Phantis Forums

2022 WCQ: Greece - Spain (11 Nov. 2021, 21:45 EEST - Olympic Stadium, Athens)

Dutch Eagle

TV Coverage:

11-NOVEMBER-2021
21:45 EET (19:45 UTC, 13:45 CDT, 06:45 AEDT)
GREECE - SPAIN
TV: OPEN TV, COSMOTE Sport 1HD (Greece), Cytavision Sports 4 (Cyprus), TVE La 1 (Spain), Optus Sport (Australia), TLN (Canada), ESPN+, TUDN, UNI Mas, Univision NOW, TUDNxtra, TUDN.com (USA)

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

I’m reading that JVS is going to play Tsimikas at CB again. This guy is clueless. How can you put your biggest attacking threat at CB??

I was hearing that in the media. I hope he comes to his senses, we need Tsimakas running at Spain on the counter and putting crosses into their box. JVS better get the lineup right!

Honestly we need a miracle to pull this off, and it doesn't  really matter in my opinion whos out for Spain as their C squad is better then most of our starters. If JVS plays Tsimikas at CB he's a complete idiot. Let's just pray Spain doesn't score and somehow we can find a late miracle goal from somewhere or come out with an very early goal before Spain can settle into there style. The problem with Greece sitting back and only getting a few chances all game is that it wont be enough as our scoring per shots taken percentage is very low. 

• Like it 2

5 hours ago, AEK RE GAMOTO said:

I don't want to jinx anything but CBS Sports in the U.S. has Greece favoured to win 1-0.

Here's the link:

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/greece-vs-spain-world-cup-qualifying-live-stream-tv-channel-how-to-watch-online-news-odds-time/

According to CBS sports Spain will make the playoffs even if they finish 3rd in the group as a result of them making the NL final. So if Sweden wrap up the group with a win in Georgia then Spain could theoretically lose the their remaining games and they would still get into the playoffs? In that case its better if Sweden get a win in Georgia making the last game vs Spain not meaningful.

12 minutes ago, trotsk13 said:

What does this mean, if anything, if this result held (or even Georgia pulled off the upset) for Greece's WC qualifying hopes?

If Georgia can get a result it will make the final game Sweden vs Spain a battle for 1st place even if Greece find away to beat Spain. 

1 minute ago, PaokCT said:

I don’t think anything cause ultimately we’d still need them to get a result vs Spain. But perhaps theyd just play harder last game?

If this result holds up then Sweden will have to go all out vs Spain which we need then to do and get a result in Seville.

1 minute ago, J1078 said:

WOW 1-0 Georgia this one hurts now even more that we dropped points to Georgia and Kosovo. Do we have a miracle in us today???

Georgia are playing well and are tough at home. I said here that they always seem to get results at end of qualification. Sweden are fortunate they beat us last time out. Let’s hope we can pull out a win!

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Georgia are playing well and are tough at home. I said here that they always seem to get results at end of qualification. Sweden are fortunate they beat us last time out. Let’s hope we can pull out a win!

Yup... At the end of the day it all comes down to if we can get 3 points today. Nothing else really matters at this point.

• Like it 2

3 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Βλαχοδήμος, Τσιμίκας, Τζαβέλλας, Γούτας, Γιαννούλης, Ανδρούτσος, Μπουχαλάκης, Σιώπης, Μάνταλος, Μασούρας, Παυλίδης

I wanted Douvikas to start this game