Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2021-2022

pash

I like the loan status of Sastre. It's win-win situation. If he performs, he will get the 60% clause and will be signed automatically. Rumor is that the purchase clause is 500K. If he doesn't perform, he will be history.

In the meantime it appears we will unload Rodrigo, and have Lyratzis and Taylor (plus Vieirinha if needed) as backups. That should be enough to finish the season.

54 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

In the meantime it appears we will unload Rodrigo, and have Lyratzis and Taylor (plus Vieirinha if needed) as backups. That should be enough to finish the season.

It's a shame as he is definitely better than Taylor.

3 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

It's a shame as he is definitely better than Taylor.

Difference is that Rodrigo's contract expires and he has no desire to continue with PAOK, while Taylor is signed until 2024.

Past "reports" indicated that they weren't happy with his lack of offensive production (and with Taylor's inability to defend). Personally I think Soares was pretty damn good, if not on Matos' level.

Saw somewhere that we were not interested in Franco after all, but who knows. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a lot of reports of young Portuguese players considering who our new TD is. Automatically makes everything sound more plausible.

15 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Rodrigo is definitively better player than Taylor, but I don't think we can compare him to Matos. it will be a while before we see another Matos on PAOK IMHO. 

We've had some interesting backs in our recent history between Matos, Ett'o, Lino, Boussaidi

4 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Felipe Soares, 22-year old midfielder that currently plays for Moreirense is the latest rumor/fake news out there. 

Wasn’t he rumored back in the day? Or did I just get him in my football manager save?

3 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

There is a clause in the loan that he has to play on regular basis.

Is there a puppet positioned as a coach? Normal coaches don't want boardmembers to interfere with their lineup.

Peculiar club btw. German speaking part of Belgium. Qatari owners. 

• Like it 1

Apparently we were also very close to unload Varela to Universitate Craiova, but the deal did not happen at the last minute after Varela did not come to an agreement with the Romanian team concerning his salary.

13 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Apparently we were also very close to unload Varela to Universitate Craiova, but the deal did not happen at the last minute after Varela did not come to an agreement with the Romanian team concerning his salary.

He’s getting annoying real quick. Ship him off to USL