Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2021-2022

pash

not too happy about konstantelias loan to Eupen. Such a dump and team is terrible. don't really know what he could learn there that he could not learn playing more at home. maybe a change of scenery would be good for his character but watched a game and they are terrible. could not even beat seraing who are below them at home! he did not even play in that game.

• Like it 1

Welcome to the forum.

I would counter with: he wasn't going to get more than five minutes of playing time between now and the end of the season anyway. Coaches seem to disdain the home grown talent. But who knows, perhaps next year it'll be him and Soares trading off as the #10.

23 hours ago, pash said:

Welcome to the forum.

I would counter with: he wasn't going to get more than five minutes of playing time between now and the end of the season anyway. Coaches seem to disdain the home grown talent. But who knows, perhaps next year it'll be him and Soares trading off as the #10.

yeah i figured there was some reason for it but given how talented he is think he could have gone to a better situation than relegation fight in belgium. seems like the coach is unwilling to risk his job and play him in league so threw him 45 mins in cup vs anderlecht.

The last I heard they were put off by the size of his contract, but there are still a few days until their transfer window closes. Supposedly we were willing to part with him for a cool million. But I think if a player is of no use to the coach that he should be considered a sunk cost - i.e., bend a bit more and just be happy you got his wages off your books.

Unless Ferencvaros pays him the same as PAOK he will not go anywhere. He will sit on his contract and collect the cool 700K per season just like Varela is doing. Romanians wanted Varela this transfer period, but he said he is staying where he is. He is no fool.

I agree. Gaitanidis is better than Murg. Lyratzis is better than Taylor. Who's that left-back we have in the B team? Keep him as the backup to Sidcley (or whoever we hire there).

Boto's press conference heavily implied he thinks the same way. Take your most promising youth players, and throw them into harder competition to force them to grow. Only question is: will Lucescu actually play them?

If the Esiti thing was actually a sale, then I'm even happier.

Also, it looks like Ingason has renewed for the next three years? Solid.

• Like it 1

7 hours ago, pash said:

Didn't realize Augusto was linked with anyone. I still don't think he's good enough for PAOK, so I like the idea of selling him.

https://inpaok.com/719585/epimenoun-gia-ntougklas-oi-vrazilianoi/

Not good enough for PAOK? This the same kid who was chosen to represent BRAZIL at the olympics before his injury? On a team that won gold