Phantis Forums

ECL-GS-R6: PAOK - Lincoln Red Imps (09-12-21, 22:00 EET)

Blackhawk

5 more minutes including extra time. Slovan must score 3 (or 2 and then LRI should score 2 goals too) to prevent PAOK from advancing.

Opponents in monday’s draw: Sparta Prague, PSV, Leicester City, Fenerbahce, Marseille, #3 Group F EL (Red Star Belgrade, Braga or Midtjylland), Celtic or Rapid Vienna.

21 minutes ago, Dutch Eagle said:

5 more minutes including extra time. Slovan must score 3 (or 2 and then LRI should score 2 goals too) to prevent PAOK from advancing.

Opponents in monday’s draw: Sparta Prague, PSV, Leicester City, Fenerbahce, Marseille, #3 Group F EL (Red Star Belgrade, Braga or Midtjylland), Celtic or Rapid Vienna.

I think from those teams Sparta Prague or Celtic would be the best options. 

• Like it 1

2nd half was better than the first, still far from convincing. Was hoping we would play ourselves into some form but that didn't happen. Regardless we did what we had to do and have qualified for the knockout stage of a European competition for the first time in 5 years. Nice to have some European football to look forward to in the New Year. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Blackhawk, it looks like the stands on this forum are empty as well. Were are you, guys?

Two things for me:

1. A brutal workload these days so I don't have as much free time to chat (these European games are during the workday for me)
  2. PAOK's pathetic performances have coincided with my NFL team having an absolutely fantastic and hugely exciting season, so I have given in and allowed myself to enjoy it. Also, the scheduling this season has resulted in their Sunday games being on at the same time as PAOK's. It's truly amazing how much better of a product this is than what PAOK can put out. No fans are rioting...a full 65k seat stadium...much higher quality video production...better commentary...a competently run team full of professionals (on the field and off)...why subject myself to Greek football? Even the officiating and political scandals are so pathetically low-grade in comparison.

15 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

I think from those teams Sparta Prague or Celtic would be the best options. 

tbh celtic would be my least favoured option here. the way they move the ball under postecoglou combined with our donkey paced defence is going to be trouble big trouble

• Like it 1