Phantis Forums

ECL-Rof16-L1: PAOK - KAA Gent (10-03-21, 19:45 EET)

Blackhawk

Big, big win. I hate that they stopped trying to score a second with 25 minutes left to play.

Our GK clearly has a groin injury. Not great.

Vieirinha was made to look like a chump multiple times. Poor performance.

Kurtic and Zivkovic just can't control themselves, huh? Fortunately we have depth. Hopefully it'll be enough.

Some very nice runs and passes by Lyratzis. He's no Giannoulis but he's getting better.

Murg underrated.

Biseswar was so clearly gassed halfway through the game...I counted him watching the ball slowly ooze by him three times in a five minute period. Needs to be subbed off sooner.

Just got back from a delightful evening at the fan club here in London.

Nice win but we could have perhaps snatched another. Both Yugoslavs got unnecessary yellows and will be missed next week. I assume Schwab and El Kaddouri will come in for them.

Lyratzis MOTM.

Has Murg had a perm? 

• Like it 1

18 minutes ago, Soprano76 said:

Big W. If PAOK can make it to the next round, I'd consider their European season to be a success

If we do get through then any further progress will be over-achieving. The teams left are all of a high calibre.

Great result and a solid performance, despite starting off quite nervy we settled into the match and were the better team for 80+ minutes. We deserved a 2nd goal on the weight of play, although clear cut chances were at premium for both teams. 

On Kurtic he is 33 and isn't going to change now but he really needs to address his carry on when he gets subbed off it isn't the first time. I dare say he we being subbed to protect him from a yellow which would see him banned from the return leg but because he was so annoyed at being taken off he chose to throw the ball away and get himself booked anyway. Now we have to go into arguably our biggest match of the season without our top scorer because he doesn't like being subbed? Pretty poor imo

Paschalakis really isn't cut out to do it in European football, saved by the linesman flag and a botched clearance that luckily fell into the lap of Crespo. He's been good for a lot of this season but some of his biggest howlers seem to happen in European games for whatever reason. 

Otherwise everyone else was quite good, Lyratzis and Tsingaras didn't look overrawed at all. Lyratzis especially very calm when defending and just seems to pop up at the key moment to make a block or a clearance. I also thought Vieirinha was very good. 

I told PaokCT that Tsiggaras was turning into Cimirot and he threatened my LIFE.

Anyway, is that what happened with Kurtic? I thought he was fouled, flipped out over it, and then was subbed off? I could have misunderstood though.

• Like it 1

I perceived it as he didn't want to be subbed and he was expressing his frustration, as has happened in the past. But it seems after reading reports from people who were at the game he was asking to be subbed earlier to avoid the card and that's why he was gesturing so much. The man himself claims he threw the ball away to stop a quick-throw in but I'm not sure I believe that. 

Whatever his motivation it was a dumb way to get booked, as was Zivkovic's. 

35 minutes ago, pash said:

I told PaokCT that Tsiggaras was turning into Cimirot and he threatened my LIFE.

Anyway, is that what happened with Kurtic? I thought he was fouled, flipped out over it, and then was subbed off? I could have misunderstood though.

I know where you live.....

I've also been saying we need a new GK for seasons now but no one wants to listen to me...

51 minutes ago, pash said:

45 minutes ago, paokarag4 said:

I perceived it as he didn't want to be subbed and he was expressing his frustration, as has happened in the past. But it seems after reading reports from people who were at the game he was asking to be subbed earlier to avoid the card and that's why he was gesturing so much. The man himself claims he threw the ball away to stop a quick-throw in but I'm not sure I believe that. 

He raised his hand to the bench a couple of times indicating he wanted to be subbed.

It is typical of PAOK for a player to be kept on despite his plea to be taken off, then sub him within ten seconds of getting booked. It is almost like:

- "We know if you get booked you are banned from the 2nd leg but we need you to stay on."
(10 seconds pass)
- "OK he's booked. Bring him off now that he is banned from next week's game."

As there is no topic for tomorrow's game I'll put the squad for this game here:

Πασχαλάκης , Ζίβκοβιτς , Ταλιχμανίδης , Λύρατζης , Τέιλορ , Κουλιεράκης, Μιχάι , Ίνγκασον , Κρέσπο , Βιεϊρίνια , Σίντκλεϊ , Τσαούσης, Τσιγγάρας , Σβαμπ , Σοάρες , Ντούγκλας , Μπίσεσβαρ , Μουργκ , Μιτρίτσα , Άκπομ , Τσόλακ , Κούτσιας .

Could you start a new topic and move this post @Blackhawk?

On 3/16/2022 at 2:04 PM, Dutch Eagle said:

Πασχαλάκης , Ζίβκοβιτς , Ταλιχμανίδης , Λύρατζης , Τέιλορ , Κουλιεράκης, Μιχάι , Ίνγκασον , Κρέσπο , Βιεϊρίνια , Σίντκλεϊ , Τσαούσης, Τσιγγάρας , Σβαμπ , Σοάρες , Ντούγκλας , Μπίσεσβαρ , Μουργκ , Μιτρίτσα , Άκπομ , Τσόλακ , Κούτσιας .

Ωχ, ωχ