Phantis Forums

PAOK 'B' - Superleague 2 Games (2021-2022)

Blackhawk

SL2-new.jpg.b54322daaba72d271f697fd704bc0a36.jpg

We'll use this thread to follow the PAOK 'B' team Superleague 2 games.

Superleague 2 starts this weekend unless it's postponed at the last minute. Still no TV contract, but I have a feel ERT will come through at the last minute.

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK 'B' - Superleague 2 Games (2021-2022)

Seems like Ingason will make his long awaited return through the B team. It's being reported he will play a half against Larissa to ease him back into competitive action. 

I don't mind the idea! Adds a little more interest to PAOK B's season opener, hopefully he gets through unscathed and returns to the first team ASAP. 

Or it'll backfire and he will take offense to being thrown into the shallow end of the pool.

Reports are that basically all of the younger Greek players in the senior team will be moved to the B team as well. It'll be only our GK, Michailidis, and Konstantelias left.

The youngsters (Talichmanidis, Koutsias, Tsiggaras, Lyratzis) have been officially announced that they will help out the 'B' team this weekend. In case of Ingason I think they are trying to convince him that this is the right thing to do.

It doesn't work for me. But we do not miss a single thing. The game is a real ad for Greek football: game suspended for a while, Gavro-"fans" throwing bottles at PAOK players, chants about Garcia's (dead) mother. A real must-see ......

Was a nice goal, too. Took a few hours for the replay to be available on PAOKTV. Looks like tempers flared at the end.

Our B team's average age is about 20, which will put them at a disadvantage against many of the teams they'll be up against. Have to reconcile in our own minds the difference between PAOK "A" and PAOK "B" when considering the competition.