Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2022

pash

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, we have all that money from the Tzolis and Giannoulis deals just sitting there as well as the Swiderski and now the Conf League money too. No reason to be cheap. We can challenge for the title with some key new pieces.

• Like it 1

Feeling of deja vu here. Wasn't this reported like a month ago? And yet it's making the rounds again today. Either way, he seems well worth the 300k. Now to find a team that'll take Taylor's wages off our books.

• Like it 1

I personally don't mind the move, he has shown this season he can be important with his experience, overall football IQ and his quality is still there. Let alone his leadership, I am happy for him to stay. Off the bench and starting in certain matches he will be a useful cog. 

He's already a legend of the club, but imagine if he could captain us to another league title next year. His legend will grow bigger. 

21 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

I personally don't mind the move, he has shown this season he can be important with his experience, overall football IQ and his quality is still there. Let alone his leadership, I am happy for him to stay. Off the bench and starting in certain matches he will be a useful cog. 

He's already a legend of the club, but imagine if he could captain us to another league title next year. His legend will grow bigger. 

my fear is we will break him. I'd be interested to know where he sits in number of minutes played compared to the rest of the squad. It feels like he'd be top 3 and one of those would be our GK

Keeper: we need one who is good on the ball. Paschalakis makes incredible saves but cannot pass to save his life.

Defence: we renewed Ingason so now we need another decent central defender. I expect both Varela and Crespo to be history at the end of the season.

Midfield: we need a fast winger and a decent central midfielder to pair up with Kurtic.

Striker: the chances we missed tonight just show how much we are crying out for a scorer.

On 4/15/2022 at 7:57 AM, Athens4 said:

Keeper: we need one who is good on the ball. Paschalakis makes incredible saves but cannot pass to save his life.

Defence: we renewed Ingason so now we need another decent central defender. I expect both Varela and Crespo to be history at the end of the season.

Midfield: we need a fast winger and a decent central midfielder to pair up with Kurtic.

Striker: the chances we missed tonight just show how much we are crying out for a scorer.

I don't disagee with any of those but I think the keeper position is the one that is least urgent, especially for the fact you wont get much improvement without outlaying big $$$

Same here. I also think our guys are good enough, even though nobody else seems to think so haha

Regarding midfielders - I think the most important possible signing is a true attacking midfielder to compete with Biseswar. We have way too much trouble breaking through parked buses as it is. Also, Soares is the central midfielder we signed for the #8 position, as far as I have seen.

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

The players we nees to sign IMO 

Left winger 

Dekari 

2 x left backs 

1 x CB

1 x CF 

We don't need 2 left backs. Razvan is just going to play Andre there anyway whether we like it or not. We need a replacement for Kurtic [or buy him outright]

Kurtic has another season on loan before his contract expires with Parma, at which point he'll be a free agent and we can keep him if we choose to. The 'loan' was only a loan for tax reasons for Parma I believe. We essentially signed him to a 2 year contract. He will be 34 at the end of next season, so whether we want to keep him at that age is a different story. 

4 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

Kurtic has another season on loan before his contract expires with Parma, at which point he'll be a free agent and we can keep him if we choose to. The 'loan' was only a loan for tax reasons for Parma I believe. We essentially signed him to a 2 year contract. He will be 34 at the end of next season, so whether we want to keep him at that age is a different story. 

34? perfect age for a Lucescu player, a bit young but we will give him time. 😉

• Like it 2
  • Haha 1

yes, yes we do. but we may as well call up the left backs from the B team because I don't see Lucescu changing his mind on Andre and Diego on the left. If he hasn't realised it doesn't work by now, do we really think he is going to have an epiphany over the summer?