Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2021-2022

pash

Jaba is in Thessaloniki and is training with the team. It will be a while before he sees any action. It will be interesting to see if his head is back in the game or if he will just spend hours on playstation and in the bars. 

I bet you he has a few names that he's scouted. But in most industries you can't take your work from one employer to another 😉

From what I understand he's not coming until the first days of 2022 so it will be tight. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Transfer period ends on January 31, so there is enough time for him to make moves. I thing the first things to be taken care off are Colak (sale) and players that need to to be released/sold. Apparently the plan is for 3 new additions, so I am sure he is bringing a list of prospects with him.

Ingason being linked with a move to Turkey, according to Turkish reports (who are far from the most reliable) Regardless in a few days he is free to negotiate with any club he wants for next season. I keep hearing that he is going to resign but until it's official there is always a risk. Especially if a deal hasn't been done as we approach January. 

The reports for Ingason have been coming out for a while now. I also think the most recent one said he was being offered something like 400-500k? That seems to be less than we're paying him already...makes me really doubt it.

Ingason is our best defenseman, however the injury set him quite back. Rumors are that the Turks are dangling a 1 mil carrot in form of a contract. They are offering 500K to PAOK for an early release, but PAOK demands 1.5 mil.

Turkish press (fake news machine) claims an official offer was made by Trabzonspor, but PAOK has not received such a thing. 

For the moment, for better or worse, he's a marginal player in the defense. If we can get an acceptable amount of money, it would be a good time to make the jump. But I do agree he's our best defender, and we should instead try to re-sign him (though a million per year is kind of extreme).

We may be in the market for a new GK, which I am sure the team will immediately regret and then continue to buy another GK every transfer windw forevermore:  https://inpaok.com/713633/sti-lista-tis-al-nasr-o-paschalakis/

And perhaps a right-back for us? I can't imagine that he would cost much: https://inpaok.com/713609/thelei-santon-o-paok/

We need to buy a better keeper, it's now on Boto and the scouts to find someone who is good enough. We have always struggled with finding keepers but I also think we have been quick to give plenty the boot as soon as they make a mistake. 

I think most likely Paschalakis is our keeper until the end of the season and then we will move to sign someone. I would be happy for Paschalakis to stay on as a no.2 but it seems based on reports that he wants a similar contract to what he is currently on (700k), which I don't think we will pay for a back-up keeper. 

Why? There was a 3 million buy-out clause in his loan deal, seems perfectly reasonable to me that we reject half of that amount. (unless you mean you find it hard to believe that they would only offer 1.5m, in which case my bad) 

I don't think we are super desperate to sell him, I think if we get our 3 million we will sell but otherwise I get the feeling we want to hang onto him until the end of the season given our troubles with our strikers not scoring heavily and Oliveria still on the comeback trail.

Who knows maybe the confidence he got from his stint in Sweden will help him and he'll start banging them in for us

Edited by paokarag4

13 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Why? There was a 3 million buy-out clause in his loan deal, seems perfectly reasonable to me that we reject half of that amount. (unless you mean you find it hard to believe that they would only offer 1.5m, in which case my bad) 

I don't think we are super desperate to sell him, I think if we get our 3 million we will sell but otherwise I get the feeling we want to hang onto him until the end of the season given our troubles with our strikers not scoring heavily and Oliveria still on the comeback trail.

Who knows maybe the confidence he got from his stint in Sweden will help him and he'll start banging them in for us

Cause he sucked for us. I think 3 mill on his buy-out clause was way too high based off his production for us. Let's see what he does when he comes back and if Lucescu even plays him. We have 3 strikers on the team, to not accept an offer of almost 2 mil on a player who won't get any PT (if in fact he doesn't) i'd say that's awful mismanagement. Now, if he becomes the starter and starts getting some quality chances and hitting them, i'm fine with it.

Now onto our new RB. He's a backup for a team in a relegation battle. He's a tiny bloke, at 5'9. I do not understand, in a huge position of need, us taking backups as loanees from teams who may not even be better than us. Yes, he got a lot of playing time last year, but that was in the second division in Spain. We are not some world beaters now, but we need to start hitting on some of these transfers. We shouldn't be taking loans. This would be our 5th loanee this year. We need to start spending money to get better, we have only bought one player so far this year, Tzimas at 350,000. Between the Tzolis, Giannoulis deals, and our making the GS and knock out stage for the conference league, we should have adequate funds to purchase some quality players.