Phantis Forums

SL1-R12: Ionikos Nikaias- PAOK (05-12-21, 17:15 EET)

Blackhawk

Did not deserve anything in this game. The team plays without passion and many players are not able to follow the tempo of the game. We tried to play in second half after we were down 3:1.

There need to be drastic changes, and they need to start now.

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Blackhawk said:

Did not deserve anything in this game. The team plays without passion and many players are not able to follow the tempo of the game. We tried to play in second half after we were down 3:1.

There need to be drastic changes, and they need to start now.

A very uninspiring performance from PAOK. They better get the job done in Europe.

Vre boys, now things are just getting weird.  What the heck is going on ?  The team had the international break and since then everyone has tuned out.  I didn't expect to win the title this year but I thought we'd be closer than this.  And now we are in danger of actually losing to the Imps ... good lord.

Edited by Bananas

An aging team which has completely lost its confidence is what I put it down to. A win would do wonders for the teams confidence but the issue is how the heck are we going to get that win. We have had some good performances this season, so we know we are capable of much better. 

Next season a lot of the current team will have cleared out and our average age I suspect will drop. Regardless it is fair that we expect better results and performances as we should be beating Atromitos and Ionikos.

I fear we aren't far away from a coaching change, which is never the way as has been discussed to death on this board. The saving grace maybe Lucescu's massive contract. 

I don't know how but we just need to qualify in Europe, the fans (actual fans not the organised ones) need something to look forward to. It will also help keep the howling media away, even if only for a few days...

Missed the game as was travelling. After watching the highlights I think it is clear that our main problem is our defence. Ionikos players were running past our defenders as if they weren't there. The fact that Varela tried passing back to Paschalakis in his own area instead of clearing just shows how much of a liability he is.

There needs to be a huge clear out starting in January. I doubt it will happen though.

The defensive problem is not only because of our aging defensemen, it's also because of our slow midfield. On top of that at least half the players have their contracts expire at the end of the season. There is just no incentives for some of them to give their all on the pitch not knowing what the future holds for them. That is a problem created by the team management or better yet the lack of team management.

Don't think there can be major clearance in January. Maybe 2 or 3 moves. The main thing that they need to do though is get serious about planning on building a new team in Summer of 2022.

4 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

On top of that at least half the players have their contracts expire at the end of the season. There is just no incentives for some of them to give their all on the pitch not knowing what the future holds for them.

This is what I don't understand. If I were a player with an expiring contract, I would want to be playing to showcase myself to anybody watching. The fact that they are playing with no effort is beyond me.

I guess it depends on the player. For example players like Varela and Crespo that are past their prime know that they will not be renewed no matter how they perform, so they just coast. Also players that are on loan to us seeing that the ship is sinking will not risk possible injuries.