super League Limnios he has gotten a lot better. I love this team to my soul, but there is a reason the Dutch are 7th and we are 15th. He would be our top scorer and maybe even assist man. Watch his games this year u won’t be dissapointed

• Like it 1

I didn't realise Limnios was used as a LW in Holland.  With his time with us he was solely used on the RW and I just assumed he wasn't suitable for the left.  All the more reason to sign him. 😀

Expired contracts:  Zivkovic Z., Paschalakis, Varela, Schwab
Paschalakis, Varela are certain to depart. PAOK did not make an offer to Paschalakis, because he was demanding over 1 mil back in January.

Most likely contract extensions: Vieirinha

In negotiations:  Crespo, Biseswar
Offers made by the team to both, but not accepted by players yet. Crespo apparently packed all his belongings and left for Spain.

Loans ending:  Sidclay, Akpom, Mitrita, Sastre
Reports are we will purchase Sastre