Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Greece - Kosovo (14 Nov. 2021, 21:45 EEST - Olympic Stadium, Athens)

Dutch Eagle

9 minutes ago, trotsk13 said:

Tzolis? Alexandropoulos?

I think they should start, but I can see you making an argument (depending on formation) to include Douvikas instead of Tziolis. Alexandropoulos hasn't played in the ethniki yet, can't pencil him as an automatic starter yet. 

9 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

I think they should start, but I can see you making an argument (depending on formation) to include Douvikas instead of Tziolis. Alexandropoulos hasn't played in the ethniki yet, can't pencil him as an automatic starter yet. 

Douvikas… anyone else?

4 hours ago, trotsk13 said:

Other than Tsimikas, who under the age of 27 needs to be starting no Matter what going forward?

There are no automatic starters in this bunch at any age....Tsimikas maybe if he keeps getting more playing time at Liverpool. Alexandropoulos still has a boy's body and needs time to develop, I think that's why he wasn't used yet. Douvikas and Tzolis are good but haven't made enough impact to be considered shoe ins.

21 hours ago, Dean97 said:

A player like Pelkas proved he is better than Bakasetas.

If we go by form then Bakasetas is the most consistent greek player week in week out for his club and should be starting every game (the ultimate irony 🤪). I'm kidding of course but what did Pelkas do that made him better? Not that I think that Bakasetas is any better...but the end result was just as bad if not worse without him. Same goes for Tzavella who gets a lot of hate but were we any better when Man/Papa/Siovas were playing? 

I think a definite issue is lack of leadership....maybe Bakasetas and Tzavellas show some character to JVS and that's why they start but these guys aren't going to be the ones to take carry the team forward and I really don't know who will....Papadopoulos would have been great if he wasn't made out of glass and I don't see anyone else on the horizon.

• Like it 1

8 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Unpopular opinion - for me Pavlidis has been a huge let down after a promising start to the Ethniki, the amount of turn overs he produces is incredible. IMO Fetftazidis (30 yo) would offer so much more than Pavlidis who only really has a finish on him, his passing is terrible, hold up play very poor and I think hurting us more than helping.

Couldn't agree more re he is all hype and that's it. Unforgiveable the header he missed against Sweden, should be bread and butter for a guy his size.

I just heard on Hellas footy podcast that with the draw to Kosovo we now drop into pot 4..... Can anyone confirm? if that's the case that is absolutely embarrassing. The guys on the podcast are afraid the EPO will keep JVS on.

• Like it 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, J1078 said:

I just heard on Hellas footy podcast that with the draw to Kosovo we now drop into pot 4..... Can anyone confirm? if that's the case that is absolutely embarrassing. The guys on the podcast are afraid the EPO will keep JVS on.

Not why everyone is so worried about JVS, when the EPO, the biggest problem of all, will remain

16 hours ago, Greek Style said:

Not 1300 fans re we've had more than that!

For sure we had more fans than that and vs Spain it was more than 15 000 if we had gotten a result vs Sweden in October the crowd would have been much more than that as well. 

6 hours ago, J1078 said:

I am going to listen to the show after. I enjoy it like the Gate 7 podcast. If we drop to Pot 4 because of that draw then that in itself is cause for JVS to be fired! I was worried about that during the game when Kosovo tied it up. Unbelievable!

46 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

For sure we had more fans than that and vs Spain it was more than 15 000 if we had gotten a result vs Sweden in October the crowd would have been much more than that as well. 

Another problem is it looks like 3 people in OAKA. No atmosphere 

3 minutes ago, trotsk13 said:

Greece needs every advantage possible to qualify. And they have no home field advantage 

yes for sure I have said that the NT should play somewhere else. EPO had said they would not play at OAKA for the Euro qualification and they were suppose to have the NT play in Crete. They still cant get the stadium issue sorted out.

So in the World Cup playoffs for UEFA teams two additional teams Austria and Czech Republic get in because of Nations League results to go with the other 10 group runner ups. If Greece had won it's group from the Nations League and get the top two points, they would have took part in the playoffs? 

1 hour ago, Antaeus7 said:

So in the World Cup playoffs for UEFA teams two additional teams Austria and Czech Republic get in because of Nations League results to go with the other 10 group runner ups. If Greece had won it's group from the Nations League and get the top two points, they would have took part in the playoffs? 

I have no idea how that nonsense works either. 

4 hours ago, Antaeus7 said:

No Greece would not have made it because we were in League C and Austria and Czech were in League B and their ranking is higher than ours and Slovenia who won our NL group. 

Austria finished 4th in there wcup  qualifying group but still made the playoff. 

• Like it 1

On 11/16/2021 at 2:54 PM, DiogenesLight said:

If we go by form then Bakasetas is the most consistent greek player week in week out for his club and should be starting every game (the ultimate irony 🤪). I'm kidding of course but what did Pelkas do that made him better? Not that I think that Bakasetas is any better...but the end result was just as bad if not worse without him. Same goes for Tzavella who gets a lot of hate but were we any better when Man/Papa/Siovas were playing? 

I think a definite issue is lack of leadership....maybe Bakasetas and Tzavellas show some character to JVS and that's why they start but these guys aren't going to be the ones to take carry the team forward and I really don't know who will....Papadopoulos would have been great if he wasn't made out of glass and I don't see anyone else on the horizon.

To say Pelkas is better than Bakasetas is simply ridiculous IMO, both are average, Bakasetas has had so many chances to prove his worth and has come up with some ok momemts, the Sweden win the biggest and best of the lot. Pelkas has been poor with the Ethniki and at club level, Baka also gets the edge, just cause Pelkas runs faster doesn’t make him better.

15 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

yes for sure I have said that the NT should play somewhere else. EPO had said they would not play at OAKA for the Euro qualification and they were suppose to have the NT play in Crete. They still cant get the stadium issue sorted out.

They had a year to fix that stadium in Crete - instead, they gave up....

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

They had a year to fix that stadium in Crete - instead, they gave up....

They’re a disgrace. Now I heard on the Hellas footy podcast that UEFA are investigating them for fishy business in the Greek 2nd division.

On 11/17/2021 at 2:49 PM, Ellada2004 said:

They’re a disgrace. Now I heard on the Hellas footy podcast that UEFA are investigating them for fishy business in the Greek 2nd division.

OPAP LOL it's all about money player development and live of game means nothing 

• Like it 1

3 minutes ago, jason said:

OPAP LOL it's all about money player development and live of game means nothing 

They are a deranged bunch that is for sure. From the head coaching hires since Santos to not finding the NT a better stadium for years so Greece can gain a real home field advantage, to a host of other issues. Time for them to be shown the door.

On 11/17/2021 at 2:59 AM, J1078 said:

My god can you imagine? Game after game v the minnows eeking out 0-0 draws.

• Like it 1