Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2021-2022

pash

18 hours ago, pash said:

Saw something earlier about Sporting Lisbon being interested in Augusto, while we don't want to sell for less than 6 million. No way someone pays that much for him. Prove me wrong, Sporting!

Sure, let's get rid of our best CM for peanuts...typical Bostoner. Go back to your clam chowdah in Faneul Hall

Apparently Biseswar is on course to be renewed. Let's see how long until the wheels fall off.

At this point, I can 100% see them re-signing Crespo, Biseswar, and Vieirinha...

57 minutes ago, pash said:

Apparently Biseswar is on course to be renewed. Let's see how long until the wheels fall off.

At this point, I can 100% see them re-signing Crespo, Biseswar, and Vieirinha...

Yes. And they'll be starting game one of Conference League Qualifiers next summer 🤣

I legit don't know how you can rebuild a team if you refuse to let go of your worst-performing players. I'll grant that Biseswar offers something none of our other guys have right now, but that's what the transfer window is for.

I have no problem signing Biseswar to a 1-year contract extension, but with an understanding that he will utilized as bench player in the upcoming season. He is the only one of the old-timers I would consider keeping for the upcoming season. Crespo should be thanked for his services and not signed. Vierinha needs to seriously consider retirement and accept a post within the organization.

Depends on the quality of the transfers we bring in.  If we don't get a better CB or LB than Crespo or Vieirinha I would be happy to offer them a 1 year contract.  I still think they have something to offer as rotation or mainly off the bench players. 

Biseswar is still required as he is the only player in our team with any creativity at all.  I'd be happy to get a younger replacement but I'm not hopeful that is going to happen.  Again, if used well, he has something to offer.

You need to remember in the GSL the standard is quite low and all of the 3 above players can still cut it.  It's not until we play decent European teams that their age is a negative.

• Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...